Looks to be another console arcade off road racer if you ask me...

Someone once said that there is no market for a true Rally Sim !

I've hade every single Rally game/sim since the 90's and the only one still used regularly is RBR vanilla version-

I am an rally addict so I surely will give this one a try !
Looks nice !

Odcourse it will be arcade, but I'd like a good arcade racer with fun physics where you can still feel the weight of the car and can throw it around

Someone once said that there is no market for a true Rally Sim !

I've hade every single Rally game/sim since the 90's and the only one still used regularly is RBR vanilla version-

I am an rally addict so I surely will give this one a try !
Looks nice !
Dirt Rally with TemplarGFX mods on P.C. In a motion sim rig, RBR is so old in comparison.

I’m in, like Flyn! Got my motion rig and P.C. all tuned up and eagerly awaiting! V-Rally was good years ago and I won’t compare apples and oranges . September is going to be very, very busy! V-Rally 4 & Dakar 2018 and in the pipeline I hear Dirt Rally 2 in 2019???

V-rally on ps1 was kinda fun back then (i don't remember the exact "name+number" of the one i was playing), hope for another shot at its modern and improved new title

Got my motion rig and P.C. all tuned up and eagerly awaiting!

I HIGHLY doubt we will be seeing motion implemented in this title. I would be rapped if they just include the ability to use proper hardware. Wreckfest is a perfect example of a title that is not trying to be complete hardcore sim (although the handling is fantastic) that still allows the use of proper hardware. I can't believe that I am unable to run games like WRC 7, SLRE, etc. on a direct drive wheel with separate pedals, when Richard Burns Rally, a title from 2004, allows flawless binding of all my gear.

I really really hope that I can give Dakar and V-Rally 4 a crack without having to resort to a controller.

Please explain? Since when did I say ANYTHING about consumer grade wheels? I simply stated that owning high end hardware leaves you with less options to play with given that developers cannot seem to implement standard input detection.

For the record, I spent more time trying to make my CSW V2 and CSP V3 gear be recognised in WRC 7 that I did actually racing it. If it would have picked them up properly, perhaps I would have raced more than the 2 stages that I managed before I upgraded my kit.
Go find the countless threads I have been a part of that helped people sort out problems or make informed decisions as to what hardware best suited their needs based on personal experience. Since I started on a used G25 clamped to my desk, I have more than a decent spectrum of hardware to give feedback on.

Enjoy your consumer gear. I'm sure the time saved configuring it in games will leave you more than enough to fill forum threads with useless trash comments.
Mod Edit: comment removed

Last edited by a moderator:
All you need is Assetto Corsa: Competizione.
If it's the same as AC, only with updated graphics, then that's definitely a no. They should have just updated AC then.

Plus, there's still a chance the rally titles would turn out at least half-decent. I'm particularly interested in trying out Dakar. Judging by the amount of time they have before the release, the chance of them coming up with something good is, indeed, very slim. Who knows... Let's wait and see for ourselves.

Since when are consumer grade wheels (which, by the way, can cost up to 500-600 euros) not proper hardware??? I can build a medium spec PC for that kind of cash FFS.
Just like with Americans that drive lifted trucks (or just trucks in general), DD wheels owners also do need to compensate for something, afterall. Just ignore them and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back