AC WEC Multiclass @ Spa OSRW - Sat 17Feb18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Multi Class.jpg

Welcome US and EU Drivers to the Ardennes for a Multi Class endurance event on one of the worlds most iconic tracks........Spa Francorchamps. We will be taking the LMP's and GT2/E's around this legendary circuit. Ready to battle Eau Rouge, challenge the off camber entry of Pouhon and blast through Blanchimont? There will be a Mandatory Pitstop between 10 and 80 minutes. The field will be limited to 30 drivers. Please see 2nd post for drivers brief.

All premium members using their full Real Name in the forum, race servers and teamspeak can sign up for this event and we have unlimited slots available so make sure to bring a friend. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Join us
Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here (TEAMSPEAK IS MANDATORY)
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)
Racing Club Rules: click here
Incident Reporting: click here

Server Name:

• RACEDEPARTMENT.COM US WEC #30
Cars: Drivers, see 2nd post in this thread.

LMP
GT2/E
Track: Spa Franchorchamps (7004m) (40) Make sure to get the 40 grid slot Mod (download here)
Fixed Setup:
No
Pitstop: Mandatory Pit Window 10-80 minutes
Driving Assists: Factory ABS, Factory TC, Tire blankets
Jump Start: = Drive Through
Highly Recommended App: Helicorsa 0.7b Download

Schedule (US): Saturday 17Feb18
Practice:
15:00 EST (30 mins)
Qualifying: 15:35 EST (40 mins)
Race: 16:15 EST (90 mins)

Schedule (EU / AU timezones):
Practice: Saturday | 20:00 GMT | Sunday | 07:00 AEDT
Qualifying: Saturday | 20:35 GMT | Sunday | 07:35 AEDT
Race: Saturday | 21:15 GMT | Sunday | 08:15 AEDT

Entry List
LMP

1. Daniel.13 - Porsche
  2. Geof - Toyota
  3. JoelK - Porsche
  4. Leprekaun - Toyota
  5. HO7DOG - Porsche
  6. Murat Erdogdu - Porsche
  7. Anders Jensen - Porsche
  8. Lucas Gerlach - Toyota
  9. Jonas Hillert - Audi
  10. Matt Le Gallez - Toyota
  11. Glaurung - Porsche
  12. erosshd - Audi
  13. Chark - Toyota
  14. Fernando Deutsch - Audi
  15. Aksu - Porsche
  16. Mustafa Gungor - Porsche
  17. Darien Bailey - Porsche
  18. gcruceru - Toyota
GT2/E
  1. Bobby Pennington ask me anything in teamspeak - Vette
  2. Brewer - Porsche
  3. ionONE1 - Porsche
  4. Buster - Porsche
  5. Paul Glover - Ferrari
  6. KODIAK - Vette
  7. Lum - Vette
  8. CptAsian - Porsche
  9. Maciej Strzeboński - Vette
  10. Shawn Jacobs - Vette
  11. Trebucht - Vette
  12. Santosjoao - Porsche 911 RSR
Reserve's please stay off the server when official practice starts Staff will let you know on teamspeak when and if you can enter the server. You may not get the car of your choice if sign outs are late and the race server is set.

Reserve List
  1. Beikirch - Either class
  2. Dennis Phelan - Either class
  3. Jriv012 - Porsche 911 RSR
  4. Manos Papangleou - LMP
UTP # 154 BP

Last edited:
BoP Update 14Feb18

RaceDepartment.com US WEC Practice #38 is up and running.

Weather and BoP conditions for offline practice:
  • Temp: 20C
  • Time of day: 11:00 a.m. Mid Clear
  • Wind: 3 - 14 KPH Direction: 220 Variation: 20
LMP BoP:
  • Audi R18 E-TRON QUATTRO 0 kg ballast / 0 Restrictor
  • Porshe 919 Hybrid 2015 45 kg ballast / 45 Restrictor
  • Toyota TS040 Hybrid 0 kg ballast / 0 Restrictor
GT2/E BoP:
  • BMW nothing
  • Corvette 25kg
  • Ferrari 15kg
  • Porsche 35kg / 10% Restrictor
Drivers, since this is a Multi Manufacturer Multi Class event, please have your car choice in by 17:00 EST | 22:00 GMT Friday 16 February to guarantee your car selection so we can finalize the practice server for Saturday morning and the race server for later that day. Late signup's get what's left on a first come first served basis. Thank you for understanding.

If you sign up, show up or sign out no later than 1 hour before Official Practice starts. Failure to do so will prohibit you from participating in the next Multi Class event. Thank you for understanding.

There will be a drivers meeting after official practice to make sure we're all on the same page.

There will be BoP. I will post the settings here and in the race thread as soon as I finalize them. Then I'll put the practice server up. I hope to have this done by Tuesday at the latest.

Our first MC event went off very well thanks to the drivers working together and has set us up for many more of these events. We may be getting some live streaming from Joseph Wright from time to time so let's show the public how it's done. We're trying to avoid small grids because of the popularity.

Qualifying will be expanded to 40 minutes. This gives a little more time for each class and we can take a break while the other class is on track. Don't be late returning. Race will go off on time whether your in your car or not. That goes for me too:thumbsup: The format remains the same:
GT2/E Cars
have the track for the first 20 minutes. All GT2 cars should be off the track at the 20 minute mark. Just pull into the runoff area by turn 1 aka La Source and hit ESC to get back to your pit box.

LMP Cars start rolling out of their pit box when the clock hits 20:00.

LMP Drivers: Please make sure to have your headlights on so it's easy for the GT2 drivers to identify you. Please take care and patience when and where you pass especially if two GT2 cars are fighting for position. They will allow you to pass asap. NO RAGE QUITTING. If you do, you will not be allowed to participate in the next Multi Class event.
GT2/E Drivers: Please take care to not have your headlights on. Only the LMP cars should have them on so they can be easily identified in our mirrors. The LMP cars are much faster, so please do not try and race them to prolong the inevitable pass that they WILL make. Just hold your line and speed.
You must obey BLUE FLAGS. Those of us in this class will be lapped, I'm sure, by the LMP cars and probably more than once.
If you're battling for position with another GT2 car, it is the LMP cars responsibility to make the pass in a safe way and your responsibility to give them adequate room when they do. Just hold your racing line. They have the power and grip to just fly by. NO RAGE QUITTING. If you do, you will not be allowed to participate in the next Multi Class event.
A message to all Drivers
If you run off track, you have to check and see that its clear before you re-enter the track. Do not just keep the gas pinned and pull back on track.
When entering the track from the pits stay off the racing line until you are up to speed and do not race on your out lap. Let other drivers by in qualifying.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car. Remember, you've made the mistake by going off so let them by cleanly.
Golden Rule
  1. Be 100% sure it's not your fault and just carry on like nothing happened and take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Play on the safe side and wait for the affected drivers, knowing 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a complete lift of the gas please if it is safe to do so.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in teamspeak. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

Last edited:
Wow, awesome, gorgeous.. :notworthy:
Sign me in, pls, with LMP1.
Thx!
Good to see you back ;)
I'm in with the LMP1 as well
EDIT: @Bobby Pennington Wouldn't it be better if the lmp1s qualify first? Being the fastest, they would not create a problem if they had to finish their lap while the gt cars join the track to do their outlap.
EDIT 2: @RasmusP @RainhamIron @Neilski c'mon guys, you know what you have to do

Last edited:
I vil drive the very efficient Deutsche machine von Stuttgart. Ze schneller one. Preferably, in ze nummer #17 as shown below
435476a7-2cff-41d0-88b8-108c71666ef1_teaser_720x406x2.jpg

Vil we see my Deutsche compatriot Heinz-Harald Heidenbeckermeister@Dirk Steffen ? :D

Edit: BP changed to Toyota

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @Bobby Pennington, could you please sign me up with a Porsche 911 RSR 2017?

Hi, sign me up Porsche 911 RSR.
Was watching the live stream earlier and noticed some drivers not braking when entering the pits, what is the official ruling on this issue?

In the ACRL a mandatory app is used that displays the pit entry speed and I believe infractions of speed limits can somehow be reported / checked / punished.

During RD club racing events this additional layer of rules and enforcement would mean a further workload for the admins, more point of discussion and arguments among the attendees :-(

I don't like the way it is done by Kunos myself (there is actually ONE THING Project Cars got VERY right) but I think letting everyone do what ever they please about the pit entry speed is the best compromise in club races (fun + ease of use > realism + correct rule book behavior).
Cranking up the damage would help ruling out extreme pit entries with wall riding.

Ok, with single player race weekend event, i 've tried this with 30 cars. it was ok, no cpu problem. Then i tried with 35 cars, there was the cpu occupancy problem again. What do you suggest? Does the 30 player multiplayer event force my pc more than the single player event? If you think there won't be a problem i want to join the race with Porsche 919 Hybrid.
I am asking because i want a fluent race and i don't want to flicker and surprise people again as in the yesterday's race :)

Ok, with single player race weekend event, i 've tried this with 30 cars. it was ok, no cpu problem. Then i tried with 35 cars, there was the cpu occupancy problem again. What do you suggest? Does the 30 player multiplayer event force my pc more than the single player event? If you think there won't be a problem i want to join the race with Porsche 919 Hybrid.
I am asking because i want a fluent race and i don't want to flicker and surprise people again as in the yesterday's race :)
If I've understood correctly how it works, it should be the other way around 'cause of your pc having to calculate the physics of the AI cars, which it doesn't have to do online.

Prior to the Group C race today with 36 cars on the grid I did an offline test with 35 AI opponents.
My FPS performance suffered substantially (down from consistent 65+ FPS with all graphics options cranked up to ~ 35 FPS with some graphics turned down to medium and smoke set to off).

The performance issue was strange as both GPUs were only half utilized and my CPU never went above 30% utilization - I chalked it up at Assetto Corsa engine limitation not being able to utilize GPUs and CPU cores efficiently when running 35 AI cars.

In the actual online race though (0 AI but 35 human racers + myself) I had absolutely no performance issues whatsoever (I ran with smoke turned off as a precaution though and had track and shadow detail both turned to medium instead of the usual ultra).

verdict:
offline testing will not tell you much if large fields are an issue with your computer - only a true test with full grid of human online opponents will make a meaningful benchmark.

I found another issue though with large fields in the Group C event:
It can happen that due to those ~10 more connections there will be connection issues leading to bad ping and potential warping.

At the start of the race with many people in tight packs and some off tracks happening my ping times spiked from the usual sub 300 ms (where I never had any issues with door to door, tight RD club racing) to over 900 ms (!!!).
The moment the field spread a bit more again the ping time spike immediately disappeared and went back to sub 300 ms ping times and everything went smooth from there connection wise.

I think for those limitations it is not wise to run important events with those extra large fields.
It just invites issues for some people that otherwise never appear.

I hope large grids could just be slightly reduced (say 30-32 cars max) and it could be observed if this runs more stable with less people having issues.
If from those 30-32 racers actually ALL would stay and finish and NOT quit as some still often do we would actually have larger fields to race over all than starting with those cumbersome immense fields of 36+

In todays Group C event 10 people actually did not finish the race - LOSERS!
Several people who had a horrible event happening to them in the race (see Jeremy, crashing to the end of the grid or Murat, qualifying 16 and having to roll up from the back or myself having a bad qualifying only 19th, was pushed off track a few times and also had to roll up from the back stayed and raced until the end).

I hate when people just quit because they don't get their sugar and cream served at the right temperature with a foot massage and cold drinks during the race. F…g grit it out, grow up and make the best of it!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back