Universal Number Plate Template (GIMP)

Skins Universal Number Plate Template (GIMP) 2.3.20240205.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
zerobandwidth submitted a new resource:

Universal Number Plate Template (GIMP) - A single GIMP .xcf file that includes templates for number plates in several race series.

This isn't a full skin, but a resource for creating skins — yet another template for number plates. This is a single, editable GIMP image that includes templates for several sports car racing series. It is organized as several layer groups for various sanctioning bodies (WEC, ELMS, IMSA, etc.), further subdivided by series, class, etc. To make a number plate, just show the appropriate layers, edit the car number, and (optionally) export to a flat PNG or other image. These exported images may...

Read more about this resource...

zerobandwidth updated Universal Number Plate Template (GIMP) with a new update entry:

Universal Number Plate Template (GIMP) Fantasy Update

While the original template pack included plates for real race series, this update is primarily focused on some recently-popular fantasy leagues.

WHAT YOU GET

New number plates for the following:

• VLN Endurance (sort-of)
    • Author's Note: This is not quite accurate to the actual VLN plates, but it's pretty close, and they seem to change drastically every year anyway.
  • Ginetta GT4
    • Author's Note: This is an adaptation of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi!
Very nice work !
These a way to open this in photoshop ?
Or can you please make it possible to open this photoshop?

Thanks!:)

I have only GIMP available, as I just can't justify the cost of Photoshop. I will tinker with it and see if I can export a .psd that preserves the layer information. However, GIMP is free, so... if all else fails, you can just install GIMP to open it.

I have only GIMP available, as I just can't justify the cost of Photoshop. I will tinker with it and see if I can export a .psd that preserves the layer information. However, GIMP is free, so... if all else fails, you can just install GIMP to open it.
"File > Save As" in GIMP is reserved for saving native GIMP XCF files. GIMP has limited support for PSD images because the PSD format is a proprietary format owned by Adobe. However, exporting is usually fine and layers are preserved. However import of PSDs created in Photoshop can be problematic.

zerobandwidth updated Universal Number Plate Template (GIMP) with a new update entry:

Update for IMSA Endurance Cup 2019

Just in time for the Roar, here is an update to the Universal Number Plate Resource to include all of the classes from the IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship and Michelin Pilot Challenge (formerly Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge). These are based on the preview images and videos available from Roar practices and from IMSA's website.

Enjoy!

WHAT YOU GET

New layers for the following classes:

• IMSA WeatherTech Sports Car Championship 2019
    • Daytona...

Here's the new 2019 IMSA MPC TCR badging in use on my freshly-updated SEAT.
preview.jpg

A completely-redone version of this template is coming soon, featuring:

• a much larger 512x512 resolution suited for developing 4k skins
  • the real DHL banner for WEC 2017-2018
  • angled plates for DTM
  • the new SRO GT Challenge 2019 badges
  • Pirelli World Challenge 2018
  • the actual VLN from 2017+ (Rowe)
  • the actual VLN 2016 (Premio)
  • all of the fonts used that are not Windows-defaults
  • several of the individual image assets scavenged from across the Internet

a teaser:

version_2_teaser.jpg

Last edited:

Universal Number Plate v2

This update is a complete rework of the Universal Number Plate file for GIMP. It includes nearly all the same stuff as the previous iteration, and adds the following:
  • angled DTM plates (in both slanty directions)
  • Global MX-5 Cup roundels in black and white
  • Blancpain/SRO GT Challenge (2019) PRO, PRO-AM, and AM classes
  • SRO TC America (2019) TCR and TC classes
  • VLN (2016)
  • VLN (2017)
  • WEC (2017) with the correct DHL...

Added the SRS Jean vs. Zerobandwidth Challenge series.

As part of the upcoming Jean vs. zerobandwidth series on SimRacingSystem, the number template has been updated with the plate design from its custom livery pack. Anyone designing their own custom livery for this series is encouraged to use the black-on-white format; the dark-background ones are for the series hosts.

View attachment 312907 View attachment 312906 View attachment 312908

UPDATE: New series and better organization.

This update brings a couple of nice IMSA-related improvements.

UPDATED: IMSA WeatherTech Series Templates

The IMSA WeatherTech series plates have been completely reorganized so that they can support creation of plates simulating any year from 2015-2019, in any of the various classes that have existed since the merger. Since this is complicated there's a set of instructions included with the file; just open the included instructions-IMSA-WTSCC.html in any browser.

ADDED: IMSA...

While I'm not actually using this resource and hate to be rude, can i point out that in 2019 the Blancpain series have white backed plates with black numbering across all classes. It would be appreciated if you do make the change, to keep the black and red backed versions of AM and PRO-AM that you've already made because I honestly believe to be nicer and more practical. But for the sake of authenticity, they are all the same apart from the small coloured box at the bottom.

1573771624196.png

Thanks and sorry for the bother!

While I'm not actually using this resource and hate to be rude, can i point out that in 2019 the Blancpain series have white backed plates with black numbering across all classes. It would be appreciated if you do make the change, to keep the black and red backed versions of AM and PRO-AM that you've already made because I honestly believe to be nicer and more practical. But for the sake of authenticity, they are all the same apart from the small coloured box at the bottom.

View attachment 334537

Thanks and sorry for the bother!

Not rude at all! I hadn't noticed that they'd made that change. Thanks for the tip!

UPDATE: SRO Kyalami 9-Hour 2019!

Well, that was shockingly easy, given that it was based on the current Blancpain plates, the race logos were easy to find, and GT World had an awesome-quality live stream of the race that provided excellent reference screenshots. :D

Now you can have commemorative Kyalami 9-Hour plates to go with the brand-new Kyalami track for Assetto Corsa... or whatever other game you make liveries for...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 132 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.1%
  • < 5 years