Resource icon

Cars VSM IndyCar 2020 Physics/Sounds Overhaul 12.0 - Definitive (?) Edition

Login or Register an account to download this content
Buzzardo submitted a new resource:

VSM IndyCar 2020 Physics/Sounds Overhaul - VSM's IndyCar 2020 mod with more refined physics and sounds

Hello, good evening, lads. Today i bring you guys a overhaul from VSM's 2020 IndyCar Series mod. As the title suggests, i have modified the physics in such a way its experience is a little bit more refined. But first, the credits goes to:

- VSM, for the original mod;
- OSR team, as i used and modified some of its resources from their own IndyCar mod for this one, namely the gears (at first i tried to do a full port, but it didn't work as i expected, so yeah)

That said it is...

Read more about this resource...

Buzzardo updated VSM IndyCar 2020 Physics/Sounds Overhaul with a new update entry:

2.0a

- COMPLETELY tweaked engine parameters;
- revamped drag values, to compensate for the said engine tweaks;
- Added "Indianapolis" tyre - similar levels of grip as of Speedway tyres, but greater friction heating;
- Optimized baseline setup, especially for Speedway and Superspeedway kits;
- Added "Talent" folder so it is possible to run AI accordingly;
- Tweaked the onboard cameras (default button 'Home' ones);

Read the rest of this update entry...

Buzzardo updated VSM IndyCar 2020 Physics/Sounds Overhaul with a new update entry:

2.1a

- Updated grip on the Road Course tyres: now they have comparable grip to the other sets;
- Updated grip on Speedway and Indy 500 tyres: now the front tyres have more grip, closer to the rear's values
- Tweaked baseline setup on all kits:
- Slightly longer first gear on all kits
- Optimized gearing so now the car has less of a "bog-down" effect
- Lowered overall downforce for Road Course kit

Read the rest of this update entry...

What parameters are you playing with in the HDV and ini files? I had a drive in the mod other day, the cars still feel like they have wooden wheels and behave quite strangely.

I am going for the real life specifications and a bit of trial and error to get the desired result, but as for the tyres i may be able to do something about it. Can you please be more specific about "behaving strangely"?

The cars seem to slide and bog down a bit. I'll have another test over the next few days, what sections of the HDV file are you changing/editing? Which bits of the tbc files are you editing?

I am editing pretty much all parameters available, by now mostly the engine's torque range and the tyres' spring values, please try the latest update because it seems that i fixed both issues

By the way, i dropped an update that fixes both FFB problems and bogging down issues the car have, if you can please consider test it out i would be delighted

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back