Universal Number Plate Template (GIMP)

Skins Universal Number Plate Template (GIMP) 2.3.20240205.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
Not yet, but I can throw it in the queue of series to be investigated.
If you know of any good sources of reference photos, I'll take a look.
Thanks!

The British GT website has a gallery section which, while full of photos of people, also has some good photos of the cars & their plates, from bonnet plates & door plates to the rear bumper/boot class stickers.

zerobandwidth updated Universal Number Plate Template (GIMP) with a new update entry:

UPDATE: Old stuff.

This update adds some plate styles related to older series and some additional fantasy series.

• American Le Mans Series (ALMS)— 2013-styled plates with all class colors (P1, P2, PC, GT, GTC). Fortunately they seem to use the same background colors that the WEC and ELMS are still using, so producing all the background fields was easy. :D These are good for the Ferrari 458 and BMW Z4 GT2 cars that are in Assetto Corsa if you feel weird badging them for modern IMSA.

Read the rest of this update entry...

If anyone knows of series that tend to have long rectangular plates instead of square ones, feel free to suggest them here. I'm working on a new addition to this resource...
WRC.2019.left.example.png

Also up next on my investigation queue: JGTC and SuperGT.

In a late answer to @GeForce06's earlier inquiry, I've posted links at the bottom of the Overview tab, leading to other people who have already created some British GT plates. From now on, if I get any requests, I'm going to search them on RD and link to them instead (if they're good). That way, other people who have already done this work will get the credit, and I won't have to do it again (and maybe not as well as they did). ;) If I can't find anything I like well enough to endorse it, then I'll add it to my list.

zerobandwidth updated Universal Number Plate Template (GIMP) with a new update entry:

UPDATE: Audi TT, Bathurst, and rectangles.

Added to the original template in this update:
Also added is a new template for series that use long horizontal rectangles instead of squares:

UPDATE: Turning Japanese, I Really Think So

This update adds plate templates for two Asian series.

The SuperGT plates include the basic frame that's common to all seasons (with the Autobacs banner on top)...

UPDATE: SRO GT World Challenge America 2020

YAY NEW STUFF

The first race of the SRO GT World Challenge America series for 2020 was streamed today, and with it, we get our first glance of what's in store for us in the post-Blancpain/Pirelli sponsorship era. It seems Rebellion has taken over, and the GTWC America series is running three different number plate formats.

First, the plates on the doors are the classic square layout, with a Rebellion banner across the top, a...

UPDATE: More really old stuff.

This update includes plates for the following series:

According to research, SRO were not yet using separate class badges in conjunction with the number plates; only the plate color indicated...

If anyone knows of series that tend to have long rectangular plates instead of square ones, feel free to suggest them here. I'm working on a new addition to this resource...
View attachment 342919

Also up next on my investigation queue: JGTC and SuperGT.

In a late answer to @GeForce06's earlier inquiry, I've posted links at the bottom of the Overview tab, leading to other people who have already created some British GT plates. From now on, if I get any requests, I'm going to search them on RD and link to them instead (if they're good). That way, other people who have already done this work will get the credit, and I won't have to do it again (and maybe not as well as they did). ;) If I can't find anything I like well enough to endorse it, then I'll add it to my list.
I know that this is likely to be both niche and time-consuming, but would it be possible to create number boxes for different rally events, e.g. Rallye Monte Carlo? If you don't want to, I completely understand why due to the sheer quantity of different rally events over the years and the variety of primary event sponsors.

I know that this is likely to be both niche and time-consuming, but would it be possible to create number boxes for different rally events, e.g. Rallye Monte Carlo? If you don't want to, I completely understand why due to the sheer quantity of different rally events over the years and the variety of primary event sponsors.

Yeah, that's one of the issues with rally plates, for sure: the sheer number of one-off plates for each event makes it far less "bang for the buck" as knocking out a plate that applies to an entire season like IMSA, WEC, etc. Also there just haven't been enough rally cars in AC to really put it on my radar yet. That said, though, there are some common elements that might make certain plates easier; for example, a "Rallye Monte Carlo" plate with an editable year. And there are a few nice rally cars out there that might make a rally plate set more interesting. I'll take a look and we'll see what happens. Thanks! :D

UPDATE: New 2021 plates

Added to the square template:

* 2021 IMSA WeatherTech LMP3 class
View attachment 466655
* 2021 SRO GT4 America (Pro-Am, Silver, Am classes)
View attachment 466656View attachment 466657View attachment 466658
* 2021 SRO TC America (TCX, TC, TCA classes)
View attachment 466659View attachment 466660View attachment 466661
* Fantasy Series: SimRacingSystem / Pro Sim Racing

Added to the rectangular template:

* 2021 SRO GT4 America rear badges (Pro-Am, Silver, Am classes)
* 2021 SRO TC...

Hey! I love your Number Plate, very easy to use and accurate! However, I do have some criticism. I recently downloaded all of the fonts you provided in the folder, but unfortunately it has come to my attention that the Helvetica Neue is not a very high quality font. At smaller sizes, this font mixes up different characters, making it extremely confusing to read--this also means that it transpires across the web (whichever websites use Helvetica Neue will be effected). For a few days, I was stumped about this font-fiasco, but I homed down on the troubling font that caused any description to look like a muddled mess.

If it at all possible, try to find a better version of the Helvetica Neue font, but I know it is difficult. Honestly, if you can't find any then just leave a warning about the font or don't include it at all--it left me frustrated for quite some time. ;)

As you can see, a larger point is clear and eligible.
neue1.png

But the smaller point changes the lower case 'c' into an 'o' and changes a lower case 'i' into an upper case 'I'.
neue2-png.471528

Example of an article using the font from the web:
font.png

Attachments

• neue2.png
    neue2.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 394

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.