Track Map Display (Extended)

Apps Track Map Display (Extended) 4.7.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey AW939,

Wanted to do a little sanity check on myself. I've been using your v2.4 for the past couple days, and just installed v2.5 earlier today (both clean installs).

In both the new Free-Roam Color and Free-Roam Class modes: seems to be an issue with auto-filtering the traffic drivers by name prefix on all the servers I've tested.

View attachment 582498 View attachment 582499
View attachment 582500

Attached are two examples of servers running AssettoServer with generated AI traffic. Both (all) cases the traffic driver names are "Traffic XX" and the servers are setup to use the same cars for traffic as the drivers. Tag settings for the app are set to defaults. As an experiment I tried changing the Traffic Name Prefix setting to both "Traffic " (with a space after) and "Traffic," both with no change in result.

As a counterpoint, when connecting to a server that uses traffic-specific cars that I have manually tagged in Content Manager with the #traffic tag, these cars do get filtered and rendered correctly in the new Free Roam Color and Free Roam Class modes (with the new default settings of a smaller grey circle). Screenshot of this behavior also included below, for reference.

View attachment 582501

Wanted to check in and see if any others are seeing different/correct behavior? Or if I have overlooked something.

Thanks again.
Interesting, I've only tested this with standard AI offline and it seemed to work fine (with different names of course). Your config seems correct as far as I can tell. Maybe something is different with the driver names on an online server. I'll check if I can find the problem and solve it. Otherwise I might contact you again.

Edit: send you a message with a test build, maybe you could test that, to see if it helps.

Last edited:
Has anyone asked for the ability to rotate the map? If not, consider this the first request. :)

I was using it the other day and wishing the "front straight" was straight up and down.

Has anyone asked for the ability to rotate the map? If not, consider this the first request. :)

I was using it the other day and wishing the "front straight" was straight up and down.
Actually I did just implement that :D coincidence I guess. But I'll need some time to make this correctly configurable per map. But the basic rotation is working.

First of all, many thanks for the addon.
Could you please add a new icon color for a car that is standing and not moving on the track?
Nice idea, for now it's only possible to hide stopped drivers, but maybe multiple modes for that might be nice. I'd plan to implement "Show", "Custom Color", "Hide" (and the current stop button would then rotate through the modes)

spin_me_right_round (1).gif

Ohhh this is satisfying :D

Last edited:
is there a way to change the color of the currently active car from light blue to red? All my other apps is showing active car in red, so it's a little confusing :)

I've added a section on how to update the track maps from within content manager to get "nicer" maps (the gif contains a little spoiler for the next version): https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/track-map-display-extended.51962/

is there a way to change the color of the currently active car from light blue to red? All my other apps is showing active car in red, so it's a little confusing :)
I can definitely make it configurable. Colors are currently based on SubStanding. I guess I'll make it configurable in both apps then.

Hi, i just dl 2.7 and the map is invisible. App with options are here but there is not the map.
Hi @Avesh7, this sound like a bug in the app. Would you send me the info content from the py_log? (Please see F.A.Q on how to gather the information https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/track-map-display-extended.51962/)

Did you use the "recording" feature at some point (with that track)? I noticed a problem with that, that is going to be fixed with the next version. It could be linked.

Last edited:
Hi @Avesh7, this sound like a bug in the app. Would you send me the info content from the py_log? (Please see F.A.Q on how to gather the information https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/track-map-display-extended.51962/)

Did you use the "recording" feature at some point (with that track)? I noticed a problem with that, that is going to be fixed with the next version. It could be linked.
py log :
map_display.py[ERROR]: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "apps/python/map_display\map_display.py", line 1351, in render_work
mapDisplay.render_callback()
File "apps/python/map_display\map_display.py", line 779, in render_callback
self.render()
File "apps/python/map_display\map_display.py", line 837, in render
display.render()
File "apps/python/map_display\map_display.py", line 383, in render
ac.ext_glSetTexture(self.map_texture, 0)
TypeError: function takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

I don't used recording.

Last edited:
py log :
map_display.py[ERROR]: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "apps/python/map_display\map_display.py", line 1351, in render_work
mapDisplay.render_callback()
File "apps/python/map_display\map_display.py", line 779, in render_callback
self.render()
File "apps/python/map_display\map_display.py", line 837, in render
display.render()
File "apps/python/map_display\map_display.py", line 383, in render
ac.ext_glSetTexture(self.map_texture, 0)
TypeError: function takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)

I don't used recording.
Which CSP version do you have? This error sounds like a CSP incompatibility. I think you need at least 0.1.76 now (not yet updated in the overview). I can look into it, whether I can make it backwards compatible. But it seems like the function I use from CSP was changed in that version.

Edit will be compatible in next release with CSP >=0.1.73. I've implemented a fallback.

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 108 69.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 41 26.3%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 31 19.9%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 21.2%
  • No 3pa registration pages