Cars VRC Formula NA 2012 and 2018

Who then? Whose name do i have to write in blood before i sacrifice this goat i'm holding onto?
Not my call guys
Too bad it's not up yet at RD.

Hi there guys! I'm really sorry we haven't been able to publish the car through Racedepartment. Please, do not call Bram regarding this issue, as it is completely my fault having announced it.

The issue why the mod isn't still published here at Racedepartment is mainly because Racedepartment wants to be completely sure that everything is sold legally (and I completely agree with them), and it seems our website is missing some legal requests in order to be completely clear. This is specially complicated as we all at VRC are from different continents, and there are different rules/laws/taxes applied to each one of us.

We are working hard to satisfy all complies but please, do not blame Racedepartment as they are totally on their right to wait until everything is clear from our side. I would even undertand them if they decide not to publish the mod as it might have caused them already some trouble.

As some of you might have noticed, you now have to accept our Privacy Policy terms before being able to download the mods. This shows we are working really hard to put things in order.
Might all this trouble have been avoided if we would have sold our mods trough Sellfy? Yes, maybe we could have avoided this issues, but Sellfy is not flexible enough... For example trough our website, as soon as you buy the package you are also able to download all the mods that complete the package individualy. This will allow our customers not to download the whole package again in case we just update one of its components, and that's just one of the many reasons why we aren't using Sellfy.

Also the time difference between our countries didn't help, as I slept just one hour last night in order to have the mod released for Europe morning and even bothered RaceDepartment really early , as I work during the day and didn't want to dissapoint people waiting for the mod in the morning.
I invite all RaceDepartment Premium members that still want the mod with a discount to send me a private message, and I will see how can I compensate you for the trouble caused... This has nothing to do with Racedepartment itself but is me trying to somehow apologize for the inconvenience.

I want to publicly apologize with Bram (who has truly helped me and is still doing) and all Racedeparment Premium Members for any inconvenience caused, and for having announced something that wasn't 100% sure (even tho I thought it was).
Again, if you're a RaceDepartment Premium member, please send me a private message, but do not tag RD moderators as they have nothing to do with all this trouble.

Thank you for your patience and comprehension.

Matias.

While I drove the NA 1999 for nearly three hours straight because it is so much fun I get very little sense of what the car is doing through the FFB. What I mean is that I can't really tell if the car starts to slide most of the time while cornering, especially at the front I can't feel the grip very well. Probably not a valid comparison, but compared to the Kunos Ferrari F2004 the NA 1999 doesn't feel very connected. Changing FFB and Steering Assist settings makres the FFB heavier, but not more detailed. Don't know about the NA 2012, couldn't try it yet.

While I drove the NA 1999 for nearly three hours straight because it is so much fun I get very little sense of what the car is doing through the FFB. What I mean is that I can't really tell if the car starts to slide most of the time while cornering, especially at the front I can't feel the grip very well. Probably not a valid comparison, but compared to the Kunos Ferrari F2004 the NA 1999 doesn't feel very connected. Changing FFB and Steering Assist settings makres the FFB heavier, but not more detailed. Don't know about the NA 2012, couldn't try it yet.

Im happy Im not alone with that.

I think its down to the tyres. I couldn't tell you if its right or wrong but its a good challenge, really encourages you not to overdrive. Seems 'as designed', and I wouldn't necessarily want to change it. :thumbsup:

little more info at the vrc site of the pack would be better guys now its just a image of 3 cars but no explanation of what's included

I think its down to the tyres. I couldn't tell you if its right or wrong but its a good challenge, really encourages you not to overdrive. Seems 'as designed', and I wouldn't necessarily want to change it. :thumbsup:
There is some truth in that, i tried to make the steering as light as possible for the oval. The front suspension has a low caster and kingpin and that reduces the feedback you get from the steering.

I personally prefer the current ffb feel, but oval and road versions will have both slightly different geometries for the next update, it should add some circus to the ffb on the road one.

Last edited:
There is some truth in that, i tried to make the steering as light as possible for the oval. The front suspension has a low caster and kingpin and that reduces the feedback you get from the steering.

I personally prefer the current ffb feel, but oval and road versions will have both slightly different geometries for the next update, it should add some circus to the ffb on the road one.
Did you have a similar approach to the FFB for the NA 2012 and NA 2018? I still haven't found time to try the NA 2012 :redface:

I'm watching the live Indy Lights coverage from Road America now, having watched the F1 qualifying from Paul Ricard earlier.

Indycar is just much more alive than F1 at the moment, it's exhilarating to watch. This mod has given me a great insight into US racing.

Road America or the car park that is Paul Ricard....tough choice. :)

I think the brake ducts should be off too when the cars are on oval configuration.
I miss the rain light work with light button.
So far I still testing the mod... feels great.

Is there any server online (with oval if possible)?
I am going to put a server up using the NA '99 at South Star, how many laps do you all think would be good for decent length race? I'll put it at 25 laps for the time being. The server is supposed to have fixed setups (using the ones provided). 32 car slots

Server Name: VRC Oval
No Password Needed to join, just the amazing content. Should be up shortly after I post this

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%