Cars VRC Formula NA 2012 and 2018

Turns out I'm a dumb-ass and never saved my setup, but I didn't do much to it anyway. I didn't run max aero, but you should learn from my mistake and run max front and rear wing. Almost zero rear ARB, 3 laps of fuel, and -1 click of front camber for braking performance. Maybe 10 Power, 48 Coast, and 8 Preload on the driveline.

That's my best guess outside the sim for what I did, but because of my mistake during the lap I lost my WR anyway.

Also I really am not trying to promote myself, but competition gets me off so I want to get a challenge at Mid-Ohio going.

where did you get this version of mid ohio?

You can find it in the F1 Classic forum, it's the version by Terra21.

It's not Terra21's, his is 100x too bumpy and borderline undrivable like Sonoma is. It's a "who knows who made it" version that's been floating around for awhile. The mesh is way better than T21's, but it's nowhere near as pretty. Mid-Ohio really isn't a super-bumpy circuit.

Spent some more time in the 2018 car tonight, at Spa. I'm finally 'getting' it, I think. I'm still slow (consistent mid 1:59s with stock setup and primary tire) but at least I can string multiple laps together. Ran a 15 lap race without any 'clenchers!'

Such a great car. Really loving having to push myself. It's very rewarding :)

It's not Terra21's, his is 100x too bumpy and borderline undrivable like Sonoma is. It's a "who knows who made it" version that's been floating around for awhile. The mesh is way better than T21's, but it's nowhere near as pretty. Mid-Ohio really isn't a super-bumpy circuit.

Any chance you can upload the track? The version I have is super bumpy

Any good (free) ovals out there?
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway (I think you can find it on Assetto corsa club if you can't find it here) and the Mountain Peak Speedway, which is the Charlotte Motor Speedway (but I suggest you to use the Road/Short oval kit). Dunno if there are others.
An Indy500 would be great, this car is awesome

Thanks

Has anyone tried the Sim Traxx version of Portland? After 30/40 second racing there my GPU usage goes to 99% and I have frame drops. It happens only on this track

It has some really bad optimization. I have an old HD6950 so I already play on nearly minimum settings/1080p. Usually I get around 90FPS, but there I'm lucky to get 40-50. Unplayable input lag at that point.

upload_2018-9-14_11-54-44.png

Hey guys, super nitpicky, but I have a small request: In the next update, would you mind altering the shader settings for the carbon parts and suspension arms so that the darkness comes from a texture? With the low ksAmbient setting now it's impossible to get a bright colour on them. I'm a big fan of throwing fluorescent details on these parts to make a livery pop (see the yellow line on the top surface of the floor in the above pic).

Since you're already using a diffuse texture for the shadows on these parts, that texture could just be made darker to get the exact same effect while keeping the possibility of having a bright/fullcolour logo or other detail on the parts. Alternatively the detail texture (carbon I guess) could just be made darker instead :)

Also, can anyone point me to the location of this part on the template? Can't seem to find it, but it's definitely affected by the main livery texture
upload_2018-9-14_12-0-9.png

[EDIT] Since I'm here anyways, I also noticed that the "txDust" texture slot on the undertray uses the tire's dirt texture. No idea if that's a bug or intended, but thought I'd call it out all the same. There's also a missing quad on the right sidepod, as seen in CM viewer (haven't verified in game)
upload_2018-9-14_12-3-8.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back