Cars VRC Formula NA 2012 and 2018

Today, we're happy to release version 1.1 of our Formula NA package, this update includes several fixes/improvement based on your much appreciated feedback.
Also, we are proud to announce that the mod is now available through RaceDepartment, where Premium users can get a 33% discount.

Changelog:
- Slight changes to the front suspension of the Formula NA 1999.

- Fixed Formula NA 2012 tyres getting smaller when using align to data in CM.
- Fixed: suspension arms on the Formula NA 2012 were not attached to the chassis.

- Fixed setup descriptions.

- Tweaked Formula NA 1999 gearshift sounds.
- Tweaked Formula NA 1999 backfires.
- Fixed GUIDs for all cars.
- Small AO improvements.

Thanks for your support!

If you compress using the "solid archive" option, either in 7z or rar format, you can have duplicate skin files on both road/oval that will only take single space inside the archive (no need to pack them separately to take less space).

If you compress using the "solid archive" option, either in 7z or rar format, you can have duplicate skin files on both road/oval that will only take single space inside the archive (no need to pack them separately to take less space).
Yes, but the mod was originally released in a zip file... For v1.1 we decided to use 7z compression... If no one complains about 7z files we will keep that format. Anyhow I have to admit I didn't know about that "solid archive option", so really glad you mentioned it.

"Solid archive" takes the whole lot of files as single stream for compression instead of treating them individually (IIRC 7z by default will do it as 2GB or 4GB chunks for larger archives depending on preset, it's the "Solid Block" option in the GUI). By this way, everything that's duplicate (not only whole files, but also matching file contents) is only stored and compressed once. The downside is that to extract a single file from the archive takes longer, because you'll have to read the block from the beginning until the whole relevant data is found instead of skipping directly to a place where a whole file is expected in sequence.

Last edited:
__custom_showroom_1529952012.jpg

Did some driving with the 2012 road version around Watkins.

Models/sounds/ overall quality is top notch.
Great job to everyone that worked on this.

On the physics side driving for long stints and heavy fuel, its very nice to drive, I would compare to Formula GP2 from RSS guys. Engine model (turbo lag) is so good and that sound is just like real thing.

Only drawback for me is when on the limit 2012 road becomes very hard to predict.
Its too snappy once it lets go its gone and its really hard to predict, ffb response just doesn't translate enough.

At first I thought it was wing issue but looking at the wings app these dallara dw-12 kits made tons of downforce more than F1 cars which is very believable. Considering the stacks of wings and humongous diffusor they ran.

So I wonder if its tyre was made a bit too sensitive.

Hard to compare lap times with real indy since there is no good road track from 2012-2014 when they ran these kits in AC.

Did some driving with the 2012 road version around Watkins.

Models/sounds/ overall quality is top notch.
Great job to everyone that worked on this.

On the physics side driving for long stints and heavy fuel, its very nice to drive, I would compare to Formula GP2 from RSS guys. Engine model (turbo lag) is so good and that sound is just like real thing.

Only drawback for me is when on the limit 2012 road becomes very hard to predict.
Its too snappy once it lets go its gone and its really hard to predict, ffb response just doesn't translate enough.

At first I thought it was wing issue but looking at the wings app these dallara dw-12 kits made tons of downforce more than F1 cars which is very believable. Considering the stacks of wings and humongous diffusor they ran.

So I wonder if its tyre was made a bit too sensitive.

Hard to compare lap times with real indy since there is no good road track from 2012-2014 when they ran these kits in AC.
Noted, but if you are using the default setup, it's quite oversteery.

Hi,

first of all, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G mod, never thought that I could one day replicate an oval race with indycars like on iracing. Secondly, i'd like to applaud you for giving us cars that actually are very comparable to their real life counterpart. Just did some quick laps around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and the times I did (best i could manage was 40.014). Had I been a real driver driving the real car, I'd have been 7th on that year's qualifying day (if I had the balls to drive that car IRL). Here's me doing my lap at IMS.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back