Was Ocon to Blame for Verstappen Accident?

I don't know what he hoped to achieve by pushing Ocon after the race though.. it was kinda embarrassing for everyone concerned.. If I was Ocon I wouldn't have put up with that shyte... and certainly wouldn't have asked the FIA to intervene... Primadonnas!

Verstappen just needs to learn that a race car is not a weapon. In regards to Lewis Hamilton by the way, the words Lewis and lucky should never be used in the same sentence, it sounds nutty.
I think Verstappen is past that phase now, and no amount of Hamilton wishful thinking would have got him the win without some sort o intervention (Insert Ocon here).

No law against re-overtaking, but obviously he would have had to let him go again. Need to introduce a law against it though, I would agree and was stupid of Ocon.
It wass stupid, but a law against unlapping is totally bonkers. If you legit are faster but got lapped due to damage, mistakes what ever, you should be able to gain back your lap other wise you are stuck and waiting for the lap up car to catch up with your next position. You are responsible for your action to undo yourself from the lap to execute it safely without disturbing the lap up car and yield your 'position' back again if you can't get away from that car in a reasonable amount of time.

I would say that the move itself was (too) risky, but Max is quite silly to defend so hard, he knew he was there so he should have taken a wider line. There is literally nothing at stake for him, he could only lose (which he did). Just let the guy pass and go on with your race. Ocon at fault obviously, but Max wasn't smart either.

race-leader-max-verstappen-re-1.jpg

Airborne :D

• Deleted member 113561

Can you explain why he got a stop and go then? You know it all?
We saw many times that Stewards are inconsistent and even wrong ... I wouldn't really hold on to your thought. We saw also teams in the past (incl. Ferrari) pulling some strings ...

I say it's pretty 50/50. Verstappen caused the contact by not leaving space but it's a bit stupid for Ocon, who wasn't in the points to go for the overtake there - obviously he has every right to if he feels he can get passed.

I'm not fan of Max attitude (many crashes in the past) but today was ashame for the F1. Ocon (Mercedes driver) didn't let overtake with blue flag the 1st driver and he crashed to help the big Mercedes to win the race. Max was stronger. This is not my F1, the F1 I liked since child, this is F1cedes or FIACEDES.

I say it's pretty 50/50. Verstappen caused the contact by not leaving space but it's a bit stupid for Ocon, who wasn't in the points to go for the overtake there - obviously he has every right to if he feels he can get passed.

This. Ocon is stupid for being there, but, it isn't illegal to unlap yourself.
Verstappen however, for not leaving room, and crashing into Ocon, being in the fastest car on on track... Well, that's stupidity in the highest order. And the offtrack behaviour, well... He should get a ban for a race, atleast.

This. Ocon is stupid for being there, but, it isn't illegal to unlap yourself.
Verstappen however, for not leaving room, and crashing into Ocon, being in the fastest car on on track... Well, that's stupidity in the highest order. And the offtrack behaviour, well... He should get a ban for a race, atleast.
Would you expect a lapped car in 16th to shove it down the inside while you were leading the race? Even if it was for position, Max was ahead and the line was his priority.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.