What's still missing in AC?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Think we can all agree that we adore this sim but despite the fact the game has reached version 1.x it's far from completed.

Personally I don't understand why AC was labeled 1.0, with some very basic sim racing features missing compared to competing titles on the PC sim racing market, and not just kept early access until all work was done.

To just have an overview of what's still missing I'd like to hear your opinion in this discussion thread.

What's absolutely needed to call AC complete?

You barely can see anything in the AC video because of that stupid head movement.
There's no HEAD moving, I just turning wheel and it looks as the same as Colin McRae Rally game, I believe that's the reason why driving feels so weird and after project Cars this AC Physics issue it is even worse than before. I know you hope it is just visual effect but I got bad headache when warming F1 tyres...Kunos know the truth so let them speak now!!!

You can see that caster behavior effect on almost all sims, rFactor, iRacing, AC, but interesting at least I do not see it on PCars. Go figure

So go figure with this

mod-edit: you can post your videos here http://www.racedepartment.com/media/

Last edited by a moderator:
So go figure with this

What I need to figure about?

We were discussing the caster effect on the car movement. If that video has to do with that topic in particular, please let me know as I cannot see something evident related to it. If the video is to show something else, please let me know what is it about.

If you are trying to show an issue related to the collissions or off-road behavior, I think most of the sims do not get it right 100% . Particulary for me, I could not care that much on that aspect of the simulation. Probably some concern related to car vs car contact during races.

One thing that is definitely missing for me, is realistic race situations.. I have no idea why the car must sit on the grid in N and you can only select 1st gear after the lights go out, obviously this is a big immersion killer and very unrealistic.

Mildly connected to that, if you're running a hotlap and you go straight to the track you have to sit there for about 10 seconds before the game will let you select a gear, it will just sit in N until 10 seconds after the session, being in the pits counts too but you notice it a lot if you restart session often.

Otherwise I think it's missing good AI. Example is at Nordschleife, they run very fast laps but are slow through some sections while unusually fast through others, they go through the Karussell at blistering speed and if you're infront of them they will just spear you off the track halfway through it. What makes it worse when they decide to drive into you is that they don't try to slow down and avoid but instead they keep the pedal glued to the floor and keep driving until your car has eventually been pushed out of the way.

Another thing would be telemetry at Nordschleife, for some reason you don't get any there? The tyre temp app should be car specific and you should not have to scroll through to find an approximate choice every time you start a session.

Photo Mode, the screenshots should integrate with steams screenshot system.. I even tried dumping the files into the appropriate steam file and renaming them to the same format but could not get them to show.

There's no HEAD moving, I just turning wheel and it looks as the same as Colin McRae Rally game, I believe that's the reason why driving feels so weird and after project Cars this AC Physics issue it is even worse than before. I know you hope it is just visual effect but I got bad headache when warming F1 tyres...Kunos know the truth so let them speak now!!!

So go figure with this

So what about this, should this member post his videos also somewhere else where nobody can't see it LOL you guys this is something!!! You remove my messages and videos all the time but not others??? This is very nice way to say shut up...*swearing*...thanks! Post #226
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/lets-give-sms-a-little-credit-here.106287/page-12

Mod-edit; No swearing please, thank you

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 181 87.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 13.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 29 14.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 59 28.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 73 35.3%