rF2 WEC Special Event @ Le Mans - Saturday 30th May 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Thanks to all that raced today and congratulations to the ones that managed to finish. :thumbsup:

Although my race was being alone for 2.4 hours i still had a lot of fun keeping a consistent pace and remaining focused on the task at hand. Only made three big mistakes that didn't cause any damage.:cool:

The last five laps had to save fuel and at the same time avoid being caught by the car behind. Those last minutes were a bit more intense than expected but managed to finish before the fuel was gone. :ninja:

2.4 hours seems to be a long time to race but I was surprised how fast the time gone by.

My qualy lap felt very good and with a time of 3:57 min I was leading the GT pack. The plan was to stop two times with full service but one lap after the first pitstop I missed the first chicane on the long straight and got a big damage on the front left suspension. After I trailed myself back to the pit, still in frist position, my pitcrew did a tremendous job by repairing the car just in two and a half minutes :thumbsup:
Back on track in second position and with softest tires for the rest of this stint I pushed as hard as I could to close the gap to the GT leading driver Joao. The gap got closer and closer but Joao drove lap by lap very constantly. At the end there was only 20 sec between me and Joao but on the last laps he slowed down knowing the end is near.

Good race by all drivers and grats to the finishers. Hopefully next time we see some more people on track. Such a combination has so much potential.

Now I have to watch in my 100MB motec generated file during the race to do some more improvements :) .... not

PS: I have two suggestions gettting a better immersion for this type of race.
1: This race went from 9am to 9pm. It would be better to start at about 3pm like in real with x10 time to end exactly 24h later.
2: On this race we had nearly the same temperature over the whole time. So in the middle of the race when its night the temperature should go down by about 10 degrees. Interesting how the tires reacting.

Last edited:
Congrats you guys who finished :) It was a tough race. I wish I'd made it to the end, the difficult visibility at the end sounds especially fun. But my car got launched by the first apex curb in the Porsche Curves, and that was race over. :( Frustrating as I always get so hyped for these 2.4 hour races. Oh well. Next time. :D

• Deleted member 130869

Congrats you guys who finished :) It was a tough race. I wish I'd made it to the end, the difficult visibility at the end sounds especially fun. But my car got launched by the first apex curb in the Porsche Curves, and that was race over. :( Frustrating as I always get so hyped for these 2.4 hour races. Oh well. Next time. :D

On lap 10 I almost pulled a Mark Webber due to no front-end at the end of Mulsanne :p. No front end gave me an extra 15 km/h hahahaha. I had a very scary off at that corner but luckily no lift-off, shame you didn't survive :(. I thought my race was over but being almost 2.5 hours, that 2.5 minutes I lost in addition to everything were ok.

The visibility wasn't fun at all, haha. It was an issue with track and car lighting, especially the bad headlights in the cars that were worthless especially for that musky transition. I don't think rF2 can handle the in-between hours yet, hopefully in a future build soon.

I think our virtual eyes adjust badly to the light levels in dusk hours in rF2, as it was the same at Nurburgring.

I'm kinda frustrated with myself that I didn't finish. Especially as I didn't know that curb could launch my car like that, though it wasn't quite Mark Webber style in my case. I just ended up on my 2 left wheels basically, and that put me on a completely new radius that lead me to the wall. :p Using only half your wheels is bad for grip, who'd have guessed?

Oh well, next time. :) Hopefully the next time we do a race like this it'll have more people. :D

I remember a while back on one of the new builds the cars need to have set the power of the headlights, the ARX's were so weak I couldn't even tell they were on.

PS: If someone recorded the replay of the race please upload it.

• Deleted member 130869

From internal testing, it is beyond a headlight issue. The way the lighting works at dusk and dawn hours sort of cancels out the headlights.

@Pedro Gomes
@Steven Andrew
@Gui Cramer

I've noticed you used a virtual ride. Which OK to do. But keep in mind you can only name 1 car with your name. For example: If you give a Honda BTCC the same driver name, only 1 virtual ride will show up in your car list.

If you want to make another virtual ride for another car, you need to choose another "driver name". Actually "driver name" is confusing, because "Car Name" would be more apropiate.
For example: "11 Rothmans ARX". So i can use the Rothmans skin next time too. ;)

If it's a personal car and If you have read the skinning tutorial i recommend to name the car: "XX your name". But choose a different XX number for a different car.

Important Note:

We are going to do a standing start. Rolling start didn't work well during the Classics at Lemans.
Thanks for sorting this, and informing the drivers. I didn't get a chance to check RD before I left home on Saturday - I was away in the afternoon and evening, hence why I couldn't take part in the race. Absolutely gutted, but I hope all you guys had fun! :D

• Deleted member 130869

@Pedro Gomes
@Steven Andrew
@Gui Cramer

I've noticed you used a virtual ride. Which OK to do. But keep in mind you can only name 1 car with your name. For example: If you give a Honda BTCC the same driver name, only 1 virtual ride will show up in your car list.

If you want to make another virtual ride for another car, you need to choose another "driver name". Actually "driver name" is confusing, because "Car Name" would be more apropiate.
For example: "11 Rothmans ARX". So i can use the Rothmans skin next time too. ;)

If it's a personal car and If you have read the skinning tutorial i recommend to name the car: "XX your name". But choose a different XX number for a different car.

Little late reply :p but........

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhq-lmps-acura-arx-and-porsche-919-skins.5530/

All of the stuff I use is in .mas files like the liveries I uploaded here with virtual teams.

All of the stuff I use is in .mas files like the liveries I uploaded here with virtual teams.

Great. :thumbsup: (I'm downloading) But keep in mind that the "driver name" has to be unique.

I saw a few skin packs, but those are "update packages". Those needed to be uninstalled if you want to go online on a server that don't use the skins and the update package needs to be repacked if a new version is released (on the ISI forum: Megane skin pack and DW12 2014 skin pack).

Advantages of the virtual ride.
- These are independent from version numbers.
- You don't need them to be installed to go online. Or cause mismatches with packages.
- Easy to add another car without repacking stuff.
- AI talents are adjustable to your liking.
- You can simple delete the ugly skins. :roflmao: :thumbsup:
- transferable with the in-game custom skin sharing.

I've only 1 question remained unanswered: "Driver swaps". I don't think it works with a virtual ride.
It would be great if it did. :) But to be tested.

• Deleted member 130869

There are a couple of issues from the game where the MAS2.exe doesn't reliably build something that always works, that's the problem :(. I got my hands on an updated version (still internal) and am looking forward to even more progress by the guys! I will re-release my work and add a couple more things :).

ps: You had already rated it so you might already have it :p

• Deleted member 130869

During yesterday's race practice i nearly got a 3:15 but I kept crashing, finally got a 3:14.4 :)

Hmmm, what did you change on your car to be able to pull that off? Congrats :D.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back