Verstappen "Fastest Driver That Has Ever Driven an F1 Car" - Button

They don't make that many mistakes like Verstappen does.
And they aren't as fast, as Verstappen is...so all of them have their flaws, including Max Verstappen.
Rocketing into T1 with cold tyres/brakes was a riskfull move.
From Leclerc, yes.^^ It was his responsibility alone. As much, as i like Leclercs racy-ness and commitment, but this time, it hasn't worked quite well. Verstappen wasn't guilty here at all, just by trying to get around the outside.

From Leclerc, yes.^^ It was his responsibility alone. As much, as i like Leclercs racy-ness and commitment, but this time, it hasn't worked quite well. Verstappen wasn't guilty here at all, just by trying to get around the outside.
Both drivers have the responsibility. A race lasts 1.5 hrs, so why take the risk in T1? Leclerc also has cold tyres/brakes which may result in the incident described. Just planning ahead surely means I wouln't have taken that risk.

[mod edit: ToS breach, text removed]
I agree that Hamilton is the fastest but why are you so triggered? He's man enough to admit he wasn't the fastest himself and in his opinion Versappen is a special driver, he's probably got better reason than any of us to believe it, I have never heard button slate Hamilton.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beside agreeing that Verstappen is probably the most talented F1 driver at the moment - I have an example of another F1 driver who is probably World Champion in pointing to himself if there is even the tiniest positive thing to say and then ALWAYS pointing to some vague "others/we" if any responsibility for negative events has to be placed.
What they say
Grosjean fell four places to 14th on the first lap at Suzuka.
"The start, first of all, I was behind Kevin [Magnussen] by turn one so it’s been two races in a row that we just don’t get any good start performance.
We need to understand that because I don’t think there is much more I can do.
So that’s something we need to work on."

Sorry to hijack the thread a little bit but hamilton is the best of all time because of his consistency and his lack of mistakes. Yes he has been in the fastest car for the last 6 seasons but because of his consistency he has taken these titles I think Vettel had a very good chance at the title last year but because his and ferraris mistakes it was not possible. Yes verstappen is faster than his teammates most of the time and the car is much more biased to his style of driving but he just makes too many mistakes right now. I think maybe in a couple of seasons if red bull is still at the top of the pecking order he may be a chance at a title but he just needs to maximize every weekend like hamilton does.

you all seem to forget Senna, Fangio, Moss, Hawthorn and many many more... the trouble is different drivers in different era's with differing levels of safety etc... but i do belive the little dutch boy is the fastest of the present grid

I think the max V Leclerc rivalry will be great to watch. They will have some great battles and some awkward crashes. Can't wait.

I wouldn't bet against Leclerc winning next year's championship.

Albons qualifying time at sazuka was pretty special.

Not the fastest he has not got a tittle yet. His penalty's in the past have knocked him off the podium. He has to finish his career with at least 3 championships to be compared to Prost or Senna. So he has a long road ahead of him.

he can be fast, but with RBR he will never win the world championship.
The RBR team is not far off the pace of Scuderia Ferrari or AMG Mercedes. Financially they are about the same. Adrian Newley is the designer and wherever he goes championships follow. He took Williams to success and then McLaren in the 90's. They both fell backwards after he left, that is how good he is. Honda is on the up in performance as of late. And Max is not fighting with his team mate Albon. So the team is built around him. Ferrari and Mercedes have 2 drivers fighting for number 1 status.

who's Button?? ...Anyway here's the correct order:
1 - Senna
2 - Fangio
3 - Schumacher
4 - Gilles Villneuve
5 -Jim clark
6 - Lauda
7 - Prost
8 - Daniel Ricciardo ( Verstappen could not beat him)
9 - Hamilton
10 - Leclerc/ Vertappen ( yet to find out who gets the place)

Last edited:
Maturity is really overrated.

Racers need to be young at heart, some braggadocio some aggression some recklessness.
Motorsports needs spectacular racing, not engineers telling robots to take it back 1% so they can attack 5 laps from now and take one position... Give me the guys (and why the heck not gals) who give it their all, who sometimes make mistakes under pressure, who F up and move on...but when it comes together they provide the world with spectacle.

More emotion not less please.

And arguing about who is best while nagging about rules, restrictions and money is part the circus.
That said leveling the playing field would be a good idea, as would bringing down aero and telemetry, more old school racing.

You can mock Grosjean for inconsistency and mistakes all day long, but pure speed has never been an issue. He usually outpaces his teammates on highest finish.
:whistling:
https://www.racing-statistics.com/en/drivers/compare/romain-grosjean/kevin-magnussen/seasons/2019
1.png

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 38 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 26 17.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.6%
  • Forum trophies