Universal Number Plate Template (GIMP)

Skins Universal Number Plate Template (GIMP) 2.3.20240205.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
the font keeps changing when I try to change it (BTCC 1999). I apologise in advance, I'm more used to Photoshop hence why I'm still not familiar with GIMP. Perhaps I'm missing the font so where can I find the font needed for this numberplate?

Last edited:
the font keeps changing when I try to change it (BTCC 1999). I apologise in advance, I'm more used to Photoshop hence why I'm still not familiar with GIMP. Perhaps I'm missing the font so where can I find the font needed for this numberplate?
That particular font (Brush Hand) was not freely available last time I assembled the pack — at least, not that I could find. It does seem to be available now, however, on several sites, including at FontsGeek here. I'll include it in the next pack, but for now, you can follow that link, download and install the font manually, and you should be fine. Thanks for pointing this out and helping to improve the package. :)

hello, i Would like to use these for rfactor 2. I can just use the photos of them to put them on the car, but i need to know what font the asian le mans series number is? Thanks

That's why I couldn't find it. Don't use GIMP. Suppose you can't make a Photoshop version ? Or just share the font ? I'd be forever grateful, man.
The font is Brush Hand. It will be included in the next version (whenever I get off my butt and release one) but for now it's available at the link.

GIMP and Photoshop don't seem to like exchanging files (each chooses to ignore some critical information in the other's file format) so porting the template to Photoshop just hasn't been practical. I chose a long time ago to work with GIMP instead of Photoshop because GIMP is freely available and works in any OS and doesn't cost more than a real car. If a one-step conversion comes along that can preserve all the formatting and organization of the template then I'll start posting instructions for it on the download page.

I just tuned in to the SRO Fanatec CT World Challenge opener at Monza and their number plates have been completely redone. Guess I've got some work ahead of me again this season... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Well that seemed easy. Maybe it's about time I actually uploaded a new version, eh?

Attachments

• SRO.GTWC.EU.2023.sample.png
    SRO.GTWC.EU.2023.sample.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
zerobandwidth updated Universal Number Plate Template (GIMP) with a new update entry:

UPDATE: It's been a while...

I actually had to just compare the front page to the list of layers in the file to figure out exactly what I've added since the last time I posted, because I haven't even been keeping track. :roflmao:

• updated instructions for IMSA WTSCC for 2022 and 2023
  • SRO GT World Challenge Europe 2023
  • NLS 2020+
  • BritCar Praga Cup 2022
  • Fun Cup UK
  • Fantasy: "Absolute NASCAR Blasphemy" (standardized number plates for NASCAR)
  • Fantasy: Plebian Racing
  • Fantasy: Pro Sim...

Read the rest of this update entry...

zerobandwidth updated Universal Number Plate Template (GIMP) with a new update entry:

UPDATE: Surprise! It's the Le Mans Centenary plates.

Sorry for the churn of releasing two updates in three days, but I just saw this article about the Garage56 Hendrick program and it's fully decked out in its 24hLM livery — including this year's updated number plate! So I threw together a new version for this year's Le Mans centenary. This update includes not only what I assume to be the "normal" plates, but also a black "Invitational...

UPDATE: The 2024 North American Dentistry Update

There are a lot of LMP3 car mods for Assetto Corsa and rFactor2 these days, and there are a lot of IMSA series that are running LMP3 cars. Low Fuel Motorsport's recent addition of Assetto Corsa support includes use of the Duqueine D08 and an excuse to produce these plates. And so this update focuses on proper badging for these entry-tier prototypes.

Included in this update are:
  • an update to the IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship plate with the 2024 LMP3 field color
  • a new...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes