What's still missing in AC?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Think we can all agree that we adore this sim but despite the fact the game has reached version 1.x it's far from completed.

Personally I don't understand why AC was labeled 1.0, with some very basic sim racing features missing compared to competing titles on the PC sim racing market, and not just kept early access until all work was done.

To just have an overview of what's still missing I'd like to hear your opinion in this discussion thread.

What's absolutely needed to call AC complete?

Sorry if I repeate some that are already said.

1) Full damage modeling. (GTR 2 managed it (sort of) nearely 10 years ago)
2) Endurance events (3 hours or more)
3) Day / Night transition
4) Weather (I know alot of people dont like wet racing but it would be great to have the option)
5) Getting rid of the high CPU warning 99% issues on some tracks
6) Touring cars (preferably BTCC)
7) Japanese SGT 500 cars
8) The ability to drift on any track not just a few
9) Full animated pit crew (see them changing tyres and refueling cars)
10) The ability to create a custom championship from within the game not a seperate program.

That will do for now :)

I must add though it is an awesome game as is but can't wait for it to get better. I'm hooked on the Merc 190 DTM car with no assists and using H-shifter.

It would be already a great start to get full line-ups for series instead
of just here and there a car but a huge bunch of streetcars :)

A full WTCC / BTCC / STCC / WhateverTCC lineup would be awesome.

1) Full damage modeling. (GTR 2
managed it (sort of) nearely 10 years ago)
I have read up on licensing for racing sims and it's interesting to know that license deals include the damage model. If Mercedes only gives you the license if their car in game isn't able to be destroyed you're pretty much out of luck on that part.

Of course, this is some internet facts, can't verify if it's true or not - and if that's the case in AC.
8) The ability to drift on any track not just a few
As in your other threads, that's possible ;)

Yeh Xnorb It probly is to do with licencing. I know that forza and GT dont have proper damage either. probly the reason why GTR2 and race ect can is because they are using licenced teams not cars but i dont know but yeh as for the drifting goes I now know how to :)

imo there is great reward for proper damage modeling. I love GTR2 when you have an impact and lose the spoiler on a 10K lap it make it an interesting lap lol

Pro drivers discussing about AC - Assetto corsa not a pure sim

<mod edit: link removed>
Post #42 is the best, even if this is more than one year old info so i totally agree, what else you expect :)

"The AC cars feel like floading in the air without tires touch to ground."

Last edited by a moderator:
Pro drivers discussing about AC - Assetto corsa not a pure sim
<mod edit: link removed>
Post #42 is the best, even if this is more than one year old info so i totally agree, what else you expect :)

10/10 for quoting out of context! You should take up a job with BuzzFeed, I bet they'd love you there!

Well @Kimmo Kokkonen , I read most of the messages on the thread, and more people concur AC feels very close to their real life driving experiences with the same car. Actually could not identify any "pro drivers".

So far, I do not know what is your point. If you preffr a sim different than AC, go enjoy it. Why you come bashing AC? Its really so sad to read your pointless and empty posts. Is like you are looking for approval from the community that they share your opinion.

Anyway, this has nothing to do what is missing on AC, hopefuly a moderator will remove your message.

Well @Kimmo Kokkonen , I read most of the messages on the thread, and more people concur AC feels very close to their real life driving experiences with the same car. Actually could not identify any "pro drivers".

So far, I do not know what is your point. If you preffr a sim different than AC, go enjoy it. Why you come bashing AC? Its really so sad to read your pointless and empty posts. Is like you are looking for approval from the community that they share your opinion.

Anyway, this has nothing to do what is missing on AC, hopefuly a moderator will remove your message.
<mod edit: repeated duplicate posts are considered spamming. Post something on topic, which contributes to the discussion or dont post at all.>

Last edited by a moderator:
You are so right about this, it's true that this following thing is not missing from AC

If you missed it, the context is the guy has a 3dof rig, and he didn't have any telemetry feeding it from AC, so he couldn't feel any bumps like in RF2 where his rig was set up to shake him over bumps... so yeah guess what, if you unplug your ffb wheel, AC's not going to give very much tire feeling either...

I don't know if TheGMan is one of the same 2-3 guys who's all about RF2 in every thread but it smells that way to me, he doesn't have any specifics in mind, just "RF2 is better because it's better". Once you notice the pattern you can spot them on all the sim news sites. If they want to complain about specific things in AC go for it, but "wahh I don't like AC's tires, they grip too much" while AC cars on green tracks run very reasonable trap speeds (with a few minor exceptions) just doesn't do it for me.

At the moment when i start up AC i usually only look for a fitting MP lobby and do a little bit of online racing. The main improvements i'd like to see there:
* Ping limits (are there any in the server settings? Don't know, but last time a guy with a ping of over 900 was on a server....)
* Instable network warning / kicker
* Real start
* Formation lap
* Spotter (to avoid everybody slamming into everyone)

@all: Just ignore Kimmo, he's only trolling all day long.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 180 87.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 34 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 13.6%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 29 14.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 58 28.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 72 35.0%