What's still missing in AC?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Think we can all agree that we adore this sim but despite the fact the game has reached version 1.x it's far from completed.

Personally I don't understand why AC was labeled 1.0, with some very basic sim racing features missing compared to competing titles on the PC sim racing market, and not just kept early access until all work was done.

To just have an overview of what's still missing I'd like to hear your opinion in this discussion thread.

What's absolutely needed to call AC complete?

It's a series of races, you get points based on a particular schedule and the winner at the end is whoever has the most points. You can't skip back and forth between the races but the 'restart race' menu option's still there if you need to take a mulligan.

I haven't played all of them cause AI was kinda annoying (458 S3 likes to do bad things at Monza) so I don't know if each event is a full race weekend in the later ones, in the ones I tried it was just a race, with grid determined by championship position.

I didn't read the whole thing so I don't know if somebody already said it, but...

- NIGHT and RAIN racing.
It seems obvious, since 99% of racing games nowadays feature night and rain racing....
This is the only MAJOR disappointment for me. Everything else is great.
I still can't believe that this game doesn't have night, at least... are you serious?

- It could be nice to have a serious improvement in collisions too...
Like BeamNGDrive...

- And finally, realistic rally racing, so that I won't miss Richard Burns Rally anymore. lol
Realistic dirt and various terrains...

Ability to change settings while being in "drive mode".
Seriously nothing has ever been more annoying than not being able to change volume settings or key bindings...

But that's all down to how AC is built (splitting the whole menu and driving part in 2 seperate threads) and will never be resolved...

Haven't gone through all 18 pages of this, but what i'd like to see for GT3 is cockpit adjustable TC, adjustable F&R ARB for most race cars; pit strategy in menu and adjustable during the game instead of doing it when you're in the box.

for those who aren't on auto clutch, ability to put it in first at the start line.

The other vanilla stuff you see in other sims like rad opening, brake ducts or what not isn't really huge to me unless the performances of the engine and the brakes are temp critical in the sim (which doesn't seem to be). But the stuff outlined above would make the racing more dynamic especailly over longer distances.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back