URD PX opinions

I'm sorry for opening another thread if there's an existing one. I have searched for one, but have found none.

Anyway, I'd like to hear your opinions on the "new" URD PX LMP mod. How realistic do you think it is, how does it drive, is it worth buying... Any information is useful. :)

I could never keep heat in V6 tires, multiple tire temp apps showed them at or below 60º no matter how hard I drove them (even when using tire blankets) and it often felt like I was driving on ice.
The point that was being made was that the same behaviours can be replicated (with regards to tyre temperature) with V6 or V7. Nothing changed regarding the possibilities that each model offers. Because regarding tenperatures, they are the same. The only reason you saw any difference was because aris had time to properly optimise the behaviours for 1.5 as opposed to 1.4 which, as admitted by aris, was rushed and required more optimisation on official cars.

The point that was being made was that the same behaviours can be replicated (with regards to tyre temperature) with V6 or V7. Nothing changed regarding the possibilities that each model offers. Because regarding tenperatures, they are the same. The only reason you saw any difference was because aris had time to properly optimise the behaviours for 1.5 as opposed to 1.4 which, as admitted by aris, was rushed and required more optimisation on official cars.

I was only referring to Ninjas comment about cold tires, with V6 tires I rarely saw them go above the 50º-60º degree range but with V7 they're normally in the 80º range.

Yeah regardless of it all it was a mistake on my behalf, the cars I was testing with including one of our own had broken parameters, well they were not broken they were just not set correctly.

I dont think there was a mistake on your part... It's pretty well known there were big issues with the tires in the game since v1.3 was released in October with tire model v4 I believe.

Lots of heating issues, camber issues, top speed issues, grip issues, etc. If nothing was wrong with those tm v4-6, why is v7 so vastly improved? Not quite sure why people are saying nothing was wrong with those, when clearly the cars were too slow, and there were a lot of threads in the physics bugs forum that attested to this. Many of which were started by people here saying the tires were now fine all along? :O_o:

But really, v7 is a massive improvement compared to the previous iterations. Ever since v1.0 released Dec 2014, the cars just kept on getting slower and slower, and v7 sees a return of grips/speed/lap times that is close to what was achievable back then. Of course, with the benefit now of a year + of improvements to heating and all the rest.

Luckily this isnt an issue anymore since all cars are now on v7 tires (except mod cars :cry: ), but there is little denying that something was wrong with the past tm's.

Cheers

I dont think there was a mistake on your part... It's pretty well known there were big issues with the tires in the game since v1.3 was released in October with tire model v4 I believe.

Yes there is a mistake on his part. If there were problems it wasn't due to the tyre model iteration, it was because the values used in the tyre files weren't totally adjusted (in part because they had in mind more updates via extra parameters, in part due lack of time, etc).

There are mods using pre V7 tyre model without heating issues.

If there were problems it wasn't due to the tyre model iteration, it was because the values used in the tyre files weren't totally adjusted (in part because they had in mind more updates via extra parameters, in part due lack of time, etc).

Not to argue semantics... but if the values for heating in the tires were wrong (due to lack of time to make them correct) that inherently means the tire models did not work correctly since all of the cars were affected by the heating issues, and other issues due to the wrong data inputted... :rolleyes:

Again, it's nice that all the cars are fixed now.

that inherently means the tire models did not work correctly since all of the cars were affected by the heating issues, and other issues due to the wrong data inputted

I wonder if you read what you quoted before replying. He said mod cars worked fine regarding temperature behaviour on V5, V6 (V5 + 1 global heating multiplier for tuning) and V7 (no difference to V6 in terms of possibilities)

So your point about the tyre models being broken is just wrong.

I wonder if you read what you quoted before replying. He said mod cars worked fine regarding temperature behaviour on V5, V6 (V5 + 1 global heating multiplier for tuning) and V7 (no difference to V6 in terms of possibilities)

"If there were problems it wasn't due to the tyre model iteration, it was because the values used in the tyre files weren't totally adjusted (in part because they had in mind more updates via extra parameters, in part due lack of time, etc)."

"that inherently means the tire models did not work correctly since all of the cars were affected by the heating issues, and other issues due to the wrong data inputted"

Perhaps you didnt read closely mate... This was referring to the base content in the game...

If the data was input wrong, which created problems with heating in the tires. and since each different tire model version is just a revision and improvement of the previous version... the wrong data being input inherently means something was wrong with the tires that all of the cars were on from v4-6. Since v7 now seems to have corrected values, this problem doesnt exist anymore.

Not sure why you are trying to argue this... since it is well known all the Kunos cars had tire heating issues mate...

Anyways, good day to you all. :)

Not to argue semantics... but if the values for heating in the tires were wrong (due to lack of time to make them correct) that inherently means the tire models did not work correctly since all of the cars were affected by the heating issues, and other issues due to the wrong data inputted... :rolleyes:

Again, it's nice that all the cars are fixed now.

That's my take on it too, something was wrong that was causing the tires to not perform properly. Whether it was an inherent problem with the heating model itself or a problem due to unoptimized code doesn't really matter, it had a negative affect on how the cars/tires performed which often felt like driving on cold tires (to some, anyway). Saying the tires have no problems and then turning around and saying the code of the tire model was unoptimized which caused problems seems to just be a semantics argument.

I'm not trying to argue, nor do I know specifically what the problem was. All I know is that at least part of the problem displayed itself by low tire temps which understandably led some of us to believe there was an issue with the tires not heating up. Whether that was actually the case I don't know, but there was clearly an issue which apparently even Aris admitted to.

Regardless, it's fixed so not much point in discussing it further as it's now irrelevant.

• Deleted member 130869

@natedogg1867 please stop repeatedly challenging so many things that you are being told (or you have read) which you may feel contradictory, without the full knowledge of the argument or at least of the people speaking so you know that they are not speaking blindly.

I have been some time out of AC and today I have tried URD LMP1, audi, the two versions I have, also the Mercedes clr_lm, and the shaking Wheel is insane. I have no issues with other URD mods, DTM, GT, and no issues with rest of Kunos cars or other sims, iRacing, R3E, rF2, etc.
Here it´s the video with the first versión but the second has the same issue for my T500RS.
Any help to fix it?

i got that, too...the only thing helped for me was turning the ffb down. it still is very stiff but the shaking is controlable unless you are not letting go on the wheel at highspeed

I have been some time out of AC and today I have tried URD LMP1, audi, the two versions I have, also the Mercedes clr_lm, and the shaking Wheel is insane. I have no issues with other URD mods, DTM, GT, and no issues with rest of Kunos cars or other sims, iRacing, R3E, rF2, etc.
Here it´s the video with the first versión but the second has the same issue for my T500RS.
Any help to fix it?
Have you tried contacting them: http://www.unitedracingdesign.net/#!contact/cqq1 ?

I too have been away from AC and went for a little spin today. In all the URD cars I got a view from under the floor when driving and raise the seat height did not work? Its a week out from LeMan. Any help?
(Sorry if its in this thread somewhere. I didn;t find it in the 14 pages)

Yep, just cycle through the cams and you'll find that the old default view is still there.

The new camera position is defined in a new .ini file called dash_cam.ini and any cars that haven't been updated to include it will give you that 'floor view' instead. If the car has an acd file you'll need to wait for an update but any car with exposed physics can be updated by opening the onboard settings app and saving a dash cam position through the app.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.