Apps Universal SimHub Dash for iRacing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Romain me again...
M8 your dash is showing me the pit screen when i'm on the track (show map), and when i'm on the pit it shows the regular dash, yesterday was ok, but today is doing this.
In your manual you said to put "ExternalScript.Auto.Pit.Screen" but i think that source don't exist anymore, so i put Pit enter and pit out on the event triggers.

Since you don't stop with updates on this dash and the simhub leaderboard its a bit old do you have any plans to create a leaderboard, like your relative for iracing?

Thanks again for everything.

Ps: it´s ok, i was running today on a second screen and i had to change the page order, on the wheel dash it runs normally
Sorry.

Last edited:
Hi MJRL!
The "auto pit screen" is still included. It does require event mapping, as described in the documentation.
Under some conditions (jumping in and and out of the car with particular position and timings), it can get out of sequence so I'd recommend keeping manual control (next screen button) to fix it on the fly when it happens
I don't have any short terms plan for an iRacing standing leaderboard. But other people do.
Have a good one!

romainrob updated Universal SimHub Dash for iRacing with a new update entry:

1.54 – Fuel alert settings + Fast repairs left + New V8SC brand logos + Tweaks

- You can now use the new low fuel alert setting from SimHub car settings screen. If the alert is disabled in the car settings, the dash will revert to its default threshold of 3 laps of fuel.
View attachment 338227

- Added the number of fast repairs remaining to the fast repair button.

- Added brand logos for the 2 new V8 Supercars.

- Reduced the "over the line" contextual delta displays duration from 10 sec to 5 sec.

- Adjustment to the Logitech battery script.

- A few...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Romainrob how can I see the relative leaderboard? Just in race mode in iracing? Because in practice sessions I can't see. Congrats for this amazing job
You have to choose some keys A and B in simhub. A and B keys are for nex and previous screen.
You have the manual on the folder app

Hi Nelson!
1. Map buttons in the “Dash Studio” “Settings” screen to control the dashboard manually.
2. Use the "Show previous dash screen" or "Show next dash screen" button to cycle between the main screen and the pit screen.
3. Use the "Trigger dash action A" and "Trigger dash action B" buttons to cycle between the 3 pages of the main screen.
Notes: You can get away with only 2 buttons. For example: "Show next dash screen" + "Trigger dash action A".

I have two iPad 2's running 9.3.5. When I use this dash, the webpage in safari crashes. If I use my Google Pixel 1 XL, the dash works fine. I have the latest version of Sim Hub and the latest version of the dash (updated yesterday). I did read that iOS wasn't supported but it seems to be fixed in the latest update. Will it work?

I have two iPad 2's running 9.3.5. When I use this dash, the webpage in safari crashes. If I use my Google Pixel 1 XL, the dash works fine. I have the latest version of Sim Hub and the latest version of the dash (updated yesterday). I did read that iOS wasn't supported but it seems to be fixed in the latest update. Will it work?

Hi Wogboy.
Despite the recent fix, older iOS devices wil still crash when using/loading heavy dashes. I've heard it's a memory management issue of Safari. From my testing with this dash, the iPad 4 crashes, the 12.9 1st gen and iPhone 6S are doing ok. I'm not surprised the iPad 2 crashes.
The idle screen seems to be the main culprit. Disabling it may help, but it may not be enough.

Is it possible to add wheel lock up lights and to have the shift lights go from the outside to the middle like the amg gt3 or bmw m8 gte? Thanks

Hi Hasole! I'm afraid not. Not really. iRacing doesn't offer dedicated data for this. So it wouldn't be accurate enough to be meaningful and wouldn't match to the ingame ones.

Hi Wogboy.
Despite the recent fix, older iOS devices wil still crash when using/loading heavy dashes. I've heard it's a memory management issue of Safari. From my testing with this dash, the iPad 4 crashes, the 12.9 1st gen and iPhone 6S are doing ok. I'm not surprised the iPad 2 crashes.
The idle screen seems to be the main culprit. Disabling it may help, but it may not be enough.

Ah I tried that but no good. I think you're right. Even some of the default dashes with the iPad 2 will crash the web app so I guess your dash isn't the culprit.

What ram requirements do you think your dash requires? I'm looking at selling these two iPads and getting a cheapish Android tablet just to use your dash on. It will be a dedicated simhub screen. Any recommendations?

Ah I tried that but no good. I think you're right. Even some of the default dashes with the iPad 2 will crash the web app so I guess your dash isn't the culprit.

What ram requirements do you think your dash requires? I'm looking at selling these two iPads and getting a cheapish Android tablet just to use your dash on. It will be a dedicated simhub screen. Any recommendations?

Hi.
I'd say 2Go for IOs. Idk for Android, but less.
Old Android devices will have similar loading/crashing issues. I think it's something to do with the OS version.
I used to run the dash on a 2016 Kindle 7". Despite behing very slugish device overall, it did fine running dashboards.
I wouldn't go much smaller then 7" for this particular dash. I'm now using Samsung galaxy Tab A. It runs fine, and 10" is real improvement, if can put it somewhere it's easy to look at while driving.
A more powerful device might run smoother but cheap Android tablets can do the job in a acceptable fashion.

Having some trouble getting the dash screens to change. I mapped next dash screen to the keyboard (keyboard functions are enabled in the settings) but for example on the WRC dash, all I can see is the M-sport splash screen and can not change it to the actual dash showing gear, rpm, etc.

Anybody have any ideas? I am using a 5" display from simdisplay with the external LED's.

Edit: I can cycle dash templates using the keyboard but I can not cycle dash screens even though I mapped those buttons in the settings. I can only see splash screen (brand name) of each dash.

Edit 2: It looks like its specific to Romaines dasheboards as I can cycle dashes just fine with default simhub templates.

Last edited:
Having some trouble getting the dash screens to change. I mapped next dash screen to the keyboard (keyboard functions are enabled in the settings) but for example on the WRC dash, all I can see is the M-sport splash screen and can not change it to the actual dash showing gear, rpm, etc.

Anybody have any ideas? I am using a 5" display from simdisplay with the external LED's.

Edit: I can cycle dash templates using the keyboard but I can not cycle dash screens even though I mapped those buttons in the settings. I can only see splash screen (brand name) of each dash.

Edit 2: It looks like its specific to Romaines dasheboards as I can cycle dashes just fine with default simhub templates.

Hi Tzanido,
As described in the documentation, you can use next/previous screen to change screen and ActionA/B to change the page of the main screen.
If the dash is stuck on the idle screen, double check SimHub and the game are connected, as the dash will automatically switch from idle to the main screen.

Hi Tzanido,
As described in the documentation, you can use next/previous screen to change screen and ActionA/B to change the page of the main screen.
If the dash is stuck on the idle screen, double check SimHub and the game are connected, as the dash will automatically switch from idle to the main screen.

Thank you, I got it working. Do the dashboard allow for an external Led shift lighting? I have the 5" simdisplay that has the leds built in, is there an option in simhub to enable them for your dashboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes