Well, from speculation on other forums, they plan to release V-Rally 4 around the time they would release WRC8, and I expect they wouldn't be allowed to release a competing product.

No one is saying anything definitely yet, but both Dirt Rally and Seb Loeb Rally Evo had real life WRC stages, as I expect they were trying to get the WRC license.

Codemasters are being quite quiet about it at the moment, but have something to announce at some point, rally related.

Obviously Dirt rally didn't get enough funds to continue going in that direction.
And, it wasn't hardcore and/or RBR philosophy.
There is a lot of nuances why you picked the wrong example, like they actually chosen the only model that could work well for games like this - early access with gradual increasing of content, but they stopped it fast and moved on - meaning if they continued on it they'd lose more than they gain.

it's the biggest new for RALLY !!!!
it means KYLOTONN has lost WRC licence so finally a real good developper can try to buy the WRC licence !!

V Rally 4 2.jpg V Rally 4 6.jpg V Rally 4.jpg V Rally 4 5.jpg V Rally 4 3.jpg V Rally 4 4.jpg
Coming to PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch this September, V-Rally 4 will end a 15 year wait for a new entry into the hugely popular rally racing title.

Developed by BigBen Entertainment and Kylotonn Racing, V-Rally 4 is, as the name suggests, the fourth edition to the long standing V-Rally franchise, and thanks to what has been a rather incredible 15-year period since the last entry into the series, the very first V-Rally game to be released on modern generation gaming devices.

The new title looks set to contain over 50 customisable vehicles and has what has been labelled as "a Career mode and an innovative online mode to transform your experience and progress".

V-Rally 4 Key Features:
  • Rally: from Kenya to Sequoia Park, dominate the most difficult routes in conditions that are often extreme, at the wheel of modern and historic vehicles.
  • V-Rally Cross: intense 8-way races on dirt/tarmac tracks.
  • Extreme-Khana: drift, precision and speed, with traps scattered over the roads, putting your driving and showmanship skills to the test!
  • Buggy: become an expert at driving through hilly terrain, adopt the special reflexes and learn the particular physics needed to win these fierce races.
  • Hillclimb: reach the peaks at the wheel of these powerful, twitchy monsters.

V-Rally 4 will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 September 6th, with a PC release scheduled for 25/09 and Nintendo Switch following shortly after.

For more V-Rally 4 news, chat, speculation and all round engagement be sure to check out the V-Rally 4 Forum here at RaceDepartment.com!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to V-Rally 4? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Anxiously awaiting news of support for direct input. My WRC 7 copy became useless when I upgraded to OSW. Just when I made peace with the FFB and enjoyed the lovely stages. I barely got a chance to play more than a handful of stages before I sold the Fanatec gear, which itself lacked support at launch.

We shall see.

I like V-Rally, I like the cars I have seen, HillClimb looks interesting but... I don't know, procedural stages (didn't have exactly a good experience in DiRT 4), close to the launch of F1 and Dakar 18, the game looks worse than WRC7... I saw lot of potential at first, but seems like it have banished.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back