Resource icon

Cars VSM IndyCar 2020 Physics/Sounds Overhaul 12.0 - Definitive (?) Edition

Login or Register an account to download this content
hello there, Big IndyCar mod fan. I like this mod and appreciate the work done. I've noticed when leaving the pits with pit limiter on the cars creep slowly through the pits at a slugs pace. I can't wait to see the finial mod. and please if you would please make sure the mod will have the correct aero package at different ovals, some other mods have that problem. lol. keep up the good work.

Hello, appreciate your words, buddy!

I guess that the "creeping" motion comes down to both the car itself having a high-rev-oriented power output and the pit limiter speed being too low, i can make the transition a bit smoother but can't promise that would be corrected - i don't exactly think it is a "bug" or something to be necessarily fixed, but hey, if it's quality of life i can try something about it!

About the aero packages, apart from the official tracks from 2018 on, most of it's track-specific layouts are guesstimation (that's why i kept tracks such as Daytona and Talladega with the standard Speedway package), it is actually possible that i have an compromise about that as well, but then again it would be another kit created (i.e. I500 downforce with Speedway power) and that could get it quite convoluted, so i don't necessarily think it would be a positive thing long-term. Anyway, i think i finally nailed it on the physics side, so possibly that would be the last update dealt with (for the foreseeable future).

Cheers man, have a great day!

Hey guys,

It's been a qhile since i began developing those physics. I guess that as far as they go, seem satisfying enough for me, so on this regard i guess i won't be doing anything else with it for now. I plan to do a 2021 carset just for content's sake and try to see if i can improve its 3D modelling for it.

So i guess that's it, cheers guys!

Hey, what parameters did you alter with the P2P system? I tried implementing it with single seaters before and the cars took off like rocket ships in a totally unrealistic manner, I contacted Renato about it and he said that the figures used were strictly for tin top cars and couldn't be converted over to single seaters. What part did you alter to make it work? I've not tested yet so haven't seen what you've done, but how did you get it to work? I found simply decreasing the figures didn't work.

Hey, what parameters did you alter with the P2P system? I tried implementing it with single seaters before and the cars took off like rocket ships in a totally unrealistic manner, I contacted Renato about it and he said that the figures used were strictly for tin top cars and couldn't be converted over to single seaters. What part did you alter to make it work? I've not tested yet so haven't seen what you've done, but how did you get it to work? I found simply decreasing the figures didn't work.

Sadly i couldn't figure out on what to do with it, as IRL IndyCar uses it like a "N2O button" of sorts, in the game it isn't possible to configure it that way, so it's either reasonably broken or turned off entirely. I'm working on a solution for that, but even in OSR's mod it sometimes glitchy

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%