Any quck reviews now when a game is officially released and out of "Early Acess" ? Anyone ? :)

FFB is more noise than feedback.
Mk2 from max revs, doesn't spin wheels on snow (bogs down).
Hillclimb BMW is "more steering lock = slower speed and more turn", no wheelspin (or at least not getting sideways) in 1st or 2nd gear on wet tarmac.
Rallycross doesn't feel good at all.
Tarmac rallying have the early 00's sound effects of skidding tyres, feels a bit off as well.
Manual clutch doesn't force clutch usage.
Rallies is one stage that gives points. If a rally is 3 stages, it is points at the end of each stage, and the points are added, not times.

H-Shifter working by default (but not forcing clutch)
Feels ok on gravel.
With bonnet cam it feels a bit better than any other cam
Bonnet cam and xbox controller is actually quite ok.
Buy it on sale, play it with a controller, fire it up, do a couple of rallies, hillclimbs etc before dinner or something, it will work quite well for that.

IMO, not worth full price, sadly it feels like they've taken the features I liked from from the previous games and gotten rid of it, and kept the things I didn't care for. I really wish they would've kept on with the V-Rally 3 career mode, but expanded on it. That would've been awesome.
This "Career" mode, is a bit early DiRT/GRiD ish, with buying cars, unlocking races etc, just with no cutscenes and "coolness" around.

Sweet Jesus Ole !?! :confused:
Are you sure ? Can't you just check out once again ? :D
Just kidding of course, I trust you. Probably most of all people here.
Well, quite bad ratio of pros and cons. Ok, guess... it's a wait. Hopefully not for long. :-/

Sweet Jesus Ole !?! :confused:
Are you sure ? Can't you just check out once again ? :D
Just kidding of course, I trust you. Probably most of all people here.
Well, quite bad ratio of pros and cons. Ok, guess... it's a wait. Hopefully not for long. :-/

Thing is, I think the game would provide great fun. If bought on sale! Then it feels like it is worth it.
Life is a bit strange that way. At a 50-80% sale, you would pick it up, and have fun with it. At release price you probably wouldn't, even though it is the same game.

Then again, are you looking to pick up a game you can just jump in to, do some stages/races and then do something else (drive a kid to whatever practice, make dinner, take a significant other to some weird date etc.) then it probably is quite a nice little game. It's not as bad as e.g gravel was. It's kinda like the three previous V-Rally games, they are not really good-good, but they serve a purpose, and I've had hundreds of hours in both V-Rally 99 and V-Rally 3, even today I still pick up V-Rally 3 for it's career mode.

I've played a bit with a pad just recently. I like it. I will not continue to play with a pad, as it's horrible but I might grab the Gimx now and hope that the feeling with the wheel is at least on par with something like WRC 7. The movement and weight shift of the car feels like it's OK. It's just with a pad and using your thumbs the movements are trash. There is some performance issues, but I might be able to clean them up with a little tweaking and hopefully a patch or two soon.

I just had a talk with one of the developer about the ffb. Maybe its going somewhere:) there is also some bugs Inn ffb files so it's going to come a new patch very soon.

FFB is more noise than feedback.
Mk2 from max revs, doesn't spin wheels on snow (bogs down).
Hillclimb BMW is "more steering lock = slower speed and more turn", no wheelspin (or at least not getting sideways) in 1st or 2nd gear on wet tarmac.
Rallycross doesn't feel good at all.
Tarmac rallying have the early 00's sound effects of skidding tyres, feels a bit off as well.
Manual clutch doesn't force clutch usage.
Rallies is one stage that gives points. If a rally is 3 stages, it is points at the end of each stage, and the points are added, not times.

H-Shifter working by default (but not forcing clutch)
Feels ok on gravel.
With bonnet cam it feels a bit better than any other cam
Bonnet cam and xbox controller is actually quite ok.
Buy it on sale, play it with a controller, fire it up, do a couple of rallies, hillclimbs etc before dinner or something, it will work quite well for that.

IMO, not worth full price, sadly it feels like they've taken the features I liked from from the previous games and gotten rid of it, and kept the things I didn't care for. I really wish they would've kept on with the V-Rally 3 career mode, but expanded on it. That would've been awesome.
This "Career" mode, is a bit early DiRT/GRiD ish, with buying cars, unlocking races etc, just with no cutscenes and "coolness" around.

The developer says;
You are right, the feedback in V-Rally 4 is softer and smoother than in WRC 7. This is partly due to the roads being way less bumpy for a more arcade gameplay.

However we prepared something for players who want different FFB settings, so we might be able to find settings that work out better for you.

You can directly edit a config file to tweak FFB settings, if the sliders in the menu did not fix your issues. It is currently located in this folder SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\VR4\Common\Settings\InputFFBConfig.cfg, but please note that in a future update it will be changed to My Documents\My Games\VR4 so be sure to make a backup of any change you make to avoid losing them after the update (the file in steamapps will be overwritten).

We suggest that you try tweaking these settings :
- First of all, in the game menu, increase the "Overall Force" and the "Overall Vibration" sliders to 125 or 150. That way you will have stronger feedbacks.
- In InputFFBConfig.cfg, for the suspensions, try decreasing SuspensionSmallThreshold and SuspensionBigThreshold
- you can also try decreasing SATSmoothFactor to have a more reactive SAT

You can find the full documentation here : https://vrallygame.com/fr/technical-support (click "Configuration" on the top right)

!!
After investigation, we found out there is a bug where this file is not properly loaded. We are sorry about this issue. There will be a patch in the next days to fix this, we will keep you informed.

Regards,

Benjamin.

The developer says;
You are right, the feedback in V-Rally 4 is softer and smoother than in WRC 7. This is partly due to the roads being way less bumpy for a more arcade gameplay.

However we prepared something for players who want different FFB settings, so we might be able to find settings that work out better for you.

You can directly edit a config file to tweak FFB settings, if the sliders in the menu did not fix your issues. It is currently located in this folder SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\VR4\Common\Settings\InputFFBConfig.cfg, but please note that in a future update it will be changed to My Documents\My Games\VR4 so be sure to make a backup of any change you make to avoid losing them after the update (the file in steamapps will be overwritten).

We suggest that you try tweaking these settings :
- First of all, in the game menu, increase the "Overall Force" and the "Overall Vibration" sliders to 125 or 150. That way you will have stronger feedbacks.
- In InputFFBConfig.cfg, for the suspensions, try decreasing SuspensionSmallThreshold and SuspensionBigThreshold
- you can also try decreasing SATSmoothFactor to have a more reactive SAT

You can find the full documentation here : https://vrallygame.com/fr/technical-support (click "Configuration" on the top right)

!!
After investigation, we found out there is a bug where this file is not properly loaded. We are sorry about this issue. There will be a patch in the next days to fix this, we will keep you informed.

Regards,

Benjamin.

Sounds "good", but like I said in the Premium Forum, I like plug and play. I have played around with the in-game settings. I have no issues with the actual feedback, but it rattles worse than rF2 did on it's worst. I live in an apartment, I cannot use a wheel with such noise when I want to ;)

[QUOTE = "andycolh, poste: 2836848, membre: 322701"] Quel fichier? Fichiers de configuration, oui alors j'ai trouvé [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "Ole Marius Myrvold, post: 2836878, membre: 7164"] Ceci est un forum uniquement en anglais. Je suppose que vous utilisez google-translate de l'anglais vers le français, alors je vous invite à utiliser du français vers l'anglais pour poster! ;)[/CITATION]

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.