AC WEC Multiclass @ Spa OSRW - Sat 17Feb18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I am very sorry Jeremy for the hit on the exit of Eau Rouge. :(

A Toyota passed me before the turn and was chasing him but for some reason either he slow down or I catched to fast and could not brake straight. Very sorry again.

@Aksu, we had a manly first part of racing, but fair in my pov, I hope it was the case for you too. :ninja: Thx for wainting in the 2 lap! :thumbsup:

@Daniel.13, sorry for spinning you in Pouhon on the last lap... Lack of perspicacity... :whistling:
Glad you didn't lost your second position on that move. Nive race btw.

Thx to GTE/2 classfor making room!
Thx everybody for this nice event!
Special thx to the Staff, who allowing all of us to enjoy our races!
See you next...

Just FYI for staff, I came in as reserve at 15:00 EST, practice was to start 15:00 and Q 30 min later, but it was said Q was on and it was too late for joining, which I understand, would not try to mess with connectivity of drivers logged in during Q.

But I believe announced times were not met; it will be until a next time. thks.
Umm, no official practice started promptly at 15:00EST. Quali started a little after 15:30EST. If someone joins at the start of Quali it's ok, but I do not allow someone to join these Special events halfway through Quali because:
  1. It causes a screen stutter for those of us that are in there putting in our Qulai laps and I don't want any of my drivers to have to deal with that. I've seen it mess up a guys PB and that sucks.
  2. Some of us aren't good enough to jump into a Multi Class Event cold turkey and be on the pace and safe. While I'm speaking of no one in particular than myself, I do have to speak up for the club.
By your own words, I see that you understand this and I really appreciate it:thumbsup: I just took this opportunity to let everyone in this thread know my thoughts about it. I really hope you can join us next time;)

Apologies @Bobby Pennington , it is either stupidity or early Alzheimer on my part, I am Pacific time, I showed up at 1600 EST thinking it was a 1pm PT start. My bad :thumbsdown:
Thanks for the apologies, but it's no problem. I just wanted to make sure to let you know that we try to stick to the schedule as close as we can. I don't like it when someone has to miss something they wanted to take part in. You're always welcome. These guys are a blast and you'll enjoy it. Have a good one.

I would like to see the replay that Geof provided :) but I am not able to open the file!?, I also had a touch, and I would like to see where and how ...
I apologize to everyone for not being able to enter the race on time and if I made any mistakes to anyone.

Nice race, thanks guys and particularly @Bobby Pennington and @Brewer for the great organization.
Had a nice fight with some position changes with @Daniel.13 in the first stint and just after my second pit.
Nice driving from the GT drivers as well, very disciplined during blue flags. :thumbsup:

Yes thank you for the great racing! It was interesting to see the different boost strategies in action. I would have liked to carry on the battle further but by the end there you were doing some insanely fast laps that I could not compete with :p.

@Aksu, we had a manly first part of racing, but fair in my pov, I hope it was the case for you too. :ninja: Thx for wainting in the 2 lap! :thumbsup:

@Daniel.13, sorry for spinning you in Pouhon on the last lap... Lack of perspicacity... :whistling:
Glad you didn't lost your second position on that move. Nive race btw.

Thx to GTE/2 classfor making room!
Thx everybody for this nice event!
Special thx to the Staff, who allowing all of us to enjoy our races!
See you next...

The spin was no more than a racing incident, there is nothing to worry about! I think it was mainly down to the different strategies to be honest, my tyres we shredded by that point so I was braking early to make the corners safely. It was some good battling and I look forward to it again :cool:.

Thank you @Bobby Pennington and @Brewer for another great evenings racing. Look forward to the next one :thumbsup:.

I would like to see the replay that Geof provided :) but I am not able to open the file!?, I also had a touch, and I would like to see where and how ...
I apologize to everyone for not being able to enter the race on time and if I made any mistakes to anyone.

The file I shared is the replay generate by AC.
You need to put it alongside your own replay (C:\Users\*******\Documents\Assetto Corsa\replay).
And then read it with AC normal replay. ;)
Cheers.

What should I say about this... I'm still ill, so you can understand that the event was a little exhausting for me. But I didn't want to miss it. I was pretty happy with my Q-lap and my general pace during practice. As usual, being punted in the first corner shatters my mood for the rest of the race. I punted Paul on Radillon when he smashed the brakes because of the incident there. I slowed a little but didn't quite expected the full braking. From there it was difficult. My concentration wasn't the best and I kept making mistakes, like spinning just after Paul let me pass him in Les Combes a couple of laps later, or the two time a span in the frakking chicane for no reason whatsoever. I had nonetheless a couple of good fights with Maciej and Craig I believe. Maciej span me in the Bus Stop while coming back to the track. He probably miscalculated my line or something. I tried to stay out of the way for the LMPs, sometimes even way out of the way (that costed me a position in the end, but well, nothing important). Just that one time driving down Bruxelles I made a mistake, I let pass a fastboi in the inside, looked at my line for a milisecond and smashed my right door agains another LMP. I really didn't realized that he were there, and then was too late. Sorry mate, whoever it was.

Gigantic thanks to Bobby and the rest of the staff for organizing. You're the best!

PD: I seriously recommend putting "push-to-talk" as a mandatory way to use TS. Voice activation generate situations like during qualy. Really really annoying!

PD2: Like someone else in this topic, I also observed a lot of "way out of track limits but no self penalty (slow down) whatsoever" out there. Moreover, I think people don't slow down one bit when they hit a fellow driver (wasn't the case with Maciej, he was nice enough to wait for me). These still are Club Races, and the same rules apply, no matter we're not driving a Toyota GT86 or a MX-5 Cup!

Good luck all - sad that I can't join you. Next WEC / multiclass (according to the schedule) will be weekend before Sebring 12hr :whistling::whistling::thumbsup:
finally i dont have time to get in the race so better i give my car to another one, enjoy!
Sorry guys but I have to sign out in the last minute
Guys, I really appreciate you signing out, but can you do me a favor and sign out at least 1 hour before official practice. @AJ McDaddy I believe you did and @erosshd you were close. @Jonas Hillert I know you signed out during practice. I understand emergencies arising and sometimes it can't be helped. In cases like that, just let me know it was an emergency and all is good. We had 2 open spots that guys wanted to and would have filled. Thanks for understanding guys. I really appreciate it.

I would like to give special thanks to @Leprekaun @JoelK and @Glaurung for their tireless work, dedication and effort to pull off the BoP for the LMP cars. They spent 5 days and 5 pages of PM's back and forth to get these numbers as close as possible for Spa.

In the future, we may look at only running the Toyota and Audi together and then the next event have only the Porsche 919 Hybrid 2016 available.This is a decision I have reached on my own because I am the Overlord and I don't want anyone working this hard on something that is supposed to be fun. I appreciate all of you understanding. Till next time;)

Guys, I really appreciate you signing out, but can you do me a favor and sign out at least 1 hour before official practice. @AJ McDaddy I believe you did and @erosshd you were close. @Jonas Hillert I know you signed out during practice. I understand emergencies arising and sometimes it can't be helped. In cases like that, just let me know it was an emergency and all is good. We had 2 open spots that guys wanted to and would have filled. Thanks for understanding guys. I really appreciate it.
Hi Bobby, I wasn't actually signed up for this race :laugh: I was just wishing everyone good luck :thumbsup:

Here's another thing we need to cover. If you are warping, I will have to ask you to leave the race. It's not fair to the other drivers that have a stable connection. I want you all to race, but there are some things I have to enforce. So if you're on track and don't hear me ask you to leave, I may have to kick you from the server. Please don't rejoin the server without first asking for permission. If you think it was a freakish internet gremlin issue and we have time left in practice, I'll allow you to try it again. If it happens again, you'll have to leave. This happened on the second lap. I'm in the Vette and Mustafa Gungor was warping. Nothing he or I could do about it at this point. Mustafa, please understand that I am in no way upset with you. This is just one of those things we have to deal with and work through together. Murat Erdogdu can you make sure that he knows we're cool. Thanks man:thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.