Track Map Display (Extended)

Apps Track Map Display (Extended) 4.7.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Anyway thank you for your work

It's unbelievable I started playing the game in the same time your mods came out
The new version provided within 2.10 passed all Virus tests, so I hope it's working fine now. (It's quite big though with >20MB instead of the previous 14MB and original 8MB, because I had to disable parts of the compression)

Last edited:
Is it possible to add the start/finish line and the big question make the map dynamic.

Working well on my system though so thank you for the great work so far

Is it possible to add the start/finish line and the big question make the map dynamic.

Working well on my system though so thank you for the great work so far
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean with that. (Might be a bit small though in the default size of the app on 1440p+ monitors)
The start finish line is already included in the dynamically generated apps (since 2.9) and is per default red. And what do you mean with "make the map dynamic"?

1658193455281.png

If you have used the Track Map Display app before, you might need to switch to that map first in game (bottom left button with the arrow symbol), as per default these generated maps (introduced with v2.9) are only selected on tracks opened for the first time (since originally installing the app).

Last edited:
AW939 updated Track Map Display (Extended) with a new update entry:

V2.10

• add sector and DRS indicators to generated maps
    • only possible if /<track-layout>/data/overlays.ini (for sectors) and /<track-layout>/data/drs_zones.ini (for drs) exist for the given track layout
    • the overlays.ini with the sectors info does not exist for a lot of modded tracks
  • increase standing still threshold to 1m/s
  • updated App Icon
  • updated create_png.exe compilation...

Read the rest of this update entry...

There's a problem in the track configuration (not with the app). Seemingly the kunos map does not require the properties this app does but gets them differently.

In the file content\tracks\anti_grip_grip_club\data\map.ini are values defined about the map, that "Map Display" reads to scale and position everything correctly. In this example the track states:

WIDTH=260.9711
HEIGHT=258.9882

which should be the width/height of the map.png (in content\tracks\anti_grip_grip_club\). But the image is actually 460 by 458.

So adjusting that file to contain

WIDTH=460.9711
HEIGHT=458.9882

it's looking perfectly fine for me. Hope that helps. If this happens with more tracks I'd assume that the problem is in there. Maybe I can find a solution to at least calculate these 2 values instead of relying on that file, but I'm not sure about that.

Sweet, that fixed it, thanks! I've also run into a few other maps with the same issue, where the actual map.png dimensions were different than in the .ini file, but at least now I know how to fix it. Is it possible for the mod to read the dimensions of the actual map.png file versus relying on what's specified in the .ini file?

Last edited:
Hello there. Was just curious if a rotating map would be an option for future updates? So that your car is always the point of reference facing foward and the rest of the map rotates accordingly. That would be a neat option to have too. Thanks for all your hard work. My fave minimap in AC, so much better than the stock one :)

Sweet, that fixed it, thanks! I've also run into a few other maps with the same issue, where the actual map.png dimensions were different than in the .ini file, but at least now I know how to fix it. Is it possible for the mod to read the dimensions of the actual map.png file versus relying on what's specified in the .ini file?
For that additional dependencies would be required, that are not really available. So I'd most likely need another .exe execution, which really seems like an overkill. So sadly all the options there are have a big influence on the package...

Hello there. Was just curious if a rotating map would be an option for future updates? So that your car is always the point of reference facing foward and the rest of the map rotates accordingly. That would be a neat option to have too. Thanks for all your hard work. My fave minimap in AC, so much better than the stock one :)
I'm not sure. So it's possible to rotate it, but since I don't really want to cut out the map and zoom in (which would be a whole different app, because the rendering of the map needs to be completely different) you would get a really big rotating block. I will think about it, but I am not sure whether I'd add such a mode. Depends on whether it really brings any benefit without zooming in and only seeing part of the map.

Edit: I found a way to crop the rendered elements (so to not have a huge map over the whole monitor but really just in the app window, currently this is not done. With negative spacing in the window options you can get a bigger map than the app)
With that I could "easily" implement a zooming function, but the performance would be pretty bad without further optimizations. And it's only available with CSP > 0.1.76.
So I'll see if I can get such a mode in with reasonable effort. I guess it would make sense to have 2 windows then, one for the overview and one for the driver perspective...

There is a way working in the latest CSP version (partially bugged in 0.1.76 still). I might create a second ingame widget for this player relative minimap (that rotates with and centers the selected driver and allow zooming)

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean with that. (Might be a bit small though in the default size of the app on 1440p+ monitors)
The start finish line is already included in the dynamically generated apps (since 2.9) and is per default red. And what do you mean with "make the map dynamic"?

View attachment 583839

If you have used the Track Map Display app before, you might need to switch to that map first in game (bottom left button with the arrow symbol), as per default these generated maps (introduced with v2.9) are only selected on tracks opened for the first time (since originally installing the app).
I run in 3840 x 1024 and what I mean by dynamic is that the map turns with the car as it goes around the track as it does in race07.. Yes I know I'm very very old =)

I run in 3840 x 1024 and what I mean by dynamic is that the map turns with the car as it goes around the track as it does in race07.. Yes I know I'm very very old =)
Something like this?
ezgif-1-29d3627faa.gif

I'm currently implementing this with the driver in the center of the window and the map rotating around him, also the map is intended to be more zoomed in and cropped, so that you only see the area near yourself (exactly the area you can see in the gif, but with additional zoom settings).

This will potentially be a second widget, so that you can have both in parallel on your screen, sharing some data also to not have double the calculation.

But for now the generated images are not really meant for that. Big maps will have really big lines (or are still quite zoomed out) while smaller maps might be zoomed in to much. So I guess this mode would need to come with a different image generation mode as well, that is more adaptive to the track sizes.

Last edited:
That's what I meant yes , not sure a constant speed rotation is in order as in tight infield tracks requires a fast turn but a long track like spa or le mans would need a slower turn , so speed related rotation perhaps.

It does really help old gits like me that struggle to remember which way the turns are on an oval ^^

Short preview for the upcoming update (sorry recorded in 30fps, so it's not really a smooth video and driving with a controller, so the driving is not on point as well :p):
- deleted video as the update is released now, you can see it for yourself ;) -

Still a lot to be done before a release.
In the bottom left you see the new and second widget "MapDisplayMini" (I know that it's not really more "mini" than the other, but what do I know about names...) I still have to implement all the different configurations. Currently these widgets still affect one another.

Last edited:
Short preview for the upcoming update (sorry recorded in 30fps, so it's not really a smooth video and driving with a controller, so the driving is not on point as well :p):

Still a lot to be done before a release.
In the bottom left you see the new and second widget "MapDisplayMini" (I know that it's not really more "mini" than the other, but what do I know about names...) I still have to implement all the different configurations. Currently these widgets still affect one another.
Amazing job, you should be hired from Kunos....

Anyway I'll ask you there 'cause maybe the other project is finished and you didn't read the forum...
in the Substanding Extended mode there's the option "top drivers always visible" in every mode but the Relative one... maybe it's a "bug" solvable in some seconds I don't know

Have a nice day!

Amazing job, you should be hired from Kunos....

Anyway I'll ask you there 'cause maybe the other project is finished and you didn't read the forum...
in the Substanding Extended mode there's the option "top drivers always visible" in every mode but the Relative one... maybe it's a "bug" solvable in some seconds I don't know

Have a nice day!
Thanks for the message about that. Didn't notice there were messages in that thread. Answered there :)

Could you add icon colors for very slow cars on the track?
I guess "very slow" is hard to define. Some corners might require speeds of less than 50km/h, in some cars maybe 50 is full speed. So it'd need to be relative to the max speed of the car I guess? And I don't think that's accessible. So I'm not sure how I could add such a mode so that it's not too specific (or constantly blinking) :cautious:
But I'll think about something that's flexible enough. I don't think it will be in the next release though

Last edited:
AW939 updated Track Map Display (Extended) with a new update entry:

V3.0 - Second Mini Map

• add second widget MapDisplayMini
  • - mini map that has the focused driver in the center and rotates with the car
  • - update map generation scripts to allow for adaptive render sizes based on track size, to have consistent details
  • - quality configurable for the Mini Map as Px per meter directly influencing the output resolution of the generated image. Bigger is better quality (but longer generation and...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Something like this?
View attachment 584002

I'm currently implementing this with the driver in the center of the window and the map rotating around him, also the map is intended to be more zoomed in and cropped, so that you only see the area near yourself (exactly the area you can see in the gif, but with additional zoom settings).

This will potentially be a second widget, so that you can have both in parallel on your screen, sharing some data also to not have double the calculation.

But for now the generated images are not really meant for that. Big maps will have really big lines (or are still quite zoomed out) while smaller maps might be zoomed in to much. So I guess this mode would need to come with a different image generation mode as well, that is more adaptive to the track sizes.
Exactly :)

Hi, any reason as to why I can't see the app, even after following the instructions regarding installation? Previous versions have worked for me, but even after enabling the app I still can't see it

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 176 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 48 18.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.0%
Back