What steering angle and sensitivity do you use? I'm enjoying V-Rally 4 but at the same time, I'm struggling to find a steering sensitivity setting that's comfortable. Either too much oversteer or understeer - mostly understeer. Some cars seem to handle drastically different from others. DR and WRC 7 I use steering angle of 280 and away I go, but this game doesn't quite work the same.

FFB is fine.

Thanks

Patch Notes version 1.02

Hello everyone,

A new version (1.02) for V-Rally 4 is now available to download on Steam! Read the Patch Notes below for more details on its content.

Feature & Compatibility Improvements
  • The game is now compatible with the D-Box simulator.
  • The Photo Mode is now accessible through the Pause menu.
  • Only keyboard inputs allowed when changing keyboard bindings.
  • The FFB configuration files can now be modified in the documents folder.
Know Issues Fixes
  • Back to main menu after disconnecting steering wheel or pad.
  • Loading crash in some cases.
  • Introduction crash fix.

Im actually enjoying the game, but i've just started. The 4 starter cars are drastically different in handling(it's the differing lvl's of stability i think), and i dunno wtf im doing wrong but i keep coming last and i'm only on 'normal' ai difficulty lol.

My start with this one was pretty bad. :unsure:
I thought... "this won't last long on my hard drive... probably I'll take that 2hrs return policy" and that's because I've start with some crazy discipline, not sure which was it but I remember it was some silly Arizona(?) track. Later...
testing some Rally tracks, amazingly LOoONG rally tracks, using the "random track" option... I realize this isn't that bad.
Looking great (not best but still very very nice) most of the time and know what ? I've never ever been a fan of those insane childish "Gymkhana" tracks but the ones here (named ExtremeKhana) are just... oh man... did you saw that one in Nellis airbase, anyone ? It's just sick, imho.
Not a new RBR rally, neither (unofficial;)) DiRT Rally 2.0 but with open mind approach... you will definitely enjoy this massive game. I guarantee you. :geek:
Just that they fine tune AI a bit more.
They mostly kick my ass on ALL levels:D but they too easy on lowest. And sometimes just inconsistent.

AI is really way off. I'm in a rally championship and 50 is the minimum they let you set. I'm driving an older Porsche and the guy who starts before me is in a modern one. No wonder why I can't compete in this championship! It should be class based.

Edit: Nevermind, the flaky ass AI is to blame. Next stage, I wasn't even driving hard, got 10 seconds ahead and a win?! And then the stage after that, no change of my driving pace... 14 seconds behind.
Probably untested AI, typical of this generation of "early final" games.

Last edited:
AI is not a big deal really when all you care about is flinging rally cars around lovely dirt roads from all over the world. That's half of the reason I love rally. I like experiencing the locations. The more the better. Can't wait to get the Gimx so I can give this one a proper run through.

The random stage thing is quite interesting and I hope that it keeps things fresh for a while.

My start with this one was pretty bad. :unsure:
I thought... "this won't last long on my hard drive... probably I'll take that 2hrs return policy" and that's because I've start with some crazy discipline, not sure which was it but I remember it was some silly Arizona(?) track. Later...
testing some Rally tracks, amazingly LOoONG rally tracks, using the "random track" option... I realize this isn't that bad.
Looking great (not best but still very very nice) most of the time and know what ? I've never ever been a fan of those insane childish "Gymkhana" tracks but the ones here (named ExtremeKhana) are just... oh man... did you saw that one in Nellis airbase, anyone ? It's just sick, imho.
Not a new RBR rally, neither (unofficial;)) DiRT Rally 2.0 but with open mind approach... you will definitely enjoy this massive game. I guarantee you. :geek:
Just that they fine tune AI a bit more.
They mostly kick my ass on ALL levels:D but they too easy on lowest. And sometimes just inconsistent.

I am happy that you went against your first impression after reading my post about the game, and that you enjoy it :)

AI is really way off. I'm in a rally championship and 50 is the minimum they let you set. I'm driving an older Porsche and the guy who starts before me is in a modern one. No wonder why I can't compete in this championship! It should be class based.

Edit: Nevermind, the flaky ass AI is to blame. Next stage, I wasn't even driving hard, got 10 seconds ahead and a win?! And then the stage after that, no change of my driving pace... 14 seconds behind.
Probably untested AI, typical of this generation of "early final" games.
Yeah, you're right about the mixed classes, I tried the mitsubishi on a track i kept coming last in, and I came first lol.

OKay I discovered that adjusting the in-game wheel settings has basically no effect at all, however using the Logitech Profiler software fixed things. Setting the wheel rotation to a very low 180 degrees was the sweet spot for me. Snappy tight but definitely a lot more playable than the default setup.

As we know, the AI is really inconsistent. You can be flying and still be way back or drive slow next stage and be way ahead. Annoying.

But this takes the cake:
Kenya, first section only about 35 seconds long- it says 12 seconds behind. So apparently the first place AI did that section in 23 seconds- physically impossible LOL!

What a crap AI system. Its not like they even need to model it but just had someone play stages and come up with expected times and do an offset of what difficulty changes. Lazy testing as seems to be common in the current game industry.

Completely agree, the ai is an inconsistant mess, would be a joke, but it ruins the career aspect of the game. I can't even begin to figure how this was implemented in the first place, it's that terrible.

[Patch Notes] Version 1.03
Greetings everyone,

Version (1.03) for V-Rally 4 is available to download on Steam! Read the Patch Notes below for more details on its content.

Feature & Compatibility Improvements
  • Added a new FFB (force feedback) parameter (disabled by default) for road feelings.
  • Mapped two new actions to look at each side of the car.
  • Identical controllers added for different uses.
  • Fixed default bindings for some Fanatec wheels: CSL Elite McLaren GT3, ClubSport Steering Wheel Porsche 918 RSR, ClubSport Steering Wheel BMW GT2, ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula Carbon, ClubSport steering wheel Formula Black.
  • Fixed filtering setting for Fanatec CSL Pedals Elite LC.
Know Issues Fixes
  • Added the possibility to skip introduction movies with the gamepad.
  • Fixed device detection for split screen races.
  • Crash fix when opening the Display options menu on some 4K configurations.
Translation
  • Fixed Korean language support.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 424 16.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 284 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 277 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 192 7.6%