Resource icon

Cars VSM IndyCar 2020 Physics/Sounds Overhaul 12.0 - Definitive (?) Edition

Login or Register an account to download this content
I think from what Renato said to me is obviously it's working, but the formula they used is only compatible with a heavy tin top car. If, like me, you put the P2P parameters into the cars physics it just takes off like a rocket and redlines right up to max rev/max speed instantaneously. It's a real shame it can't be tweaked.

Howdy.
Thanks for you efforts thus far.
Just wondering if there's a way to turn the driver arms off that I'm missing? (they're turned off in the main menu, but still appear on these cars for some reason).

Howdy.
Thanks for you efforts thus far.
Just wondering if there's a way to turn the driver arms off that I'm missing? (they're turned off in the main menu, but still appear on these cars for some reason).

Hello, i'm quite bugged off with it as well, the way i know how to make it so is changing the .gen files and then add it in the upgrades, and i didn't want to try it because i'm not sure i would get the desired results, but surely i am able to do so

Buzzardo updated VSM IndyCar 2020 Physics/Sounds Overhaul with a new update entry:

6.1f

- Updated .mas, .gen and upgrade files to have the driver arms removed and a new steering wheel added, courtesy of .Race9 Modding (can't thank them enough for this, check out their work because those are top notch!)
- Updated Speedway and Indy 500 setups, so the car bottoms out less;
- Updated tyre wear values for all options now the oval tyres might last considerably longer;
- Tweaked turbo boost for slightly better low-end performance

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, on the newest 6.1f version I get a window that says error loading mesh file UNKNOWN_TOKEN_COCKPIT to memory. Tried reinstalling the mod multiple times, but still couldn't get it to work. It's like that with every car in the mod. Maybe someone knows the fix for this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Hi, on the newest 6.1f version I get a window that says error loading mesh file UNKNOWN_TOKEN_COCKPIT to memory. Tried reinstalling the mod multiple times, but still couldn't get it to work. It's like that with every car in the mod. Maybe someone knows the fix for this?

Same, so it's not just you.

Thanks for trying Buzzardo. Any solution you know of?

I have managed to fix this issue, perhaps i've uploaded with the faulty strings, will be fixing it ASAP!

Buzzardo updated VSM IndyCar 2020 Physics/Sounds Overhaul with a new update entry:

8.1f

- Major rework on tyre grip and heating mecanics;
- Adjusted downforce levels for all kits;
- Optimized setups for said adjustments

The only thing i ain't happy with it now is that the cars being slightly faster on Short Ovals, something by .2s on JNS Iowa (main reference point for SO's being the only track of this type the IR18-20 raced), while it's slightly inconsistent in Road Courses- namely slower in SRW Mid-Ohio and faster in Road America- maybe in a different version of those tracks...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, how are you? I have a problem in version 8.1f, a sign appears that says; "UNKNOWN_TOKEN_COCKPIT" - Is there a solution for this error? All cars are white. Thank you.

Captura de pantalla (17).png

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back