What's still missing in AC?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Think we can all agree that we adore this sim but despite the fact the game has reached version 1.x it's far from completed.

Personally I don't understand why AC was labeled 1.0, with some very basic sim racing features missing compared to competing titles on the PC sim racing market, and not just kept early access until all work was done.

To just have an overview of what's still missing I'd like to hear your opinion in this discussion thread.

What's absolutely needed to call AC complete?

I would like more options to change from inside the car.
Just like you can change brake balance, i would like diff adjustment and engine modes.
Yes, that would be great. You can increase turbo boost, but normal engine maps are not implemented yet. I also would like to see onboard Diff adjustments and diffrent throttle maps for the rain would be brilliant as well :)

AC needs more tracks and cars for sure, (Sebring or Daytona, Suzuka, Macau, Bathurst, Adelaide, some of WTCC cars, or V8 aussie supercars, or some LMP1 or LMP2 cars) needs great AI, night/rain mode, and that is a whole lotta work by itself to be achieved. Other things need to be enhanced but at the moment more content and basic functionality (AI) is all it needs at the moment IMHO.

AC needs more tracks and cars for sure, (Sebring or Daytona, Suzuka, Macau, Bathurst, Adelaide, some of WTCC cars, or V8 aussie supercars, or some LMP1 or LMP2 cars) needs great AI, night/rain mode, and that is a whole lotta work by itself to be achieved. Other things need to be enhanced but at the moment more content and basic functionality (AI) is all it needs at the moment IMHO.
It seems that their Laser Scanner is broken, no more new Laser Scanned tracks since Nords...why don't they just copy all those already released tracks to make us happy? Is it because of money?

It seems that their Laser Scanner is broken, no more new Laser Scanned tracks since Nords...why don't they just copy all those already released tracks to make us happy? Is it because of money?

D*mbest post I have read in ages, sorry.
No clue why you keep posting random nonsense about Kunos in every post, mate.

Zandvoort is coming with the next free bonus pack, most likely along with patch v1.2.
Then I would expect around Xmas Barcelona (Catalunya) is probably part of the second DLC pack.
And now that they have scanend Brands I guess we can expect a 3rd DLC pack or perhaps another free bonus pack in late Winter or Spring of 2016.

They showed pictures of the laserscanning of Catalunya and Brands Hatch.
Brands Hatch: http://www.bsimracing.com/brands-hatch-for-assetto-corsa-licenced/
Catalunya: http://www.bsimracing.com/ac-laserscanning-the-circuit-de-barcelona-catalunya/

btw.. where is the dislike or disagree rating. I need one for kimmo's posts. I don't find it funny enough to put funny ratings.

Last edited:
I love how Kunos gives attention to old school tracks, Zandvoort, BHatch and Barcelona is exceptional update if they release it this year. But its time they switch attention to other circuits like Interlagos, Suzuka or Fuji, Sebring. If its too much of an undertaking to laser scan these circuits, they should try to bring at least night mode to AC.

I love how Kunos gives attention to old school tracks, Zandvoort, BHatch and Barcelona is exceptional update if they release it this year. But its time they switch attention to other circuits like Interlagos, Suzuka or Fuji, Sebring. If its too much of an undertaking to laser scan these circuits, they should try to bring at least night mode to AC.
Lol, they should try "at least"....
Do you really thinks that create night mode would be easier?
Personally I don't mind of night mode that would cost a huge effort in return of a marginal feature: 99% of the races are done during the day.
I'd prefer they concentrate on improving AI, MP and pitstops in order to have good (day :D) races.

Added: In the upcoming 1.2 update there will be improvements in the first two features above mentioned.

Last edited:
D*mbest post I have read in ages, sorry.
No clue why you keep posting random nonsense about Kunos in every post, mate.

Zandvoort is coming with the next free bonus pack, most likely along with patch v1.2.
Then I would expect around Xmas Barcelona (Catalunya) is probably part of the second DLC pack.
And now that they have scanend Brands I guess we can expect a 3rd DLC pack or perhaps another free bonus pack in late Winter or Spring of 2016.
And you the <mod-edit: removed foul language> ever seen what so ever never heard who cares...

Yeah it takes about 10 - 20 years maybe longer before this game is ready with all needed tracks so it keeps them busy, not bad idea to make more money. If those Laser Scanned tracks are positively different and much more realistic than tracks we already have in other sims so then it's worth but LS Nords excample didn't given anything new so I don't expect too much. But anyway good luck Kunos :)

It's very expensive also so hopelly they have enough money to create the worlds best simulator...looks promising because they have you and your money!

I like simracing but Kunos is not my favourite, Simbin is. Simbin is the Number 1

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought slightly mad were your favorite. Didn't you say last month pcars was the most real game. But before pcars was released, raceroom was the most real for you, like you used to say.

Nordschleife laserscanned didn't give you anything new? Then why is Simbin (Sector 3) laserscanning nordschleife? Didn't you hear the news? I hope you keep your consistency when simbin releases their laserscanned nordschleife, and say it doesn't make a difference, and they should ditch laserscanning data. Maybe you could make nordschleife for them, I love your dragstrip officially licensed, copyrighted, and laserscanned mod.

Lol, they should try "at least"....
Do you really thinks that create night mode would be easier?
Personally I don't mind of night mode that would cost a huge effort in return of a marginal feature: 99% of the races are done during the day.
I'd prefer they concentrate on improving AI, MP and pitstops in order to have good (day :D) races.

Added: In the upcoming 1.2 update there will be improvements in the first two features above mentioned.
Yes, 99% of the races are done during the day, around 14:00h, so following your logic why did Kunos ever bother to bring forth different times at which the races can be done at all? They should stick to the 14:00, and thats it. The key is to bring customers more choice and even more challenging racing experience. I'm not saying night racing is imperative and I certainly do not say that this feature would be easier, but I do think it would be a pretty cool feature to have and somewhat a compromise for lack of certain content. Improving AI, MP is something that they must improve if they wish the game remains at the top of sim racing simulators, but those are not pending features, they just need to be enhanced. Pitstops however would be a pretty nice update, would certainly mean a lot.

suzuka probably best track in the world, but it's never going to happen by all accounts.
kunos mentioned that they [owners of the track] charge an extortionate amount of money for it unfortunately.
that is a shame that there won't be a lazer-scanned suzuka.

And you the <mod-edit: removed foul language> ever seen what so ever never heard who cares...

Yeah it takes about 10 - 20 years maybe longer before this game is ready with all needed tracks so it keeps them busy, not bad idea to make more money. If those Laser Scanned tracks are positively different and much more realistic than tracks we already have in other sims so then it's worth but LS Nords excample didn't given anything new so I don't expect too much. But anyway good luck Kunos :)

It's very expensive also so hopelly they have enough money to create the worlds best simulator...looks promising because they have you and your money!

I like simracing but Kunos is not my favourite, Simbin is. Simbin is the Number 1
Isn't it slighty double standart to blame Kunos for releasing a game + 2-3 DLCs, but being a fan of SimBin with their 2032431+ games of R07?

Yes, 99% of the races are done during the day, around 14:00h, so following your logic why did Kunos ever bother to bring forth different times at which the races can be done at all? They should stick to the 14:00, and thats it. The key is to bring customers more choice and even more challenging racing experience. I'm not saying night racing is imperative and I certainly do not say that this feature would be easier, but I do think it would be a pretty cool feature to have and somewhat a compromise for lack of certain content. Improving AI, MP is something that they must improve if they wish the game remains at the top of sim racing simulators, but those are not pending features, they just need to be enhanced. Pitstops however would be a pretty nice update, would certainly mean a lot.
Generally F1 starts at 14.00, but there are other categories that start also in the morning.
Moreover, many teams do practice from dawn to dusk.

I thought slightly mad were your favorite. Didn't you say last month pcars was the most real game. But before pcars was released, raceroom was the most real for you, like you used to say.

Nordschleife laserscanned didn't give you anything new? Then why is Simbin (Sector 3) laserscanning nordschleife? Didn't you hear the news? I hope you keep your consistency when simbin releases their laserscanned nordschleife, and say it doesn't make a difference, and they should ditch laserscanning data. Maybe you could make nordschleife for them, I love your dragstrip officially licensed, copyrighted, and laserscanned mod.
You're a little bitter when all do not like the Assetto Corsa as the best simulator, right?

In addition, it seems that you live in this forum because you are always the first to answer / comment on my posts, are you here all the time 24/7???. Have you been hired to guard the Asetto Corsa?

You're a little bitter when all do not like the Assetto Corsa as the best simulator, right?

In addition, it seems that you live in this forum because you are always the first to answer / comment on my posts, are you here all the time 24/7???. Have you been hired to guard the Asetto Corsa?
No, you're actually bitter that many people like AC. That's why you keep coming weekly to this forum saying bad and negative stuff about AC and Kunos, while every time praising other games. Because you're bitter. Someone who doesn't like a game, won't even bother checking up the news for that game, won't "participate" in discussions. But here you are, spreading your bitterness :)

Generally F1 starts at 14.00, but there are other categories that start also in the morning.
Moreover, many teams do practice from dawn to dusk.

Exactly my point, because there are some categories that do racing at night. Its cool we have morning/dusk option so far, but considering that night racing would add more thrill and I believe more fun to the AC experience, I think it would be an exceptional feature to have.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.