What's still missing in AC?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Think we can all agree that we adore this sim but despite the fact the game has reached version 1.x it's far from completed.

Personally I don't understand why AC was labeled 1.0, with some very basic sim racing features missing compared to competing titles on the PC sim racing market, and not just kept early access until all work was done.

To just have an overview of what's still missing I'd like to hear your opinion in this discussion thread.

What's absolutely needed to call AC complete?

Pre-arranged pit stops.

Either pre-booked so that you know on Lap 10 you will stop for Mediums & 80 litres of fuel and on lap 20 you could book Softs and 20 litres for that last stint etc...

Or...

As you enter the pit lane and are on the limiter you can chose the tyres and fuel (& damage repair) so that when you box, it starts rather than play the mini-game that we have at the moment where in a close race, how fast you can play it will determine if you keep position or not - fasted mouse jockey wins.

Pit stops in this game are a joke as it stands.

Pre-arranged pit stops.

Either pre-booked so that you know on Lap 10 you will stop for Mediums & 80 litres of fuel and on lap 20 you could book Softs and 20 litres for that last stint etc...

Or...

As you enter the pit lane and are on the limiter you can chose the tyres and fuel (& damage repair) so that when you box, it starts rather than play the mini-game that we have at the moment where in a close race, how fast you can play it will determine if you keep position or not - fasted mouse jockey wins.

Pit stops in this game are a joke as it stands.

100% agreed. This is a necessity and not just a "nice-to-have". 10 year old sims even have this, and it should have been in the day multiplayer pitstops were introduced.

I don't particularly see why it's such a fuss to add, as they can just give you permanent access to the current menu you get when arriving at your pit box as it is, and when you stop, it uses the settings you've entered into it.

The pit menu app doesn't work for me at all, just nothing happens when I press the hotkey to make it actually do the pitstop. But again, it shouldn't be necessary to use a 3rd party app for such a basic necessity which should come as standard.

I don't understand why people need to make pit stops less realistic by including a bunch of buttons to set them in the car, you should have to yell into your headset that you need none fuel and left tires and sometimes the pit crew gets it wrong.

At least with the current system there's some variation and opportunity to get ahead during a pit stop, instead of everyone doing exactly 43.8 second stops like in some games.

I don't understand why people need to make pit stops less realistic by including a bunch of buttons to set them in the car, you should have to yell into your headset that you need none fuel and left tires and sometimes the pit crew gets it wrong.

At least with the current system there's some variation and opportunity to get ahead during a pit stop, instead of everyone doing exactly 43.8 second stops like in some games.
There are realistic solutions e.g. plan the pitstop before the race like they usually do in reality and when you have a fully manual pitstop you have pit entry speed, hitting thr grid box as well as how good you are lined up as variables. So if you are standing with an angle in your pitbox you will have a delay. Thats nothing new other sims already handle it like that.

If everything is pre-planned then all stops will ahve the same length again and it takes the whole fun out of the damn thing.

Only problem with the pit stops is that you cannot make setup adjustments unless u ESC to pits and basically cheat cos that also removes aby damage your car may have.

If everything is pre-planned then all stops will ahve the same length again and it takes the whole fun out of the damn thing.

Only problem with the pit stops is that you cannot make setup adjustments unless u ESC to pits and basically cheat cos that also removes aby damage your car may have.
Thats why in most sims you can pre-plan your strategy, but still adjust during the race. With a manual pit stop you can easily gain or loose 5 seconds in a pit stop.

I said it before but I really like the basic system now.
Being able to do stuff only when you are parking is totally fine with me.
It adds a certain competetive aspect to it.
On the other hand of course we need more options available via the pit stop menu.

I said it before but I really like the basic system now.
Being able to do stuff only when you are parking is totally fine with me.
It adds a certain competetive aspect to it.
On the other hand of course we need more options available via the pit stop menu.
Thats a matter of taste for me is practicing pit entry as well as box positioning much more of real racing competition than selecting stuff in a menu in a few seconds. It is finding the exact point of braking for pit entry on used tires etc. which I find a lot more satisfying.

When you esc back to the pits, you lose the progress for the lap you're currently on. If you esc back before finishing lap x, you'll leave the pits still on lap x. You'll only progress to lap y the next time you cross the line. You can essentially lose a lap by esc back to the pits.

Yeah and who would want to do that?
= Nobody.
Ergo it's not really a big deal but if you enter the pits normall, the s/f line is early, you essentially are in the new lap, then ESC gets rid of your damage etc.
So that's why it's a bad system right now but the losing-a-lap thing is totally neglectable as nobody would do that anyway if you lose a lap.

Stop telling BS here if you do not actually know what you are talking about, please.
I'm telling this based on my experience with the game, trying to help others providing information.
I had a lap penalty when I was racing online in RD, I blew up my tyre in a crash, went to pits, made a full (and long) repair, but after I got out of the pits I realized I still had a wheel on the ground after that. So I hit back to the pits (crossed the line) And I was 1 lap down. So at least on spa I can confirm you get a 1 lap penalty. And it happens when I hit back to the pits in public online races too.
I don't know though, if you get this penalty on SP races.

Yeah and who would want to do that?
= Nobody.
Ergo it's not really a big deal but if you enter the pits normall, the s/f line is early, you essentially are in the new lap, then ESC gets rid of your damage etc.
So that's why it's a bad system right now but the losing-a-lap thing is totally neglectable as nobody would do that anyway if you lose a lap.
I'm not defending/bashing the current system. I only responded since your post was pretty salty for no reason. And as for nobody using it, if you get smashed off in t1, you're just going to quit rather then go to the pits, rejoin, and enjoy racing regardless? In a league you likely won't be allowed to esc to the pits and rejoin the race, but in a club race or especially a public lobby, it happens a lot.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years