Authorised Vendor TrueBrake Brake Pedal Mod for Logitech G27/G29/G920

Hi Keith,
It is £44.99. If you're in the UK or EU then its +VAT.
Ah ok, understood thanks for clarifying.
Can you tell me, is there any value in ordering yet (big backlog of orders or something), or should I wait till nearer July when parts are available?

Thanks

any estimates for availability? Just visited the site and says that's only available for back order
Hi Fernando,
The situation is as described on our website. We are waiting for a large order of one particular part which is delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic. The factory that manufactures the part has had to close down for non-essential work from 1st April to 31st May.

There is nothing we can about the delay of the part. In the meantime we are doing everything we can to make sure we are ready for when the shipment arrives.

Thanks
Rob

Ah ok, understood thanks for clarifying.
Can you tell me, is there any value in ordering yet (big backlog of orders or something), or should I wait till nearer July when parts are available?

Thanks
Sure. If it was me I would get the order in (I would say that though! :whistling:). There's a pretty big queue.

Its a frustrating situation. What's been really great has been the number of supportive emails from customers we've received since we announced the extended delay.

Sure. If it was me I would get the order in (I would say that though! :whistling:). There's a pretty big queue.

Its a frustrating situation. What's been really great has been the number of supportive emails from customers we've received since we announced the extended delay.

Curious, when I ordered it was batch 4 set for delivery May 25 (should have been in on batch 3 but by the time I completed payment it was batch 4..), does the shipment you are waiting for affect batch 4 as well or is that only affect batch 5?

Curious, when I ordered it was batch 4 set for delivery May 25 (should have been in on batch 3 but by the time I completed payment it was batch 4..), does the shipment you are waiting for affect batch 4 as well or is that only affect batch 5?
Hi,
Last Friday you should have received an email we have sent out to all customers with outstanding orders. Can you please contact us if you didn't receive it.
The delay affects all outstanding orders. We have parts scheduled to arrive the last week of June and we'll be shipping TrueBrakes out from Monday 6th July.

Thanks
Rob

Looking forward to trying this. At the moment I mostly turn up the abs smash the pedal and hope for the best! Doesnt feel anything remotely like a real life brake pedal.

Looking forward to trying this. At the moment I mostly turn up the abs smash the pedal and hope for the best! Doesnt feel anything remotely like a real life brake pedal.
You're right, it doesn't.
I'd forgotten how bad it was - I had a GTEye spring in there and it just broke an hour ago - I was in F1 2019 Free Practice at Hockenheim when the brake broke.
While I was at the medical centre the team put the original G27 spring back in, and I managed to get back out there to test it.
I'd forgotten how weak it is.

Still, at least I can keep racing, and now I'm looking forward even more to the TrueBrake arriving.

You're right, it doesn't.
I'd forgotten how bad it was - I had a GTEye spring in there and it just broke an hour ago - I was in F1 2019 Free Practice at Hockenheim when the brake broke.
While I was at the medical centre the team put the original G27 spring back in, and I managed to get back out there to test it.
I'd forgotten how weak it is.

Still, at least I can keep racing, and now I'm looking forward even more to the TrueBrake arriving.
I currently use the GTeye spring too but am considering trying the Truebrake mod instead. Please let us know what you think about it in comparison to the GTeye spring when you can. Thanks.

Will do. I hope to receive my TrueBrake sometime in July when they start shipping again & I'll report back after I've clocked up some miles with it.

Hi Rob why don't you create an economic load cell kit and stop all discussions?

+

+
calibrated spring

Yesterday I found @GeekyDeaks DIY LoadCell mod. Started reading about it, and later I've found TrueBrake and now not sure what to choose:

1) GeekyDeaks DIY LoadCell
+ real load cell (much more reliable than any pot-based solution?)
+ ?price (it's unknown ;-)
- not compact DIY hard to install
- 3D printed body(fragile?)
- not G29 firendly because progressive curve, but according to @GeekyDeaks it can be corrected in firmware

2) TrueBrake
+ easy to install
+ durable body
+ compact
- not really G29 friendly(because G29 pedals firmware[or maybe it's wheel firmware?) output got progressive curve, and it's dumb pot output)
- not real load cell
- pot based(and whe know that pot wears after time. Why not hall-effect rotary position sensor in place of pot?) Is it easy to buy off-the-shelf part?
- pricey (mine g29+shifter+stand in mint condition costed 120GBP, while TrueBrake costs 71GBP with VAT+shipping to Poland)

3) Ricmotech LC27 Load Cell Conversion Kit
+ real load cell
+ ricmotech quality
+ compact and easy to install
- not really G29 friendly(because G29 pedals firmware[or maybe it's wheel firmware?) output got progressive curve, and it's dumb pot output)
- $130 is nearly as much as I've paid for G29+shifter+stand combo, so it's probably designed

So as I understand no solution would be ideal with G29 progressive output curve in firmware, so maybe the best idea would be to exchange G29 pedals for G27 one, which got linear output curve, right? (Or maybe G27 pedals firmware could be dumped and programmed into G29? or maybe it's wheel firmware, not pedals firmware?)

So @AXC SIM could you explain why pot-based solution is worth the price and why you haven't used hall-effect rotary position sensor, which are much more reliable, got similar size and could be used in place of potentiometer(excdpt it would need supporting electronic, but I think that reliability it's worth of it). I think that many simmers would be happy to pay over $100 if you would provide hall-based upgrade solution for or the pedals.
I also don't like manipulations, like selling marketed as designed for G29 pedals, showing linear output curve on graphs(which would be true for G25 and G27, but we knows that G29 does converts it by firmware to aggressive/progressive output curve, so it will make your solution non-ideal(and should be marketed for G27, with disclaimer of consequences of G29 firmware).
I'm not saying that your solution is rubbish, but not ideal, and I'm still evaluating if it's worth to mod, especially if it would be not durable over years(because pot based) and as a not habitual gamer, that used maybe 20 times(wanted to sell it, but daughter said no) I would be very dissapointed after finding that it failed after few years of light usage.
@AXC SIM: You claim 2years warranty and after-sale repairs and parts, but UK will be out of EU laws soon, so it will mean import fees and pricier shipping(which is already not cheap to Poland), so I wonder if potentiometer(that will probably fail) is a standard of-the-shelf product that everybody can buy easily in their country?

Hi @badpixel - I replied on github, but I'll copy here too as I think it's easier to discuss with others who have experience.

I would not worry too much about the mapping of the G29 wheel on the brake voltage output. We plotted it out and it's not particularly aggressive and more a gentle curve.

85073548-e73c3880-b1b2-11ea-8f97-8358e58f3869.png

If you plan to use it with a PC and you have a spare arduino, then you might want to consider something like this to bypass the wheel https://github.com/n-e-y-s/G27_Pedals_and_Shifter

TrueBrake is a fairly low-cost option, especially if you just want to improve the pedal and not take on a project to tinker with! :). It is still a pot, but it's not as exposed as those in the G29/G27 etc, so I would not expect it to suffer the same issues with dust.

If you want to go the DIY option and would like a PCB, PM me in here and I'll post one over foc.

A good fitting guide and review for those interested

Yeah, I saw that as well. Tomorrow we'll see how a solution he came up with worked out. If I'm not mistaken, he was the first to post about a cheap and easy way to change the Logitech shifter into a sequential with nothing more than an o-ring and a couple screws. Hard to beat some good solid ingenuity though, so we shall see.

Last edited:
I just i installed it.

I was highly sceptical after watching this video

But i saw this one

I thought, why not give it a try.

Its actually pretty cool!

Mine came today and had 4 different sized bushing caps, i opted for the smallest bushing because im trying to get as close to the same brake pedal feel as my actual car.

With the smallest bushing cap I have a small deadzone with a soft initial feel with a little bit of travel similar to, but a bit less than, my actual car. Enough to slow the Williams f1 car at really low speeds in iRacing.

Once you increase to medium or moderate, to heavy braking, the pedal gets really stiff. Almost like the oem rubber brick or a 3drap stiff bushing where you can keep applying pressure even though the it feels like the pedal has reached the end of its travel, with one key difference.

The key difference to me is the rubber brick was super unpredictable. The 3drap bushing (console version, so probably one of the softer versions of the bushing) I got was great and got rid of a lot of the unpredictable feeling, but still had some inconsistencies in feel and pedal travel especially towards the end of travel. Probably something to do with the infamous "logitech brake curve".

I feel like to trigger the ramping of the brake curve using the true brake mod, you would have to practically stand on the brake pedal. Or maybe the curve just works really well with how the true brake is designed/engineered.

I cant speak on the richmotech loadcell as i havent tried one, but the Truebrake mod feels like what most people describe the feeling you get with a loadcell, on the richmotech websites loadcell reviews.

Left foot breaking feels really good. Once i calibrated the pedals, tweeked a few brake force settings in the game settings and on the actual car set up, it only 2 or 3 laps around Zandavoort in the F1 car to get used to the feeling and get consistent braking results.

Im going to have to relearn how to brake with my right foot all over again, I'll practice a bit in a fixed setup MX5 in iracing and report back.

For the price and feel, i definitely recommend.

I find the way he gets a little sidetracked pretty entertaining, like how he ends up showing his circlip plier set in this one :). I think he is the only youtuber for whom I turned notifications on

Usual good stuff from him though, showing the brake travel and the internal construction etc...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back