Cars VRC Formula NA 2012 and 2018

I uploaded some pics from the yearbook cart '99... with all the teams and liveries...
not sure if I can put a link here where I uploaded it to... due to forum rules.
just send me a pm and I provide it to you guys too.

also if you are looking for more pics of a specific car/team or information let me know... the book has random pics from each race that year.

Managed to paint a bit tonight, i'm getting there. I'm a bit slow, i know, but i have to study as well so I have very limited time :D :cry:

preview.jpg

Well, today I was testing the NA'99 Road @ Road America, I´m still testing and improving the setup 1.42:888 but i´m on very early setup and still learning the car dynamics.
The car is damn cool to drive, very hard to drive and the car was very hard to drive back that time and I loving it. I think the car lacks of just a little grip on slow corners.
I miss the fuel quantity instead of the race laps on the LCD display. And I think its more useful delta time instead of the actual time on the LCD display.
I miss the rain light work with LCD Light with the light button.
I wish to see rain light, shark fin (visual option), T-cam (visual option) chrome suspension arms (option/to make possible Penske and Arciero-Wells skins look almost perfect)
And the last but not less import the ffb I miss an little of information. the ffb feels an little filtered. as if the car had power steering, not too much alive, as exemple ferrari sh70 or f2004 kunos orignal cars.

Last edited:
I've been working on a skin for the Penske car today. It's currently a WIP, but it should be done in about two days. Those pesky Marlboro logos on the side took nearly two hours to fit right on the car! If anybody can post any good reference of the '99 version of the car, I would really appreciate the help.View attachment 257856 View attachment 257857 View attachment 257858
My advise is to use the 3D template for that, it only takes seconds to place the logos, that's how I did all the skins without any issues. It's insane to attempt doing it in 2D.

Well, today I was testing the NA'99 Road @ Road America, I´m still testing and improving the setup 1.42:888 but i´m on very early setup and still learning the car dynamics.
The car is damn cool to drive, very hard to drive and the car was very hard to drive back that time and I loving it. I think the car lacks of just a little grip on slow corners.
I miss the fuel quantity instead of the race laps on the LCD display. And I think its more useful delta time instead of the actual time on the LCD display.
I miss the rain light work with LCD Light with the light button.
I wish to see rain light, shark fin (visual option), T-cam (visual option) chrome suspension arms (option/to make possible Penske and Arciero-Wells skins look almost perfect)
And the last but not less import the ffb I miss an little of information. the ffb feels an little filtered. as if the car had power steering, not too much alive, as exemple ferrari sh70 or f2004 kunos orignal cars.

I agree... the tires lack of grip on the road. You cannot really wrestle the car around... you have to be gentle. Once they spin they take a while to regain the bite. if you know what I mean. The '99 tires should have more grip than the '12 or '18 cars. I don't know if there would be an option to have a oval tire to fix that? make the road tire more sticky and oval harder compound?
As the compounds were different for all kind of tracks provided by Firestone / Goodyear.

My advise is to use the 3D template for that, it only takes seconds to place the logos, that's how I did all the skins without any issues. It's insane to attempt doing it in 2D.
Thanks! I now have instant reference with the 3d object in Photoshop to work with. How do you place the logos directly on the 3d template? I can't seem to be able to paint directly onto the car.

Last edited:
I agree... the tires lack of grip on the road. You cannot really wrestle the car around... you have to be gentle. Once they spin they take a while to regain the bite. if you know what I mean. The '99 tires should have more grip than the '12 or '18 cars. I don't know if there would be an option to have a oval tire to fix that? make the road tire more sticky and oval harder compound?
As the compounds were different for all kind of tracks provided by Firestone / Goodyear.
Tyres are not really the problem, and oval tyres are indeed different ... i need to rework the rear suspension a bit though, for now just remove the rear ARB on all your setups, you need to keep the front stiff, start with a very soft rear and add a bit of stiffness until you find the sweet spot, if you don't touch the front suspension and remove the rear ARB, you will affect the rolling resistance distribution between the front the rear by around 1% for each 10000 N/m of rear spring stiffness, which is a lot ... and this is what i have to rework :)

Indeed. Better than searching the forums.
I agree on that, but I have to research if that's even legal due to GDPR. I guess we should first send an email to each one of you asking if you would like to receive any emails saying we updated some content... But it's not as easy as it seems.
For the moment, even tho I agree with you that an email would be much more clever, I would recomend you to stay tuned on our social media, where's a lot easier to look for news than on some posts on a forum.

They were aldready hitting more than 250mph at tracks like Michigan during the 1996 season.

from 1997...
``It’s just a great number,″ the low-key Brazilian said after turning a lap of 240.942 mph on the two-mile oval at the new California Speedway. ``It’s just unbelievable a car can get around this place at a speed like that.
``The speed is linear,″ said Gugelmin, whose 242.333 in the morning practice was the unofficial fastest lap ever in an open-wheel racer. ``You almost don’t slow down in the corners. It feels like one long straightaway.″

Gugelmin, who said Friday he was uncomfortable with the speeds here, added Saturday, ``At these speeds, by the time you feel a problem, it’s too late. You have to be very confident of your car.″

Vasser, who watched videotape of his teammate’s crashes, said, ``A lot of bad things can happen at that speed when something happens and you get out of control.″

``I’m not totally comfortable with the speeds we’re running,″ Herta said. ``We have to slow them down. Having said that, though, this week we have to run what we’re running. It is what it is.″

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.