V-Rally, now thats a name I have not heard in a Long time, a Long time. It was good in mid 90's when PSX was all the rage, pretty forgettable series.

I saw a few gaming videos...from what I can tell, graphics are in between ps3/ps4 but I personally like it (I don't mind it bar a few things namely the bland white-fog sky I saw in a vid) but the problems for me were the lack of atmosphere ironically for a rally game..there didn't looks to be a lot of spectators..and the immersion looked a little lacking...but the sense of speed looked good! Now normally I wouldn't mind because I'm so occupied with the handling of the sliding car in RBR or WRC4 or WRC rally evolved...so it's not nessecary but I feel a rally game where the controls are moreless mindless "point and shoot" demands some kind of extra atmosphere that you'd lose from having tyres that want to slide like IRL...otherwise the game feels a little unbalanced/lacking in the overall experience.. that said this is an arcade game with some simulation lean/elements and I'm happy to see more rally and racing games in general. I'll try it, hope I'm wrong and it's as solid fun as Gravel was!

Definitely one for the Switch, get my racing fix at work in my dinner hour!

If it's that kind of title, I'd prefer to spend that hour reading and learning about how to set up a race car properly. I will try this title only to see if my wheel is supported. If not, I have no reason to care if it's good or not.

How is the FFB? This might be fun, if has some kind of simcade feeling. WRC7 wasn't all that terrible rally game (by same developer) even leaning towards more sim than arcade. This however looks more arcade in it's theme, so wonder how it handles

If it's that kind of title, I'd prefer to spend that hour reading and learning about how to set up a race car properly. I will try this title only to see if my wheel is supported. If not, I have no reason to care if it's good or not.
I wouldnt, I got an hour journey to and from work. Thats prime racing time with an awesome handheld console. After being battered at work with servers not playing nice I'd rather unwind with a arcadey racer like this instead of having to think even more.

So ?
I actually love WRC 7. :inlove:
Each to his own I guess.
I wish this is close to WRC 7, but I'm afraid it'll lean more to arcade.
God... is this mean we're saying goodbye to WRC franchise ? :unsure:
C'mon Codemasters. C'mon ...anyone. Anyone but Milestone. :D

Apart from some technical issues, WRC7 is a great game (and definitely a sim in my book), so if V-Rally is more of that, then great. Shame about the PC delay, though, I hate when there's a release announcement, only to find out it's just for consoles. Would be nice if that was clear from the title.

Definintely disappointed that I can no longer play WRC 7. I liked it. After I got the FFB feeling reasonable, the physicsa are certainly authentic. To me anyway. My point of reference is Dirt Rally and RBR I guess. I still own it so maybe one day I can revisit it without needing to buy a backup consumer wheel to do so.

I've not played WRC7 but maybe I'll check it out. I'd rank my rally games in order of realism(most to least):

RBR, WRC: Rally Evolved, Gravel, WRC4 (Ps2)

Then again these are the only rally games I'd really play and as usual RBR is the clear winner. Always surprised how Rally Evolved gave an authentic feel for a ps2 game, like RBR did. The big difference for me was Rally Evolved was much more controller friendly than RBR. RBR was too hardcore on the DS2 with all aids off so it demanded a wheel and my DFGT wheel worked great till I broke it on GT6, sadly the G27 wheel does not give great FFB like the DFGT did so I've not been able to play it on PS2 since. I think Gravel is a game that's being overlooked, I played the demo, physics feel pretty spot on for a simcade and it's quite fun on a controller with all aids off.

Definintely disappointed that I can no longer play WRC 7. I liked it. After I got the FFB feeling reasonable, the physicsa are certainly authentic. To me anyway. My point of reference is Dirt Rally and RBR I guess. I still own it so maybe one day I can revisit it without needing to buy a backup consumer wheel to do so.

What do you mean you can't play the game anymore?

What do you mean you can't play the game anymore?

I bought it when I had a CSW V2 and I barely played it while I had it. Now I am on OSW direct drive wheelbase and it does not support the hardware. So I am disappointed that I cannot drive it as I only drove a couple of stages on it while I could.

I bought it when I had a CSW V2 and I barely played it while I had it. Now I am on OSW direct drive wheelbase and it does not support the hardware. So I am disappointed that I cannot drive it as I only drove a couple of stages on it while I could.

Oh right! Well if you have a spare $50 lying around you can perhaps look into a GIMX adapter and if you're configured right and lucky...you'll be able to use your OSW wheel with any console game..

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.