Cars VRC Formula NA 2012 and 2018

Publish fictional (Newman Haas) skins or not?

__custom_showroom_1537111007.jpg

__custom_showroom_1537111036.jpg

Yes, please :)

They look great!

Hmm, just used this template :https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/helmet-psd-template-4096hd.1331/
Put it in the folder, named it HELMET_2012, but it didn't show up in the AC Content Manager and neither on track

Because VRC skins use an .ini file that redirect the helmet and the suit to the ones in the content > texture folder, so you have to change (or delete like I do) the .ini file to get the helmet and the suit you make to work (I hope I have explained this in a clear enough way though, being not a native speaker sometimes is a bit of a problem :D)

I don’t get how can people prefer working on fictional skins instead of real ones.
It may be an unpopular opinion, but I really don’t get it :D, on the 2018 car I want to see 2018 skins :D

And I have the opposite opinion; I don't understand what the draw is to just replicating something real. But, of course, I'm a designer so it's just in my nature anyways. Takes all kinds. :)

That being said, I'd still love to see a 2018 skin pack. It's a pretty attractive field of cars.

I know everybody is busy with ACC these days but as there won't be any multiplayer for the next 2 months, and even then the content will still be limited with just basic MP, I wanted to ask if ....

Anybody interested in a weekly Indycar race?
  • low maintenance (no series, no cup, no points, no skins)
  • just a weekly race with proper conditions and a ton of fun
  • with the 2018 car (if demand, we could of course also alternate the vehicle)
  • using proper Indycar tracks (past, present and future = no bullshit :cool:)

I just love the cars and I think we should make use of them. :inlove::p

PM me for group discussion on further details, dates etc.! :)

I'd also like to give it a shot, even though I'm not very fast and can't get my head around improvong but it would all depend on time of day and day of the week.

Kids are back to having extracurriculars 4 days a week.

Well, since my F1 league looks like it won't have enough sign ups we could use the forum I have access to for these events. Would allow people to chat about what they'd like to see/drive and could have multiple events each week. I have a 32 slot dedicated server so might as well use it. Andreas if you wanted to post events there so it's easy to track I'd be more than happy to sort that out for you.

View attachment 269650

Hey guys, super nitpicky, but I have a small request: In the next update, would you mind altering the shader settings for the carbon parts and suspension arms so that the darkness comes from a texture? With the low ksAmbient setting now it's impossible to get a bright colour on them. I'm a big fan of throwing fluorescent details on these parts to make a livery pop (see the yellow line on the top surface of the floor in the above pic).

Since you're already using a diffuse texture for the shadows on these parts, that texture could just be made darker to get the exact same effect while keeping the possibility of having a bright/fullcolour logo or other detail on the parts. Alternatively the detail texture (carbon I guess) could just be made darker instead :)

Also, can anyone point me to the location of this part on the template? Can't seem to find it, but it's definitely affected by the main livery texture
View attachment 269651

[EDIT] Since I'm here anyways, I also noticed that the "txDust" texture slot on the undertray uses the tire's dirt texture. No idea if that's a bug or intended, but thought I'd call it out all the same. There's also a missing quad on the right sidepod, as seen in CM viewer (haven't verified in game)
View attachment 269652

Will definitely take a look at all the things you pointed out for our next build!

Just about finished these three fictionals :)

preview.jpg
preview.jpg
preview.jpg

I fumbled through 3D painting for the sidepod logo on the Nagel car, but the rest were in old fashioned 2D. I'm finding it's surprisingly not that difficult with this car, so thank you to the UV guy! :D

Reactions: MHS

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Forum trophies