URD PX opinions

I'm sorry for opening another thread if there's an existing one. I have searched for one, but have found none.

Anyway, I'd like to hear your opinions on the "new" URD PX LMP mod. How realistic do you think it is, how does it drive, is it worth buying... Any information is useful. :)

I bought this mod and i must say this is great but one question.

Why is the KERS System weird? Like it takes forever to get it empty and it doesn't have effect on the speed at all. Like in real life it's a lot quicker and it gives a much much much bigger boost... am i missing something?

URDISAPPOINTMENT

the only car ive tried so far, the 919, either has a terrible default setup or its broken...and it wouldnt surprise me if its the latter bc NO EFFORT was made to limit kers or put it on demand, both which surely wouldve been quite simple. the 2015 919 had a big advantage bc it could deploy 8MJ per lap; the SF-15T is limited to 4MJ so this can easily be implemented, & we have push to pass as well, but nothing.... it seems like these guys are just interested in making shiny models; if anyone has any basic (or not so basic) corrections or tips for the setup id appreciate it.

URDISAPPOINTMENT

the only car ive tried so far, the 919, either has a terrible default setup or its broken...and it wouldnt surprise me if its the latter bc NO EFFORT was made to limit kers or put it on demand, both which surely wouldve been quite simple. the 2015 919 had a big advantage bc it could deploy 8MJ per lap; the SF-15T is limited to 4MJ so this can easily be implemented, & we have push to pass as well, but nothing.... it seems like these guys are just interested in making shiny models; if anyone has any basic (or not so basic) corrections or tips for the setup id appreciate it.

Wow dude, <Snip> you should have googled a bit as you have obviously no clue about modern drivetrains.

But let me tell you this:
A) Maybe drive all cars first and then complain.
B) If you can't make a simple Rear ARB setup change to a setup then perhaps don't ever write your opinions anywhere!
C) Modern LMP1 race cars don't have any buttons to deploy energy through (K)ERS:

Like in Formula One, the energy recuperation is pre-programmed and not directly controlled by the drivers. What might be confusing is that unlike in F1 where output from the KERS systems is driver controlled via a steering wheel mounted 'boost' button, in the WEC the KERS output is also pre-programmed. In fact KERS 'boost' buttons are banned in the WEC.

So instead of telling them to make an effort and implement something that doesn't exist, maybe you should learn to google and read before you type. Vollpfosten!

Last edited by a moderator:
wrong everywhere...

Having a bad day, or did someone hack your account? I havent seen you be this rude on a forum before :p

Anyways, having downloaded the update, all the cars drive fine. Not having any troubles at all with the Porsche in particular. Certainly feels quite a lot more manageable than past updates, as it was an oversteery nightmare. Now it is more tame and if you really need to, a few setup tweaks gets rid of all the excess oversteer.

and it wouldnt surprise me if its the latter bc NO EFFORT was made to limit kers or put it on demand,

That's quite a rude thing to say mate. V1.7 only came out about a week ago with V10 tires, and all this fancy pants KERS/MGU stuff. So, they worked pretty damn fast to not only update their cars tires, but to also do other tweaks. Do you really expect them to perfectly implement KERS on the first go? Obviously this mod is a work in progress and going to be tweaked over time... Seeing as how that has been happening for over a year now...

Beside that, it probably isnt so "easy" to implement then if it isnt done as you describe huh? I mean, they dont even have the simple headlight flashing ability... And that is probably a lot more "easy" than KERS to implement... ;)

it seems like these guys are just interested in making shiny models

Agree with you here to an extent, but for another reason.

URD, in my opinion, is stretching themselves far too thin. They have far too much on their plate to adequately dedicate time to each mod, and update promptly. Between the T5 2013, the new T5 2015/6, the EGT cars, the PX mods, the CLR, the Indy cars... and doing most of that for AC and rF2... well, they have too much to do with too few people.

They arent all about shiny models and nothing else. They just dont have enough people to do physics. And we all know a 3d model is easier to make than solid physics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea