Track Designing Competition

Sorry it took me a while to think of something. Anyways, find an abandoned airfield somewhere in Britain and make a circuit that can be used by any series in Britain (junior formula, touring car, sports car). Make it Road America / Spa-esque so be between 3.5 and 4.5 miles. This will not be a circuit F!1 will likely ever race on.

Oh sorry.

Create a Grand Prix circuit at the Eurospeedway Lausitz, but design it around the west high-speed area. Not in the tri-oval we're all used to, the DEKRA test course
Eurospeedway-Lausitz-Dekra-Test-07.b400e75f7c8cbfc6828566f56e03df51.png

@rubaru wins.

I am going to however throw out an open challenge to everyone. Miami have just announced that the downtown circuit will not be possible for F1, so they want to design a track around the new Hard Rock Stadium for the Miami Dolphins. Design an F1 circuit that surrounds the stadium.

I knew long ago the layout in Miami was not possible. To much construction to make the hairpin work at the end of the bridge. And I feel like it accidentally got replaced my the same design when Hanoi was announced.

In addition to the challenge from @Jimlaad43 I will offer my own. A couple years ago I set a challenge for a Rally stage to be run near my home in southern York County, Pennsylvania, USA (specifically I live near the Town of Shrewsbury). I also said that I would use the winner's course and prepare an on-board video and post online for all to see. I never had the ability back then to do it, but now I have a dashcam available and can do just that! So, that is your challenge. Keep it around 10km or so just to keep the video at a reasonable length. We have a lot of farm land, forests, and rolling hills to keep things interesting. And most of the roads here are tarmac, so no gravel or private roads please.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back