Verstappen "Fastest Driver That Has Ever Driven an F1 Car" - Button

Exactly... and the most hilarious of it all: He's born in Hasselt, lives in Monaco, his hometrack is Spa, he's hardly to be found within the Dutch borders, only for promoting activities once or twice a year. Which Dutchman? The guy is Belgian. The Netherlands claims him due to the Verstappen name, but nevertheless he remains Belgian. It hurts my eyes to read 'the Dutchman' every time.

Oh boy you are so negative... help yourself ;)

You put Danny Ric ahead of Lewis Hamilton? That's just madness.
Just didnt put Ric in 4th because back in those days cars were harder to drive. Senna remains 1st due to no other driver faced so many challanges in and off track.
Max can be top ten but only due to his age.

Last edited:
Being fast alone doesn't make you a champion so this argumentation is irrelevant in the first place.

Nobody here was doing or saying, what you are indicating.

This:

...is absolutely true.

And still...i'm pretty sure, if RBR could be more successfull with moar powa within the cars performance, there is a strong possibility, that Verstappen some day gets the championship, also because he seems to become more and more mature in racecraft and behaviour on track...but he has the "fokk it" attitude, to not be intimidated by circumstances, where other drivers are chicken out.

Somebody here brought up Senna...this guy was an arsehole on track with the "know your place"-attitude with open visor divebomb tendencies, he was fast and able to blast near qualy times on race distance consistently. Being fast alone, doesn't make you a champion, it helps, combined with other factors, though.This made him a champion.

I don't know how right Button is with his statement, but it doesn't mean anything for championship outcomes. But there are some strong indicators, that Verstappen is one of the freaking fastest open wheeler drivers on the planet, at least.
"but he has the "fokk it" attitude, to not be intimidated by circumstances, where other drivers are chicken out."

Now now... Let's remember who has Verstappen crying on the radio, asking for help, and begging for more power. Lewis scares the living crap out of Verstappen in wheel to wheel situations, and even more when Lewis chases him down as he did in Hungary. He had that young boy crying and pleading on his radio. I laughed so hard.

Tricky one. I will go for Max. Would be nice to see them in same car, I think Max would edge it. The problem with Leclerc (at the moment) is that he tries too hard to say and do the right thing in front of the media. None of it seems natural and he come across as a corporate machine. Maybe this will change as he establishes himself in F1.

would edge who?? Albon had been on the car way less than Max and its matching Verstappen, I feel sorry for Albon because IF he starts beating Verstappen Red Bull would find a way to sack him so Verstappen doesn't look bad, and people think if they put him in a Merc he will match Lewis??? no way, remember Lewis beat a world champion Alonso on the same car on some occasions, and I am a Alonso fan, which tells you that Max its no where near Lewis in terms of race craft, that is why by the time Lewis retired his championship record will be hard to beat, because he IS passing Schumacher in the near future.

Well, JB has had some quite interesting and fast teammates! Starting with Ralf, JPM as tester, Fisico, Trulli, Webber, Alonso, Rubens & then Lewis. He has beaten them all, so he knows what he is talking about.
But knowing JB, he's choosing his words very carefully - it's fastest. Not the best ;)
Leclerc IMHO is the more intelligent driver and long-term he might have more success than Verstappen. Of course, it's all down also to luck. Imagine if Lewis didn't agree to go to Mercedes and they've gotten someone else? I.e. Hulkenberg? They'd still have the same number of titles anyway and the Hulk would be a WDC...

so let me get this straight, you saying Hulk is in the same planet as Lewis??? not even close mate.

Now now... Let's remember who has Verstappen crying on the radio, asking for help, and begging for more power. Lewis scares the living crap out of Verstappen in wheel to wheel situations, and even more when Lewis chases him down as he did in Hungary. He had that young boy crying and pleading on his radio. I laughed so hard
The one whines because of not enough power, the next because of bad strategies, the next one, because Ericsson hit us...you are trying to make a point? I think, you also just want to bash.^^

Hating and Fanboying when it comes to drivers in threads...just love it...how mature, i laughed so hard.^^

DISCLAIMER: I have no real "favourite" driver in F1, i'm just here for the Memes...oh whait..it's Lando then!

Last edited:
Well, let's settle this.

F1 should have an all-star event. Each year, the top 5 in the driver's standings, plus 5 more current drivers that get the most fan votes, plus 10 retired drivers or drivers from other disciplines face off for a spec car race event. Ticket sales and advert profits go to charity, and we get to settle who is the best driver. Boom.
But i have so much money, that wants to be burned! Your post makes NO sense at all!

so let me get this straight, you saying Hulk is in the same planet as Lewis??? not even close mate.

No, I said everyone in a Mercedes can be a world champion, or at least from the top established drivers.
And you never know, winning helps a lot with confidence and speed.
Who is the fastest driver? Idk, JB has been teammate with many of them and has a valid opinion or at least opinion deserving respect.
To me, there is probably no clear winner. It depends on the car/team and how much they suit their driving/character style.

The one whines because of not enough power, the next because of bad strategies, the next one, because Ericsson hit us...you are trying to make a point? I think, you also just want to bash.^^

Hating and Fanboying when it comes to drivers in threads...just love it...how mature, i laughed so hard.^^

DISCLAIMER: I have no real "favourite" driver in F1, i'm just here for the Memes...oh whait..it's Lando then!
Every driver at some point has complained on his radio at some point, and it doesn't matter who you are. Although, Verstappen wasn't whining that day in Hungary - it was undiluted fear from him on the radio. P.S.Yes I can say beyond any doubt that both Lewis Hamilton, and Ayrton Senna are my two favorite drivers of all time.

So how do you determine "fastest driver"? Quali times compilation" Race times compliation ? Speed through a particular corner ? Speed at a particular track? Speed based on car potential ? Ability to correct understeer/oversteer? Holder of record lap time at the most tracks?

I believe the fastest driver ever is.....................................................................no one.

Its a really inaccurate way of judging who is fastest, but I reckon you've gotta go off car potential. If a driver consistently finishes above his team mate by a large margin AND his car consistently finishes above where it should, then that is a strong indicator of pace. If he was in a merc or a ferrari then we would really be able to see, but until then I think that is the best method of deciding.

would edge who?? Albon had been on the car way less than Max and its matching Verstappen, I feel sorry for Albon because IF he starts beating Verstappen Red Bull would find a way to sack him so Verstappen doesn't look bad, and people think if they put him in a Merc he will match Lewis???
I agree on this part - but your Lewis-praise is close to BS.
Lewis is a good driver but mainly because he sits in the best car.

Hehe you are trying to change "good driver" to "god driver":roflmao::roflmao:

Not sure this question will ever be answered in F1. Cars have too much say in where a driver finishes currently and the only measure would be against a teammate (as long as both cars are same spec). Verstappen is quite clearly a good driver but since the depature of Ricciardo Verstappen hasn't really been tested with Gasly and recently Albon who are only getting to grips with F1 and the car. Would be interesting to put in him a car like a Merc or Ferrari and see how he lines up vs Hamilton or LeClerc / Vettel, but that's very unlikely. It should however create good debates!

Red Bulls fell behind this year more than they expected because they only had one good driver that could give valuable refrence about the cars setup. Normaly they good try different setups on the cars and than go with the best option, but their rooky drivers are to busy with staying alive.

Don't get me wrong Jenson is a great driver. Hes from Frome Town in England where i grew up. But hes no Racing Legend. 1 tittle is all he has, you need to have at least 3 to be elite. So hes no Senna.
That said Max is good and could be a champion he just has to play to the rules. Yes some of the rules are stupid and hinder racing as it was ten years ago, but you cant upset rule makers because they will hit you with a time penalty every time they get a chance. The Rebel racer of Senna and Schumacher will not survive today.:ninja:

Honestly this is just a dumb thing to say. Not about Verstappen, specifically... he's a real talent. Just in general. It's a dumb thing to say and debate. It's an invalid comparison with an untestable conclusion.

Honestly this is just a dumb thing to say. Not about Verstappen, specifically... he's a real talent. Just in general. It's a dumb thing to say and debate. It's an invalid comparison with an untestable conclusion.
Exactly. I absolutely hate it when people try to compare drivers like Fangio and Clark with Schumacher and Hamilton. The cars are so massively different, and with different cars comes different driving styles. Put Fangio in a modern F1 car and I doubt he would beat the slowest on the grid, and conversely, I doubt Hamilton would be winning as much in a 50's era car.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.