• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Wheel settings after update

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Peter, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +167
    I'm experiencing weird ''floaty'' behavior, especially when i'm turning slightly and make minor inputs and when tires are not loaded heavily. Across the whole wheel range the car tends to move about in a floaty manner. I'm having a hard time keeping it straight or positioning it accurately, since there always seems to be some additional digital motion adding to my input, the travel seems excessive and not convincing. Often it feels as if i was balancing a ball and that motion controlled the amount of steering in game.:unsure:
    May be due to some steering ratio inaccuracies, linearity issues,steering sensitivity or smth. Or the fact that i'm using a low degree wheel. I don't know...It doesn't feel right and i'm not enjoying it.

I'm using a low ° wheel (turns 120° into every direction). Does anyone else experience this ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. TurboGigi

TurboGigi

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    from the many tests I've got to do, I noticed that the understeer you feel, a little bit, if you do not exceed 30% in the setting "Force Lateral." I have set to 20%.

If this setting is increased, the spring / shock absorber covers and cancels the effect of understeer.

3. ApoFys_

ApoFys_

Ratings:
    +10
    Try 107% (overall effect) in the logitech profiler and the deadzone will disapear :)

4. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +308
    107%? I'd drive with 120% if I could :D Problem is even 107 drowns out the other forces we're trying to feel through the wheel.

I gave it a try anyway but it was what I suspected. All the subtle forces get drowned out. I tried different things, too, like lower profiler strength and more in-game strength but it came out the same.

S3 needs to implement an iRacing-like Min Force setting to really solve this for G27s and any wheel that has ffb center deadzones.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ApoFys_

ApoFys_

Ratings:
    +10
    For me, with this setting, the dead zone doesn't exist anymore but the feeling is not exactly the same, like you said and with a more long try, some forces in the center have disappeared too.
    Rfactor 2 have created the same value i think , "the steering torque minimum"

• Beer Beer x 1
  6. Serj

Serj

Ratings:
    +44
    I compare the equal settings of my FFB with Corvette GT2 on Nurburgring GP and Zolder and can tell that on Nurburgring my car feels like a cow on ice with very poor ffb feeling. Why, its a new track with updated ffb or not?

7. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen

Ratings:
    +1,263
    · Updated Oschersleben with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
    · Updated Zandvoort with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
    · Updated Lausitzring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
    · Updated Hockenheim with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
    · Updated Red Bull Ring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
    · Updated Lausitzring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
    · Updated Portimao with new road shader, optimizations for performance.
    · Updated RaceRoom Raceway with optimizations for ffb

That was posted earlier, so unless I'm mistaken Nurburgring has not been updated yet, I think however I've heard that it's due for the next update, but don't quote me on that! :)

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. Serj

Serj

Ratings:
    +44
    Ok, but Zolder feels good like Zandvoort :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  9. ApoFys_

ApoFys_

Ratings:
    +10
    Your setting with DTM experience is just amazing with my G27
    Few hours ago, i was fighting with my wheel on zandvoort in a MP race, it was awesome
    Thank you !

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tim Chitwood

Tim Chitwood

Ratings:
    +6
    I have found that if I unplug and plug my wheel into my computer when I start it in the morning I feel it keeps the center better. I just quit driving that model of that car and I have no problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +93
    Hi Gang

I have this what seems like random issue where sometimes between sessions or when i resume from a pause or replay the steering in game comes back very light like there is no spring strength, does anyone else have this? I use a g27.

Cheers F1A

12. James Nance

James Nance
    I like Race cars?

Ratings:
    +302
    I have the same, but I just pause the game again, rotate it and its back to normal

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +93
    Thanks James will give it a shot, is Sector 3 aware of this?

14. Shovas

Shovas
    Premium

Ratings:
    +308
    Been playing around with this more and more on a G27 on updated cars and old cars and I've upped my Vertical Load and Lateral each to 160% and I feel this is a relatively good number to get the most information out of the wheel while cornering. It reduces Vertical Load on straights but manages to keep it going in the corners decently enough while maintaining lateral forces.

Upping the lateral force has also helped 'somewhat' with the ffb center deadzone issue but by no means enough.

I'll be surprised if we get any more ffb information out of the current build.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JayJayRaceinho

JayJayRaceinho

Ratings:
    +85
    will give it a try some time :)... i prefer AC'S FFB, gives a very good feeling on any situation on my DFGT .... and that's what i try to achieve aswell, but better the Devs do it as their job and you only do minor adjustments such as strength etc. and not fiddling with lots of values in ini-files.

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Serj Khan

Serj Khan

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the problem too in 8 of 10 cases, but with a Thrustmaster TX...Hope that's gonna be fixed soon. Not such a big problem in single player but in multiplayer.

17. James Nance

James Nance
    I like Race cars?

Ratings:
    +302
    Yeah single player not so much an issue, but yes your right, multiplayer is not good, happened to me in a race the other day, had to keep racing with it, felt so weird. Hope it does get looked at and fixed.

18. Serj Khan

Serj Khan

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like that just a few people here have this problem. Is your wheel connected directly on your pc or do you use a hub? Mine connected with an active USB hub together with a TH8RS shifter and Fanatec CSP V1.

19. James Nance

James Nance
    I like Race cars?

Ratings:
    +302
    Mine is connected directly to the PC tower in the back. But this issue doesnt happen often though.

20. Serj Khan

Serj Khan

Ratings:
    +0
    I've plugged my hub now directly into a free mainboard usb slot, before it was connected to PCI-E USB3.0 card. Seems to be much better now...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.