Track Map Display (Extended)

Apps Track Map Display (Extended) 4.7.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
V2.3:
I dont know why, but when i change the Color Mode in CM settings to "Class Based"
(wich i would prefer to always be)
1657265817390.png

It works for 1 session, when i leave the session and come back to the settings it is reverted to "Position Based" automaticaly (wich is pretty anoying), Any solution to this?

Last edited:
V2.3:
I dont know why, but when i change the Color Mode in CM settings to "Class Based"
View attachment 580386
It works for 1 session, when i leave the session and come back to the settings it is reverted to "Position Based" automaticaly (wich is pretty anoying), Any solution to this?
There might be a bug in there. I changed the code again in the end and maybe didnt test everything.

I can only look into it on tuesday though. Maybe even later,
:(

V2.3:
View attachment 580386
Until then you could try to manually adjust the settings_defaults.ini in the app folder and set the color mode default in there to "class". Maybe it doesnt switch back then

Last edited:
To add to the subject of freeroam tracks and spotting human drivers in traffic, it would be great if this app could interact with the teleport function we now have.

You click on a player dot and you can choose to teleport on the nearest spawn, save some hassle when you dont know the spawn names even after lot of kms driven on a track (me with LAC).

Not sure if this is even possible, maybe more to do with LUA than Python...

Last edited:
Until then you could try to manually adjust the settings_defaults.ini in the app folder and set the color mode default in there to "class". Maybe it doesnt switch back then
Thanks for the response,
I tried reinstalling, and now switching the color mode in the settings_defaults.ini to "class" but it still reverts to "Position Based" after leaving a game session, not a huge deal though, since i can change the color mode ingame by clicking the color button.

I'm happy to wait until whenever you can look into it.

Thanks for the response,
I tried reinstalling, and now switching the color mode in the settings_defaults.ini to "class" but it still reverts to "Position Based" after leaving a game session, not a huge deal though, since i can change the color mode ingame by clicking the color button.

I'm happy to wait until whenever you can look into it.
I've found the error... a typical copy paste error. I will release a fix as soon as I am back home (next week)

If you want to fix it locally already you could open the "map_display.py" file and change the line 600 to
Python:
config["GLOBAL"]["colormode"] = str(colorMode)
Only the last part of the line needs to be changed.
Really sorry about that :(

To add to the subject of freeroam tracks and spotting human drivers in traffic, it would be great if this app could interact with the teleport function we now have.

You click on a player dot and you can choose to teleport on the nearest spawn, save some hassle when you dont know the spawn names even after lot of kms driven on a track (me with LAC).

Not sure if this is even possible, maybe more to do with LUA than Python...
Interesting idea, I've not seen a teleport function yet in python, but I can check. Maybe it's possible to get this working

Last edited:
Maybe a specific "traffic tag" (so like the class tags but just used to detect traffic cars, maybe an additional switch to detect traffic either by driver name or vehicle tag) + circle scale/hide traffic and disable position options... Would that help texts?
Yes, I think that with your current class-based tagging and custom-color options, a very clever solution, you’ve already gotten all of us 95% of the way there; and the spot-on ideas you’re suggesting here for additional driver-name filtering (ie. for the common case of servers that run more-standard non-traffic-specific cars as traffic) and circle display/hiding options would truly be icing on an already delicious cake :)

I haven’t gotten a chance to try your latest update with the class filtering for myself yet, but I will look forward to driving with it tomorrow!

@AW939 my friend, once again I would like to express my gratitude for going above and beyond.

Do I need to remove the regular track Map Display app before installing this one? I've installed this extended version and I cannot see any difference. Plus, the cars are still shown as arrows on the track, not circles, plus I'm missing some option buttons on the side of the map. My feeling is that I'm doing something wrong here...

Do I need to remove the regular track Map Display app before installing this one? I've installed this extended version and I cannot see any difference. Plus, the cars are still shown as arrows on the track, not circles, plus I'm missing some option buttons on the side of the map. My feeling is that I'm doing something wrong here...
I've never tested that, but it should get overwritten I think.

Using content manager you could select "Clean install" maybe that helps?

I've never tested that, but it should get overwritten I think.

Using content manager you could select "Clean install" maybe that helps?
Yep, I found another issue I had, CM didn't copy the mod files correctly, so I was not seeing the extended version of the app, only the original one. So after removing both versions, I manually copied the files in place and now it works!
Thanks!

Last edited:
@Jonah Hax @Everton300 @Mike V. fix for the colorMode switch was released as 2.3.1

after one start and switch to the correct mode it should work. The first load with the new version might still have the same issue as it's an issue with saving the value rather than reading it, so you need to exit AC once with the new version (after selecting the mode you'd like to use ingame or in CM)

Last edited:
Sorry, but the plugin not work on my CM...

I try to install and reinstall many times and nothing works...
I've updated the FAQ, could you try to send me the information from the py_log as mentioned there after an install and start?

Do you have other installed apps that work? Otherwise you might need to activate the app first in CM and ingame
1657581382495.png
1657581508874.png

and activate CSP
1657581708465.png

Last edited:
@Jonah Hax @Everton300 @Mike V. fix for the colorMode switch was released as 2.3.1

after one start and switch to the correct mode it should work. The first load with the new version might still have the same issue as it's an issue with saving the value rather than reading it, so you need to exit AC once with the new version (after selecting the mode you'd like to use ingame or in CM)
Thanks a lot, great work. followed your instructions, and indeed the update fixed the issue.

Hey AW939,

Wanted to do a little sanity check on myself. I've been using your v2.4 for the past couple days, and just installed v2.5 earlier today (both clean installs).

In both the new Free-Roam Color and Free-Roam Class modes: seems to be an issue with auto-filtering the traffic drivers by name prefix on all the servers I've tested.

free_roam_class_LAC.png free_roam_class_srp.png
Screenshot 2022-07-14 175502.png

Attached are two examples of servers running AssettoServer with generated AI traffic. Both (all) cases the traffic driver names are "Traffic XX" and the servers are setup to use the same cars for traffic as the drivers. Tag settings for the app are set to defaults. As an experiment I tried changing the Traffic Name Prefix setting to both "Traffic " (with a space after) and "Traffic," both with no change in result.

As a counterpoint, when connecting to a server that uses traffic-specific cars that I have manually tagged in Content Manager with the #traffic tag, these cars do get filtered and rendered correctly in the new Free Roam Color and Free Roam Class modes (with the new default settings of a smaller grey circle). Screenshot of this behavior also included below, for reference.

free_roam_colors_nsuka.png

Wanted to check in and see if any others are seeing different/correct behavior? Or if I have overlooked something.

Thanks again.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 36.6%