AC WEC Multiclass @ Spa OSRW - Sat 17Feb18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Just a personal recommendation, I'd like to give other LMP and GTE drivers. Please do not try to overtake a GTE car in Eau Rouge. I know both classes can take it flat but while the LMPs do it easily, its a bit more on the edge with the GTEs.
Also, take caution in Les Combes (right, left, right after the long straight after Eau Rouge), Pouhon (fast double left hander), Stavelot 2 (fast right hander leading to the fast section before the bus stop chicane). The small speed difference and grip limits make these sections risky places to overtake.

I know that the LMPs can brake much later than the GTEs in the bus stop chicane (final chicane), La source (turn 1) and Bruxelles (downhill right hander after Les Combes). These sections are what I'd recommend for other LMPs to overtake GTE cars. I would also urge GTE drivers to be predictable in their track positioning and watch their mirrors carefully going into these sections. We can all race safely if we're just considerate of one another, being patient and aware of slower/faster traffic. Remember Assetto Corsa's wonky collision detection system so it's better to hang back behind a GTE car and pass on a straight than it is to dive down the inside and play Russian roulette with the barrier

Just a personal recommendation, I'd like to give other LMP and GTE drivers. Please do not try to overtake a GTE car in Eau Rouge. I know both classes can take it flat but while the LMPs do it easily, its a bit more on the edge with the GTEs.
Also, take caution in Les Combes (right, left, right after the long straight after Eau Rouge), Pouhon (fast double left hander), Stavelot 2 (fast right hander leading to the fast section before the bus stop chicane). The small speed difference and grip limits make these sections risky places to overtake.
I'd add just one thing for the GTE drivers. There will be cases where the lmp1 driver will still attempt an overtake in those places because technically, there is the space to do it in some situations. It would be wise for the GTE to brake just a little earlier and facilitate the overtake to not go 2wide inside the corner, especially in corners that have only one line.

I would also urge GTE drivers to be predictable in their track positioning and watch their mirrors carefully going into these sections.
Well said, but to add on this: GTE drivers, remain on the racing line, do not move off of it as to remain predictable. The overtaking driver should ensure that they get through cleanly and in a decent location, it is not up to the GTE driver to move out of the way.

I know that the LMPs can brake much later than the GTEs in the bus stop chicane (final chicane), La source (turn 1) and Bruxelles (downhill right hander after Les Combes). These sections are what I'd recommend for other LMPs to overtake GTE cars. I would also urge GTE drivers to be predictable in their track positioning and watch their mirrors carefully going into these sections. We can all race safely if we're just considerate of one another, being patient and aware of slower/faster traffic. Remember Assetto Corsa's wonky collision detection system so it's better to hang back behind a GTE car and pass on a straight than it is to dive down the inside and play Russian roulette with the barrier
When
The Ambassador.png

speaks.......people listen. Thank you Leprekaun ;)

These were some basic instructions that I've given in the WEC races back in day:
  1. To all the GT drivers: under blue flags be predictable and keep always your racing line. Let the LMP1 driver to make the move. On straights do not deliberately lift off or move away from racing line, it's just necessary to leave enough road clearance on one side. If the LMP1 car is approaching near a braking zone, keep your line and ease the manoeuvre leaving the inside at corner entry.
  2. To all the LMP1 drivers: drive carefully and don't be aggressive when you're approaching a GT car, the difference in speed between the 2 class is huge and the relative distancecloses very rapidly, this means that it's quite easy to misgudge the car-to-car position and cause a collision.

Oh that's a good one. Think I've found my new avatar:D
@Eugene Abramoff and @RasmusP check the Ambassador out:cool: He's joining the AC staff just on his sense of timing and pictures alone;)
Grab him before he realizes what has transpired here and tries to run away :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Bobby, what you have done here is broken the physics of time and space continuum. You've set up a trap where someone already took a step, because trap wasn't there, yet he stepped right in it.
tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

I'm kidding @Leprekaun :D

Done a bit of practice tonight, trying to remember the setup tips from Monday. Should have made notes!

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Definitely got the car more stable, tyres not holding heat when on the straights. That expected in a GT?

Will keep tweaking tomorrow, worried I might be off the pace. We shall see.

Done a bit of practice tonight, trying to remember the setup tips from Monday. Should have made notes!

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Definitely got the car more stable, tyres not holding heat when on the straights. That expected in a GT?

Will keep tweaking tomorrow, worried I might be off the pace. We shall see.
Yep, blue tires are the norm if you have the psi correct. Oh sure it may turn green on the left, but like I said the other night "You can chase the green tire blocks or green psi numbers or you can compromise". Main thing in this race is to make sure your psi numbers don't turn yellow, orange or red. If they do, you will be prematurely wearing your tires out.

I can jump on ts and the practice server with you for a few if you want.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.