Virginia International Raceway

Tracks Virginia International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Track issue, nothing to do with AC. Wrongly set off track zones.
I would disagree. Only thing you can set is invalid or valid and neither of those have anything to do with being warped to pits. Two things can cause a warp to pits. Driving the wrong way and two or more wheels off the ground. It's possible the ground is so low poly there that two wheels were indeed off the ground slightly.

From the video I think it is pretty clear I shouldn't have been teleported to the pits. I lost control on what is essentially a giant, green oil slick of off track, and once I regained control I turned the car to get back to the circuit in as straight a line as possible. I'm pretty sure this is a combination of the grass being stupidly slick on this track coupled with AC's over zealous penalty system that doesn't understand what is "wrong way" when you are actually off track. Wrong way should only be accounted for if you are ON track. If you are off track due to a spin out but still have the ability to make it back to the track under your own power, there's zero reason you should be teleported no matter which way you are facing.

From the video I think it is pretty clear I shouldn't have been teleported to the pits. I lost control on what is essentially a giant, green oil slick of off track, and once I regained control I turned the car to get back to the circuit in as straight a line as possible. I'm pretty sure this is a combination of the grass being stupidly slick on this track coupled with AC's over zealous penalty system that doesn't understand what is "wrong way" when you are actually off track. Wrong way should only be accounted for if you are ON track. If you are off track due to a spin out but still have the ability to make it back to the track under your own power, there's zero reason you should be teleported no matter which way you are facing.
Grass on VIR is set to 0.7 friction. Stock kunos grass is 0.6. Not sure why people always say its slicker than other tracks.

In any case yes I agree it was a bad teleport but other than possibly 2 wheels off the ground I can't see a reason it happened. That area is indeed very low poly so it is possible the car was only touching 2 tires to the ground. Possible fix would be to subdivide that area to prevent the car from bottoming out between sections.

upload_2018-4-16_19-37-27.png

Grass on VIR is set to 0.7 friction. Stock kunos grass is 0.6. Not sure why people always say its slicker than other tracks.

Thanks for this. However, you'll note that I did not say it was slicker than other tracks... but merely that this track has overly slick grass. So I guess ALL grass in this game is overly slick? Obviously this over (under?) estimation of what the friction should be when going for a spin in the grass is going to be more noticeable at VIR since there's grass right up to the edge of the tarmac just about everywhere.

If neither of the above cases were caused by some time limit of facing the wrong way, the "more than two wheels off the ground" sounds pretty plausible. I second the suggestion to add more geometry resolution to the particular areas of the track where folks are more likely to lose it when trying to push the limit. Hopefully it will help! Thanks again!

I realized that my initial video might not actually be all that helpful with figuring out where exactly I got teleported from, as well as the whole "2 wheels off the ground" thing sounded too good to be true. From the looks of it I was pretty flat. What IS interesting is where I seem to be crossing when teleported. It looks like the game decided that I was far enough on the track (but off road) at the corner "Oak Tree". But the moment that I cross BACK across the invisible line I'm on "Back Straight" for a single frame before the game says "uh, nope!" and to the pits I go.

I don't know if this is helpful to see if there's something to do to prevent this from getting triggered that is track specific, but here it is for posterity anyway!

I realized that my initial video might not actually be all that helpful with figuring out where exactly I got teleported from, as well as the whole "2 wheels off the ground" thing sounded too good to be true. From the looks of it I was pretty flat. What IS interesting is where I seem to be crossing when teleported. It looks like the game decided that I was far enough on the track (but off road) at the corner "Oak Tree". But the moment that I cross BACK across the invisible line I'm on "Back Straight" for a single frame before the game says "uh, nope!" and to the pits I go.

I don't know if this is helpful to see if there's something to do to prevent this from getting triggered that is track specific, but here it is for posterity anyway!

Don't even sweat it...Mulder & Scully are on the case. The guy in the yellow car is smoking a cigarette. This has got conspiracy written all over it. ::cue the theme song::

I was doing some practice before my Sunday club race and something that has never happened before was this:
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_gt3_vir_28-4-118-21-29-4.jpg
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_gt3_vir_28-4-118-21-28-52.jpg
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_huracan_gt3_vir_28-4-118-21-28-45.jpg

I'm facing against traffic here, with roller coaster behind me.
First the balloon actually landed on the left from this perspective (on the infield extra roads) then it moved over there.

So I'm guessing while I was on the other side of the track, it could've went through the main road, which you obviously don't want to happen during a race.

Then of course there is a good old issue with tire barriers and I think there can be a little bit of optimization done in the first sector. CPU and GPU really starts spiking in turns 2,3 and 4 when there are a lot of cars around.

I think this calls for an update. It would be great way to refresh the track with these bug fixes and put it back up onto the first page where it belongs :thumbsup:

Anyway, love the track, had it since the release and having a blast every time I drive around! Thanx guys!

Last edited:
This is the best track in AC that I hardly ever drive. I don't know why. I love it when I do run laps around VIR. I'm only shorting myself...especially since the authors did a great job setting up the racing lines for the AI drivers. I've had many of my "best races" on one of the VIR layouts.

I was doing some practice before my Sunday club race and something that has never happened before was this:
View attachment 248816 View attachment 248817 View attachment 248818
I'm facing against traffic here, with roller coaster behind me.
First the balloon actually landed on the left from this perspective (on the infield extra roads) then it moved over there.

So I'm guessing while I was on the other side of the track, it could've went through the main road, which you obviously don't want to happen during a race.

Then of course there is a good old issue with tire barriers and I think there can be a little bit of optimization done in the first sector. CPU and GPU really starts spiking in turns 2,3 and 4 when there are a lot of cars around.

I think this calls for an update. It would be great way to refresh the track with these bug fixes and put it back up onto the first page where it belongs :thumbsup:

Anyway, love the track, had it since the release and having a blast every time I drive around! Thanx guys!

I got the same problem one year ago too.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/virginia-international-raceway.125986/page-20#post-2482287

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back