Thomson Road Grand Prix

Tracks Thomson Road Grand Prix 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Friction values have changed slightly for the update. I have split the track into old road (0.97), new road (0.98), pit (0.98), hairpin bend in pits (1.2), grass (0.7), rough grass (0.65 / 0.06 damping). Time penalties have been removed, and laps are disallowed in Qualifying if 4 wheels go onto the grass anywhere around the circuit. In the race, I figured if you go that far off line, you will lose enough time anyway.

Had quite an encounter tonight at Thomson :D

XSMdXth.jpg

Dont know if its related to the track or AC in general but that was funny as hell. Its not everyday you get to jump through a gigantic baloon in a vintage car :cool:

Doesn't it feel a totally different beast, with TM10? I really like it now - it feels much more predictable to me.

And I am glad you are enjoying the track - its popularity has really taken me by surprise :confused:

Do did, yes, but even so... :unsure:

Perhaps I need to adopt an attitude more like some mod-makers on this forum, whose comments I read today, about their own work. They go along the lines of:
- "No one will miss this release!"
- "This will blow you away when it is released!"
- "I won't need to publicise my work as everyone else will be so amazed by it that they will do all the publicity for me!"

I really don't think that's my style, but then, I don't charge for my work so I guess I don't have to blow my trumpet quite as loud ;)

I was running Crew Chief with Thomson Road the other day and had some issues with it.

I did a race weekend with Ford GT 40's and I got error logs in crew chief all the time. Crew Chief was working but seemed to think the end of the lap was 2 turns before the last chicane.

The Crew Chief mod maker had a look at it and reported this :

Jim Britton : OK, looking at the data for the Thompson GP track, the game reports that there are 4 sectors but there don't appear to be any at all - the game reports that the player is always in sector1. I don't think it'a possible to work around this in Crew Chief

Any thoughts ?

What do Kunos say? "As designed..."

Thomson Road has 4 Time Attack gates (Start/Finish plus 3 others around the circuit), which works without issue in AC. The problem seems to be that the plugin expects to find 3, and will not accept more than 3.

I don't plan to change my track, so I think your only solutions are to stop using the plugin, or to delete the entry for one of the checkpoints in the overlays.ini (CHECKPOINT_3 would be easiest). This would, of course, cause a checksum error should you try and use the track online.

What do Kunos say? "As designed..."

Thomson Road has 4 Time Attack gates (Start/Finish plus 3 others around the circuit), which works without issue in AC. The problem seems to be that the plugin expects to find 3, and will not accept more than 3.

I don't plan to change my track, so I think your only solutions are to stop using the plugin, or to delete the entry for one of the checkpoints in the overlays.ini (CHECKPOINT_3 would be easiest). This would, of course, cause a checksum error should you try and use the track online.
While I have absolutely no intention of doing anything to Thomson Road Gran Prix, I'm glad I caught your post to @cerebralvortex - I will lock this away in the ole memory bank that I call my brain, in case I encounter this situation in the future with a different track. :)

I have not seen this problem myself, but then I have not tried the track since Kunos updated the AI code. Maybe it is related to that :unsure:

Which car were you using, and on which level of difficulty? I will try to replicate the issue myself - it's possible that I can adjust the AI spline or the aihints file.

Thanks for pointing this out (and for trying my track) :thumbsup:

I never experienced this -- and I was hooked on this track, running many different races with different cars. Like Fat-Alfie said, I haven't tried since the new AI was installed. Hopefully I will remember to give it a go when I next have a chance.

I have not seen this problem myself, but then I have not tried the track since Kunos updated the AI code. Maybe it is related to that :unsure:

Which car were you using, and on which level of difficulty? I will try to replicate the issue myself - it's possible that I can adjust the AI spline or the aihints file.

Thanks for pointing this out (and for trying my track) :thumbsup:

I was driving the Toyota Celica against a random grid made up of 15 AI including the Celica, Fiat Arbarth Assetto Corse and Mazda MX5 Cup...AI set to 90% with 5% difference and aggression set to 50%...I just tried another 2 races and the same thing has happened...I can make a recording if necersary or any screenshots you might need of my settings if that would help?.
One other thing...if I was to buy you a beer or 2 and include a download link, may I, with your permission, use your circuit on my server?...it really is a good circuit :)
Cheers
EDIT
To ALB123...good to see someone with a good taste in music :) ...I have had the privelage of seeing Mr. Gilmour play with Floyd on 2 different tours :)

Last edited:
Ok, thanks for the feedback. I'll run a test today, using those settings, and see what I can find.

I'm glad that you enjoy the track :) I assume by server you mean online MP racing. If so, of course you can use it, and no need to ask permission. If you mean hosting a download, then no, I would rather just keep it hosted here on RD so I can pick up on any issues or feedback like you gave today :)

Will report back with my AI feedback :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back