Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

I was gone all last week and finally had the chance to drive the game's Audi90 Quattro yesterday on the Lakeview Hillclimb circuit.
Is it just me or does this game feel really disconnected on the T500RS?
The car was nowhere near as pointed as it should be.
I actually got to drive a highly modified road version of the A90 Quattro years ago on Hwy1 above Stinson Beach in California.
The car was lots of fun to drive on the switch backs up through DogTown all the way to Fort Bragg.
On the plus side, while the update took forever I do now like the new interface.

It's strange, I'm also having issues with understeer FFB not working on my fanatec GT3RSv2 wheel.

I loaded up GTR2, just to see if there's something wrong with wheel ffb, but the understeer there works perfectly, like it always did.

Question, is the wheel supposed to become much lighter when understeering, with understeer ffb at 100%? Because that's not happening in RRRE, but it does in GTR2.

Just so that I know which effect I need to look for.

Everything related to FFB seems to related to steering. Nobody else out there having issues with overly sensitive throttle and brake???
I noticed it during my short tests. I even set the brake sensitivity to 10% with 10% deadzone. Did not matter at all, brakes kept locking. Was running a T500 which died on my while I was racing....to be continued.

@Shovas For some odd reason i took it down to 40% and changed my braking style a little bit and now it's working fine, it will still lock up once in a while but that's just when i brake to late and slam on the brakes :p
You mean 40% brake sensitivity? That's in the range I was thinking. Mine is lower than that.

You might not be aware but brake sensitivity in-game doesn't mean "sensitivity" it means "linearity" of the brake forces. 50% is perfect linear. That means your brake at half way applies half 50% braking forces in-game. Lower than 50% means your brake at half way actually applies *less than* 50% braking forces in-game. Higher is the opposite. It's there to kind of mimick a real life pedal where the majority of braking force is near the end of the pedal travel.

That may explain why you're happier with 40% as it gives you more pedal travel before it locks up. I'd even recommend going lower. Mine is around 20% I recall.

I'm still struggling to get everything right on my TX wheel with this game. I tried the new ADAC pack and can't get the braking right plus it seems I'm having to tip toe round the tracks. Went onto DTM E which I have just purchased and that seemed great!

It's strange, I'm also having issues with understeer FFB not working on my fanatec GT3RSv2 wheel.
Question, is the wheel supposed to become much lighter when understeering, with understeer ffb at 100%? Because that's not happening in RRRE, but it does in GTR2.

Just so that I know which effect I need to look for.
I have the same wheel. On default settings i slightly feel the understeer (wheel is going light), but not as much as i would like it to. Even with 100% understeer in menu.
So i changed the "front grip exponent" in my controlset to 3.0 and now the understeer is much more noticeable.

So open your controlset file and edit the following line:
Code:
FFB steer force front grip exponent="3.0" // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0.  Exponent applied to grip weight.
Hint: You have to close R3E before editing.

You have to take into account that only certain cars and tracks have been updated for new ffb:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/r3e-open-beta-has-been-updated.92771/

Try one of the updated cars/tracks and see how it feels. Hopefully updated ffb will come soon for all the other cars/tracks.
Thanks Shovas.
I wasn't aware all cars and tracks had not been updated.
I only have the Lakeview circuit and a few cars.
I've been a bit reluctant to buy the full game as I keep getting a random shutdown while sometimes negotiating menus. It only happens in RRE...no other game or application.

You might not be aware but brake sensitivity in-game doesn't mean "sensitivity" it means "linearity" of the brake forces. 50% is perfect linear. That means your brake at half way applies half 50% braking forces in-game. Lower than 50% means your brake at half way actually applies *less than* 50% braking forces in-game. Higher is the opposite. It's there to kind of mimick a real life pedal where the majority of braking force is near the end of the pedal travel.

That may explain why you're happier with 40% as it gives you more pedal travel before it locks up. I'd even recommend going lower. Mine is around 20% I recall.

Not necessarily though, it just depends on how the game is coded. Since the default value is 50% now, it could be that 50% is 1:1 linear ratio but that doesn't always have to be the case. In most games, 100% is 1:1 linear and generally not advised to use unless you're using a load cell type brake. I think the problem here is that most people are noticing the 0-100% scale for brake sensitivity isn't really scaling all that much since the difference between 0 and 100% just isn't as much as it is in most games. In most games I set it to 100% because I have a load cell brake and in this one, it doesn't seem to matter if I set it to 0 or 100%, the brakes still lock up pretty quickly. I can live with it, but I can certainly understand why there are some complaints about it. There is a difference between 0 and 100%, its just that the difference isn't that huge.

Thanks Shovas.
I wasn't aware all cars and tracks had not been updated.
I only have the Lakeview circuit and a few cars.
I've been a bit reluctant to buy the full game as I keep getting a random shutdown while sometimes negotiating menus. It only happens in RRE...no other game or application.

I was under the impression from what I've read in multiple posts since the latest update that ALL cars have been given the latest FFB update, however only the ADAC cars have been updated with new physics and only the ADAC tracks have been updated with the new road surface. Someone from Sector 3 can certainly correct me if I'm wrong though, that's just what I understood.

· Updated Oschersleben with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
· Updated Zandvoort with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
· Updated Lausitzring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
· Updated Hockenheim with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
· Updated Red Bull Ring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
· Updated Lausitzring with new road shader, optimizations for performance and ffb.
· Updated Portimao with new road shader, optimizations for performance.
· Updated RaceRoom Raceway with optimizations for ffb

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back