What's still missing in AC?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Think we can all agree that we adore this sim but despite the fact the game has reached version 1.x it's far from completed.

Personally I don't understand why AC was labeled 1.0, with some very basic sim racing features missing compared to competing titles on the PC sim racing market, and not just kept early access until all work was done.

To just have an overview of what's still missing I'd like to hear your opinion in this discussion thread.

What's absolutely needed to call AC complete?

Guys stop this stupid war against to me.

Just share all your AC settings with me so I can test AC with the same settings, all.

I have almost default settings and setups and the game feels stupid for me. Maybe you found something special to make AC very good, I didn't.

When I tested Project Cars or Dirt Rally or any Simbin sims, those feels very good with default settings, so there's some issue with my AC settings or AC core not include correct tyre model or surface grip. Something is missing from my AC.

If you share your settings so it means that I must install AC again, maybe today, if not then sunday or after that, tomorrow i'm too busy...Drag Racing calling me Alastaro Finland Top Fuel Nitro Dragsters are on the strip this weekend, hot sun is shining and life is so good here in Finland...

I have played simbin ones since gtr and this is totally different. Simbin i have to set ny wheel to 270° rotation. Ac i have set for 900°. Cant remember steering sensitivity but 3 pedals are set to 0 sensitivity. I will look at my settings over the weekend and post them.

This does feel far more realistic than gtr2 or race 07. Pcars i just cant grasp. No matter what the settings are the cars dont handle right for me. So i got a refund.

Kimmo:

Mate you wonder why you ruffle some feathers, you can be your own worst enemy sometimes. When you are so clearly at fault you still want to argue. It amazes me.
Oh if I don't like AC so i'm my own enemy, so smart!!! Did you noticed, you have very much stories to tell me, thanks for that, it's nice to be so popular...but i'm talking about game you are talking about me, that's not fair!!!

BTW, atm installing Assetto Corsa (about 50 % loaded), Q: was it Stefano Casillo who created this masterpiece, he's the best modder I don't know??? Also heard that NetKar Pro is better than this AC, is that true? I also have NK license but not driven it because Race07 was much better then...

EDIT: now I have corrrect settings thanks to John, I can say that AC seems much better than NKPro...

Last edited:
I have played simbin ones since gtr and this is totally different. Simbin i have to set ny wheel to 270° rotation. Ac i have set for 900°. Cant remember steering sensitivity but 3 pedals are set to 0 sensitivity. I will look at my settings over the weekend and post them.

This does feel far more realistic than gtr2 or race 07. Pcars i just cant grasp. No matter what the settings are the cars dont handle right for me. So i got a refund.
I normally use 200°-230° with Simbin GTR2 and Race07, and 312° / 13 with R3E, not even checked AC rotation but must try that 900°. Normally my mostly driven car is F1, so fast and sharp steering is the thing...also I need to feel tyre grip, there must be able to lean on the tires but AC just sliding, you can't feel the grip. But lets see if this new try fix everything...

AC reinstalled, this is much better now, default settings are quite good, but:
- still sliding too much (asphalt need little bit more grip? yes 0.98 -> 1.00 and bueno)
- too hard wheel rattling (ratatatatatataa)
- fast streering = very sharp but pivoting too much (like Colin McRae Rally of RBR, maybe 900° fix this issue lets see)

So the default game is very good, but not perfect as PC, sorry...

Can't wait to try this with your settings, added Spa Asphalt surface grip to 1.00, i hope you can fix the rattling without loosing FFB force, default Force is good. For the earlier installation I removed rattling and then the streering was not so good as it's with default setup.

So these little things only needed to fix, too much asked? Please no more new official content before these and other issues corrected, thanks. AC could be the Best Sim just do it!!!

ok so here are my settings.

Main controls:
Steering degrees 900
gas, brake, clutch range 0-100

Advanced:
FFB
Invert = no
gain=30
filter and damping =0
minimum force =12
kerb effects =90
road effects =60
slip effects =20

steering settings
Gamma =1.00
filter=0
speed sensitivity =0

Pedals
brake gamma =2.4

combine with keyboard input =no

G27 settings in control panel

combined pedals =no
rotation =900
enable ffb=yes
overal effects streangth=70
spring efects=70
damper effects=70

center spring enable=yes
streangth= 20

allow game to adjust settings=no

So nice :D

Now this is totally different game, gain is maybe too low but very good with F1 car, no rattling, sharp steering etc, so that's it!!!

Note that I changed grip to Spa Surfaces.ini file, default max grip is 0.98, I changed it to 1.00, you can add more but then it's arcade so 1.00 is realistic. Asphalt is 100% asphalt, 98% asphalt is something else...

Thank You very much for your help John!!!

Note that I changed grip to Spa Surfaces.ini file, default max grip is 0.98, I changed it to 1.00, you can add more but then it's arcade so 1.00 is realistic. Asphalt is 100% asphalt, 98% asphalt is something else...
100% is fresh gritty asphalt, 98% is worn out shiny asphalt that gives tires less grip... Spa's not paved as well as circuits with 100% grip available.

@quicksilver384, interesting settings I will try them. Very different approach than mine.
@Kimmo Kokkonen, glad you find settings that you like.

I will post mine, way different approach, you can test and decide :

Logitech G27 : Global Profile 100 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 900, game change settings yes
In game : Gain 100% | Filter 0% | Damp 0% | Kerb 0% | Road 0% | Slip 0% | Min. Force 12% | Gamma 1.00 | Filter 0.00 |
Speed 0.00 | Brake gamma 1.30

Then to avoid clipping you have to use the anti clipping app http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ack-wheel-using-wheelcheck-and-ffbclip.14319/

Speaking out of my own selfishness, I think the Zonda R is in desperate need of some new external sound samples. It sounds literally nothing like the real thing from track side. I know that Fonsecker has a reasonably good one, but I'd like an official Kunos sound sample, like they did with the awesome new sounds of the LaFerrari.
The Zonda deserves great sounds as well :)

"What's still missing?"
Just the right few people in an in-line session to show how good it really is.
I had such a session recently.
It was mega...
It was some of the absolute best racing I've ever had...hands down.
As to looks...it has one of the best, most authentic 'feels' while sitting in that virtual cockpit looking out...once you get the FOV value right of course.
About the only thing it needs now, is some 'raspiness' and a bit less 'seemlessness' in up/down shifts sounds.
It needs a few ECU cut (lean/rich unstable combustion pops and transmission/clutch take-up clunks to finish.
That's all.

"What's still missing?"
Just the right few people in an in-line session to show how good it really is.
I had such a session recently.
It was mega...
It was some of the absolute best racing I've ever had...hands down.
As to looks...it has one of the best, most authentic 'feels' while sitting in that virtual cockpit looking out...once you get the FOV value right of course.
About the only thing it needs now, is some 'raspiness' and a bit less 'seemlessness' in up/down shifts sounds.
It needs a few ECU cut (lean/rich unstable combustion pops and transmission/clutch take-up clunks to finish.
That's all.
you're not Terry in the green lotus evora from the silverstone national server from a few days ago by any coincidence? had a blast racin that guy for several laps...

Speaking out of my own selfishness, I think the Zonda R is in desperate need of some new external sound samples. It sounds literally nothing like the real thing from track side. I know that Fonsecker has a reasonably good one, but I'd like an official Kunos sound sample, like they did with the awesome new sounds of the LaFerrari.
The Zonda deserves great sounds as well :)

Sounds is actually where this game could excel well beyong what we have available today, just look at the Miata Mod, easily the best sounding car in the game. Complete dynamic sounds in all cameras, and this is just some measly 100bhp roadster. TBH if Fmod gets used right we will see the popularity rise quite a bit in AC.

Also while I love the fact that you can drive so many different disciplines of racing in this game, it would be a good idea for AC to be defined by one series. The closest one to that title is the GT3/Blancpain style races. The amount of GT3 cars that are in the pipeline would really benefit from proper (read full) support from AC Kunos, it would really be something. To make it as that we would need a way to balance the cars since not all of them will be the same year spec.

Anyway just theorycrafting.

So nice :D

Now this is totally different game, gain is maybe too low but very good with F1 car, no rattling, sharp steering etc, so that's it!!!

Thank You very much for your help John!!!

Nice to see that you have something good to say about AC for once :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.