Authorised Vendor TrueBrake Brake Pedal Mod for Logitech G27/G29/G920

Im considering buying this but I have had issues with all three pots spiking on my pedals so upgrading the brake would be pointless if the throttle/clutch start acting up again. They have been fine for a while after cleaning but could go haywire at any time. If a company like AXC were to make a similar, simpler mod to replace the throttle/clutch pots too they would be very popular.

There is no adjustment on this pedal either is there? Can it also be calibrated with something like DiView?

Im considering buying this but I have had issues with all three pots spiking on my pedals so upgrading the brake would be pointless if the throttle/clutch start acting up again. They have been fine for a while after cleaning but could go haywire at any time. If a company like AXC were to make a similar, simpler mod to replace the throttle/clutch pots too they would be very popular.

There is no adjustment on this pedal either is there? Can it also be calibrated with something like DiView?

Not too hard to swap gas/clutch to Halls https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/g27-g29-hall-sensor-mod.190696/

Basic calibration can be done in Windows or Logi software and there are a few mechanical parts included for slight mechanical adjustments.

I just got mine on this week and had opportunity to install it to my G29 pedals. This made a whole lot of difference!
I just couldn't get the feel of the basic G29 pedal system where the potentiometer measured the travel, so this mod instantly felt more consistent at my braking with non ABS cars in Assetto. However I got to get familiar with it, because to reach 100% brake level I have to push it so hard, my office chair with stoppable casters just can't keep up with the pressure I apply to the pedals.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there anybody who is using this mod with Playseat Challenge, Next Level Racing F-GT or GT Lite? Or maybe a set of stationary glide would do the trick with office chair?

Anyway, I think I'll be very happy with this mod when I'm getting used to it!

Cheers!

Something to temporarily connect the chair the pedals would help.
Example:

Another example:

This isn't a good photo as it was showing something else but for my pedals I screwed them to a board with a hole cut out into which a caster/foot can be slotted:
(just about visible in the final photo)

My TrueBrake mod just got delivered, and I was wondering which spacer folks are using with this kit? Trying to get an idea what effect each spacer has since it's a bit of work to swap them out.

And is it necessary to calibrate the pedal in the logitech app after installation, or is it an in game calibration?

Thank you.

My TrueBrake mod just got delivered, and I was wondering which spacer folks are using with this kit? Trying to get an idea what effect each spacer has since it's a bit of work to swap them out.

And is it necessary to calibrate the pedal in the logitech app after installation, or is it an in game calibration?

Thank you.
I am using the second largest of the four I received. I got my TrueBrake mod in October 2020.

Thank you.

I use the 2nd largest option, which gives a not too small amount of freeplay.

You have to recalibrate your pedals after you install the mod!

I've finally ordered the Derek Spears cable allong side the brake mod and it really makes a differance.
(http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=187 )
If you havent got one yet,you really should.
Just plug it in,it's automaticly recognised and windows installed some drivers,after that just callibrated in Content Manager(or ingame i guess) , and happy racing.

It also seems as if my throttle is more accurate, but maybe that's just me.

And i'm using the biggest spacer of the 4 provided with the brake mod.

@Csabulator :

You can adjust the deadzones ingame,or Content Manager, and in doing so you can adjust the travel range of your(in this case) brake pedal.
Out of my head i think i have my brake peddal deadzones set on 20%-65%.
And by setting the end deadzone to 65% you dont have to push like crazy to get full brake power.
You may want to set it on 70% or maybe 55%, just play with it and see what works for you.

Throttle pedal also some minor deadzones as well as the clutch pedal but they"re less then the brake,i dont know them out of my head right now.Can check if you wish though. :)

G25 here.

Last edited:
@Csabulator :

You can adjust the deadzones ingame,or Content Manager, and in doing so you can adjust the travel range of your(in this case) brake pedal.
Out of my head i think i have my brake peddal deadzones set on 20%-65%.
And by setting the end deadzone to 65% you dont have to push like crazy to get full brake power.
You may want to set it on 70% or maybe 55%, just play with it and see what works for you.

Throttle pedal also some minor deadzones as well as the clutch pedal but they"re less then the brake,i dont know them out of my head right now.Can check if you wish though. :)

G25 here.

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try!

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try!

If you encounter a lot of spiking in your brake pedal bar in callibration, you really should think about getting this cable by Derek Spears.
it really helps a lot,so much more finesse in your brake output.(and throttle).
It will give you a much smoother diagram/bar with less spikes,especially when holding 1 position with your brake pedal.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there anybody who is using this mod with Playseat Challenge, Next Level Racing F-GT or GT Lite? Or maybe a set of stationary glide would do the trick with office chair?

I'm using a NLR F-GT lite & just installed the truebrake <24hrs ago. Using the rig in position 1, it sometimes causes the plastic bits connecting the pedal frame to the main frame to lift slightly(as attached). Do note the rig itself doesn't lift/bunny hop, only the plastic bits. This mostly happens when I'm trying to engage the final 80-100% of braking force required in GT sport. Though this isn't of much concern unless I consciously pay attention to it.

Somehow I don't always get full braking force with the same amount of load applied everytime. I wonder if it's because I've yet to get completely familiarised with the truebrake or if it's the buffer I'm using (largest one with the least freeplay).

Yet to experiment with the other buffer sizes. Perhaps I'll try them out & see if it helps reduce the maximum force required to reach 100% brake force.
Screenshot_20210304-122143_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20210304-123724_Gallery.jpg

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here, I appreciate it!

Just an update on my side: I asked one of my friend to lend me his Playseat Challenge to try out, because I heard that it can have issues (which can be remediated by DIY stuff) and I can confirm. In my case, like yours with the NLR F-GT Lite, where the pedal connects to the seat it just raised when I was braking nearly 100% of braking force. I modified the seat position and applied 2 thick foam rolls to raise the back of the seat and since then it not raised, but the whole thing started to flex.

I think the sweet spot is somewhere around what @Martijn van Bommel mentioned, that maybe decreasing the maximum level of brake power and finding the sweet spot which fits your personal style and needs.

Installed the brake mod in my G27 pedals and I’m not sure if it’s for me. Feels like i only have 25% of the pedal travel and it’s incredible stiff. I can’t really press the pedal for 100% braking.

I recalibrated the brake pedal in iRacing and set braking force to 1.0. Still have to push incredibly hard to get close to enough pressure for decent braking, like my leg is getting sore...

Is that normal? LOL

Installed the brake mod in my G27 pedals and I’m not sure if it’s for me. Feels like i only have 25% of the pedal travel and it’s incredible stiff. I can’t really press the pedal for 100% braking.

I recalibrated the brake pedal in iRacing and set braking force to 1.0. Still have to push incredibly hard to get close to enough pressure for decent braking, like my leg is getting sore...

Is that normal? LOL

Yep. It requires a lot of force to have 100% brake power. I started to use shoes, so my legs not getting sore as yours.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back