URD PX opinions

I'm sorry for opening another thread if there's an existing one. I have searched for one, but have found none.

Anyway, I'd like to hear your opinions on the "new" URD PX LMP mod. How realistic do you think it is, how does it drive, is it worth buying... Any information is useful. :)

Quick note about ERS on PX cars.
We are going to keep ERS in current (infinite power) state until Kunos implement proper splitting of combustion/electric engines on different axles. At the moment cars using dynamic AWD controllers to emulate this.
Example:
0% Throttle - 100% power on rear
100% Throttle - 60% on rear and 40% on front
Combined with kers it gives us right effect like electric motors spinning different axle. And if we add new ERS management system now, it will only hurt car balance. As soon as Kunos deliver needed mechanics we will rewrite PX power units from scratch.

Quick note about ERS on PX cars.
We are going to keep ERS in current (infinite power) state until Kunos implement proper splitting of combustion/electric engines on different axles. At the moment cars using dynamic AWD controllers to emulate this.
Example:
0% Throttle - 100% power on rear
100% Throttle - 60% on rear and 40% on front
Combined with kers it gives us right effect like electric motors spinning different axle. And if we add new ERS management system now, it will only hurt car balance. As soon as Kunos deliver needed mechanics we will rewrite PX power units from scratch.
And it will come after the official ts040 release I hope

Having a bad day, or did someone hack your account? I havent seen you be this rude on a forum before :p
hes got my money, ive got my facts; the way i keep score that puts him well ahead & he just looks silly making a further...show of himself. i dont care about some quote from 2012 or whatever; & while im obviously not a setup whiz, as far as i can tell the problem with the 919 cant be isolated to the "rear ARB", to me it seems to be all over the place; drivetrain, aero, & its definitely not helped by the ffb feeling like something from grid autosport.

if hes not w/ URD (given there was a much more professional response later), it was a bizarre response. maybe he was having a bad day, i dont know.

but basically yeah im going to hold URD to much higher standards than some random (or really any free) mod; they have a very positive reputation & ive supported them plenty so yes the updates quite delayed & struck me as very lackadaisical after all that & i have no qualms about saying so.

that said im glad to hear its still WIP & hopefully some setups will be shared that will help me understand my issues.

Although I think that the Shiro\Nissan is probably one of the fugliest vehicles ever to grace asphalt with it's presence (along with the current gen Audi LMP1 contender), the 3d model is exquisitely made... I'm quite pleased with the EGT and PX1 updates so far.

Last edited:
might do that too, not a bad idea or remove all the mod cars, not too many actually. i think just URD, Mazda 787, Marek's stuff and MAK that's it. KUNOS is doing so well with AC imho, that there are plenty of cars to race with. (yes some mods are stilll fantastic!) but URD PX is not working out for me at all.

"1) can't get rid of oscillation (csw v2) no other car do i have this
2) in the PX1 Shiro, when down shifting, backfire flames are inside cockpit"

Will be checked on #1 and for the backfire flames inside cockpit, do you mean completly inside or just infront of the cockpit? They should be infront actually, Shiro has exhaust infront of the cockpit ;) We need to change the colour there into blue thought.

"1) can't get rid of oscillation (csw v2) no other car do i have this
2) in the PX1 Shiro, when down shifting, backfire flames are inside cockpit"

Will be checked on #1 and for the backfire flames inside cockpit, do you mean completly inside or just infront of the cockpit? They should be infront actually, Shiro has exhaust infront of the cockpit ;) We need to change the colour there into blue thought.

For what it's worth, Im also noticing some oscillation with my Logitech G27. Pretty much anywhere on any track... Straights or corners. There is a slight vibration that is definitely noticeable. Only happens with the PX mod for me. No other mod of any Kunos cars do this.

Aside from that, really enjoying the update to the mod. ;)

Cheers

really enjoying the MOD! thx Ales! but oscillation is anywhere like natedogg1867 wrote. *oscillation is bad, tested also with G29, same issue* (none of the other cars have oscillation with CSW V2 and G29, tested around for some hours :-/ unfortunately could not get rid of oscillation)
PX Shiro (didn't know backfire front of cockpit) but fire comes into cockpit will video it and screenshots will help for sure. thx.for checking into this thread.

I love this mod, simply because I love prototypes more than most other racing cars, but am I the only one finding them too hard to drive? I'm so off the pace with them, it's frustrating, cannot even come close to realistic laptimes either. I am not the best driver, but don't struggle nearly as much with any other cars.

i have massive oscillation on my CSW V2 with formula wheel on all the URD PX vehicles...wish i could test them out but impossible with the massive oscillation

1) can't get rid of oscillation (csw v2) no other car do i have this
2) in the PX1 Shiro, when down shifting, backfire flames are inside cockpit

As a workaround you can try to set on the wheel controls "DRI" to a lower value to dampen the steering wheel movement.
On the CSW v2 wheel base a setting of "DRI 003" is a completely neutral setting of the motor (no dampening effect and no acceleration of wheel rotation is added to the actual wheel, making it a technical neutral setting for the wheel base).
When you set this to a lower value, say "DRI 002" or even "DRI 001", turning the wheel needs a little more effort, as it's rotation will be actively dampened.
It will as a side effect also help, removing oscillation to a degree depending on how strong they are.

As a side note, as noted by earlier posters, especially the URD PX mod does come with very high FFB forces and excessive clipping out of the box.
You will likely have to set FFB on a car to car basis to lower values to achieve similar FFB levels as with Kunos cars.
I hope the clipping will be handled in future builds as the URD mods add fantastic mod content to Assetto Corsa!

As a workaround you can try to set on the wheel controls "DRI" to a lower value to dampen the steering wheel movement.
On the CSW v2 wheel base a setting of "DRI 003" is a completely neutral setting of the motor (no dampening effect and no acceleration of wheel rotation is added to the actual wheel, making it a technical neutral setting for the wheel base).
When you set this to a lower value, say "DRI 002" or even "DRI 001", turning the wheel needs a little more effort, as it's rotation will be actively dampened.
It will as a side effect also help, removing oscillation to a degree depending on how strong they are.

As a side note, as noted by earlier posters, especially the URD PX mod does come with very high FFB forces and excessive clipping out of the box.
You will likely have to set FFB on a car to car basis to lower values to achieve similar FFB levels as with Kunos cars.
I hope the clipping will be handled in future builds as the URD mods add fantastic mod content to Assetto Corsa!

will test it out and go from there, thanks for the pointers, is Dri=003 neutral meaning "pure"?

and I do agree that the URD mods are fantastic addition to AC and quality at that!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%