rF2 WEC Special Event @ Le Mans - Saturday 30th May 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
My car for tomorrow, could use some more detailing but I just don't have the time.
10f9kw4.jpg

i'm sorry but i will have to sign out of this race :(
i'm having my final exams at college and i'm a bit more delayed in my study than i thougght i would, so i will need the time of the race to study, sorry about that and the short notice, i tried my best to take part :(
Have fun guys :thumbsup:

Important Note:

We are going to do a standing start. Rolling start didn't work well during the Classics at Lemans.

Take it easy at the start. I recommend to hold your positions in single file until the long strait.
It's a club race and not a league: Get familiar with the car/track and endurance distance is more important.

Recon lap stays: Drive from your pit box to your grid position. Read the first post.

Rejoin is enabled: If you rejoin the race you might be invisible for a lap. Watch your mirrors during your out lap.

GTE drivers hold your racing line. If you get a blue flag you don't have to move over. Faster driver have to find a way around you.

In last sentence, I think you meant when faster class car come behind you, but if you are caught from a car same class for a lap and you get blue flag, you have to let him pass you as it is in "normal" races.

In last sentence, I think you meant when faster class car come behind you, but if you are caught from a car same class for a lap and you get blue flag, you have to let him pass you as it is in "normal" races.

Club rules: ;)

Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then assist by easing off of the throttle.

Ease off the throttle only when the cars is next to you. Not behind you. :whistling:

So I could be two laps behind somebody because some accident and when he catches me (he is, lets say, in lap 10 and I am in 8th lap of the race), I can race him until he comes next to me and only after that momemt I have to let him pass me? Strange, but rules are rules :thumbsup:.

in multiclass racing , the general rule is the slower class car sticks to racing line , the faster class car ( same lap or lap ahead) drives around the slower car....

This track keep on crashing my game :(.
I`ve tried everything from low settings to everything on full, 64 and 32 version, with or without plugins ... I don´t know what else to do, because game freezes after about an hour of driving (right now at the end of 90 litres of fuel stint). I get even an error for the first time about some helmet blabla and it is the reason why gMotor2 has stopped. I don´t know what could be, GPU is even cooler when runs rF2 than PC or AC, so that is not the reason.

Rather sign me out, please and sorry in one breath, because I don´t want to be a reason for some stupidity on the track. I am not happy at all, because I know, you will have fun in LeMans, girl and guys :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 130869

Will realroad be reset to light for qualify? Looks like there's quite a bit of marble build up.

I enjoyed my first taste of the LMP1 - thanks to @April Dillon and @Steven Andrew for their help. I wasn't as far off the pace as I thought I'd be, but still had one too many spins as my concentration went. When I pitted, it took nearly 2 minutes - is there an option to turn damage repairs off as there is in other mods, as I couldn't find one? (I didn't know that I had any damage!) The bug that caused my game to crash a couple of times in practice reappeared-with the game freezing for a couple of seconds before shutting down. Sorry that I was unable to complete the race - enjoyed it whilst I was there!

• Deleted member 130869

Quite a few issues for some of us before the race. Steve lost all gearing info, I couldn't find my car when I was rejoining the server and when I did, had the same gearing issue. Eventually got it back after leaving the game and redoing the car's folders.

I enjoyed my first taste of the LMP1 - thanks to @April Dillon and @Steven Andrew for their help. I wasn't as far off the pace as I thought I'd be, but still had one too many spins as my concentration went. When I pitted, it took nearly 2 minutes - is there an option to turn damage repairs off as there is in other mods, as I couldn't find one? (I didn't know that I had any damage!) The bug that caused my game to crash a couple of times in practice reappeared-with the game freezing for a couple of seconds before shutting down. Sorry that I was unable to complete the race - enjoyed it whilst I was there!

It is the very last option in the HUD. Quite annoying, I know...

Anyway, congrats to the four of us who finished (nine started)! Visibility was atrocious in the last 10 minutes, wow. I wish I could have put up a proper fight with Pedro but it wasn't to be. I was going with hard tires for the race planning on 3 stops but only 1 to change tires, without having run hards before so a bit of a gamble.

In the first 10 laps things were good, I had passed for p2 and was gaping well with Pedro ahead, comfortably running 3:18.5s to 3:19s and with a huge margin to p3, but on lap 10 I completely forgot about T1, went head on and lost 1 minute and 50 seconds. I had to change tires but soon after getting caught up by a GT, I lost temperature on the tire, had to put my car in a bad part and being forced on the marble I spun at high speed and flatspotted badly.

I ran for another 9 laps and pitted for tires again, losing another 53s. There were a couple of other events costing a couple of dozen of seconds but it's endurance racing. Anyway, managed to recover a bit and finished 2 minutes behind p1 without seeing a darn thing on the track :p.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back