Wheel settings after update

Peter

who cares
All the old control sets are terminated with the update.

The advised settings are 900° and 30 wheel lock, but we tested and used default wheel driver settings without damper and spring.

For example Thrustmaster T500 60%/100%/100%/0%/0% and TX 75%/100%/100%/0%/0%.

Logitech uses 270° default, so the wheel lock is set to 10 in game.
Feel free to change that to 900°/30.

All wheels that have 900° should use this from now on as a default setting.

The target for the team is to have an automatic rotation/lock for all wheels/cars in the future.

So should i set the wheel rotation on my Fanatec-wheel to 900 degrees (and not to OFF). Right?
And as i understand ..... after automatic rotation/lock feature is implemented, i can set my wheel Sensitivity parameter (SEn) to OFF and R3E automatically set the right steering wheel range for every car. (like in AC or pCARS)

For now, as a general advice i´d tell you to:
  1. set your wheel to 900 degrees, and use a steering lock between 30 and 35*
  2. disable damper and springs in your drivers!
*540 degrees with steering lock 23 (or similar) works as well of course.

If you are driving a RWD car, then you might want to lower the lateral forces in the ffb menu a bit, and increase steering force + vertical load instead.
Once you will get to drive the FWD cars you will see though, why the default profiles have some lateral forces in there.

If you are not bothered by your wheel making a bit of noise (Logitech wheels in particular) then go ahead and set the smoothing to 0.

If you want to increase the feeling for oversteer etc. increase the steering force.
If you want to get more feedback from the road surface increase vertical load.

Last edited:
Ok, so I've been playing the new game for about ohh, maybe 10 minutes now. My thoughts about the new feedback system.... Best I've felt so far from any racing sim I own. I own them all except iracing and rfactor 2. It just feels so good. I can really feel what I'm doing really well on the track now. And I'm only on a DFGT. So you guys on the higher end models must be in heaven. I'm also getting slightly better FPS. I love the new menu system. Very intuitive now! Honestly everything in the game is just flawless, its really incredible what you guys have been working on here. I would say a major hit for the way the new company is starting off. Not just a bunch of fluff garbage upgrades either that you usually see. Very VERY well done people.

A sincere congratulations is in order here.
Thank you!!:)

Just wanted to say, HUGE congrats to Simbin/Sector3. :thumbsup::)

The FFB is night and day compared to the old one. It's really really good, and I haven't tweaked it yet. I'm kinda lost to what settings does what, but I'll figure it out. This update has put R3E on my radar, and I'm really happy that R3E is not dead and is here to stay. Keep it up guys.

Now I need to think wisely to see what should be my first purchase... Any suggestions? :D

For now, as a general advice i´d tell you to:
  1. set your wheel to 900 degrees, and use a steering lock between 30 and 35*
  2. disable damper and springs in your drivers!
*540 degrees with steering lock 23 (or similar) works as well of course.

If you are driving a RWD car, then you might want to lower the lateral forces in the ffb menu a bit, and increase steering force + vertical load instead.
Once you will get to drive the FWD cars you will see though, why the default profiles have some lateral forces in there.

If you are not bothered by your wheel making a bit of noise (Logitech wheels in particular) then go ahead and set the smoothing to 0.

If you want to increase the feeling for oversteer etc. increase the steering force.
If you want to get more feedback from the road surface increase vertical load.
73dafe7b2d755b21bdb65f2f3ceb5040.jpg

Can U please make an explanation of these settings?

Just wanted to say, HUGE congrats to Simbin/Sector3. :thumbsup::)

The FFB is night and day compared to the old one. It's really really good, and I haven't tweaked it yet. I'm kinda lost to what settings does what, but I'll figure it out. This update has put R3E on my radar, and I'm really happy that R3E is not dead and is here to stay. Keep it up guys.

Now I need to think wisely to see what should be my first purchase... Any suggestions? :D
Volvo/BMW touring classics are a blast mate!

@Serj
The Understeer setting defines how quickly the wheel will become light when understeering (loosing grip on the front tyres). You will feel this as well when locking up brakes for example.
By default it´s set to be linear (100% grip = 100% force, 0% grip = 0% force)
Reduce that setting in order to prevent the wheel becoming too light too quickly.

Lateral Force takes forces into account that effect the tyres from the side (horizontally),
as opposed to vertical load, that looks at forces that effect the tyres from below.

Steering Rack Setting defines how much of the lateral forces are being taken from the steering rack rather than the tyres.

Best is to just try out the different settings and see what feels best to you.
You can always go back to the default controlset and start again from there.

I used the default settings in game for my DFGT and it is perfect! No adjustment at all needed. Its just the way I like it, my lap times are improving and I can feel what is happening on the track. Best of all, my car is now speaking my language perfectly. Translation is flawless. Nothing better than that in my eyes. I'm sorry but, Sector 3 and RRRE has just set a standard in FFB. Its simply incredible!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 413 40.0%