Thomson Road Grand Prix

Tracks Thomson Road Grand Prix 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
really due to replay you will not keep it?

The fps slow down on these two cameras is probably due to the dof settings used on em...

I always have less then 60 fps in replay.
It would be my prerogative, but I meant for my videos. The track is great and I enjoy it immensely. I always have 60 fps on my replays on other tracks.
The creator of the track sent me a pm and we are talking to solve the issue. And I think your fov remark was spot on.

Last edited:
30965057d5.jpg

4466024600.jpg

Thank You!

Thank You!

Thank YOU :)

I have been in love with this track for around 3 months now, and I really would have expected to be bored of it by now, working on it every day. I am amazed that other people seem to enjoy it as much as I do :geek:

I have even tried to include our Console Cousins, just so they don't feel left out ;) :D

I worked on fixing the penalty issues this morning, which seems to be working fine now. I am just waiting to hear back from our resident tame racing driver for his opinion :roflmao:

Just...wow! Another stunner from Fat-Alfie. Simply gorgeous. The beautiful trees that line the race track blew me away on my first lap (911 Turbo S). I love the signs; the placement of people; the placement of everything. You sure know how to put in all those "little things" to make a track look & feel wonderful.

While I've only driven this track with the Porsche 911 Turbo S, I have no doubts at all, regarding the ability of this track to provide excellent racing for both Street & Race Cars alike. Perhaps not even vehicle will be suited for Thomson Road, but I'd be willing to bet the vast majority would be.

Welp...There goes my evening. First Bilster Berg and now Thomson Road. :D :cool:

As always, thank you so much for your additions to the community. You rock. :thumbsup:

Just...wow! Another stunner from Fat-Alfie. Simply gorgeous. The beautiful trees that line the race track blew me away on my first lap (911 Turbo S). I love the signs; the placement of people; the placement of everything. You sure know how to put in all those "little things" to make a track look & feel wonderful.

While I've only driven this track with the Porsche 911 Turbo S, I have no doubts at all, regarding the ability of this track to provide excellent racing for both Street & Race Cars alike. Perhaps not even vehicle will be suited for Thomson Road, but I'd be willing to bet the vast majority would be.

Welp...There goes my evening. First Bilster Berg and now Thomson Road. :D :cool:

As always, thank you so much for your additions to the community. You rock. :thumbsup:
The 911R have a thing for this track... Goes dancing beautifully, lifting smoke and screaming happiness :D

Found a minor issue last night when we were trying joker laps using the pits. The invisible wall on the inside of the hairpin in the pits caught a couple people out. Might be worth having something visual there maybe.

Very minor issue compared to the cartwheeling Porches though

Well, that just serves them right for cheating! :p

That is good point though :thumbsup: I am guilty of neglecting the pit area slightly :redface: I will be sure to add some kind of visual barrier around there before the update comes out :)

Thanks to @TheReaper GT I have fixed the FPS issue approaching the Devil's Bend. It was a high concentration of camera_facing objects (400 spectators along the edge of the track which you barely see, 600 bits of rubber debris on the corner itself, another 800 spectators in the 2x grandstands at the corner). I just reduced some of these amounts and it seemed to do the trick :thumbsup:

I've noticed that some cars have troubles leaving pits. They drive out of pits and straight to the wall/trees on the right side just after the hairpin. Cars I've noticed doing this are Lotus 98t, Ferrari 312t, Porsche 908h. 312t and 908h also seems to have troubles handling that jump/crest before the bus stops. Maybe worth to mention that I have driven in race weekend practice only so far.

Those are the only issues I've noticed. Otherwise this is a stellar job. You have a great eye for details. Thank you for making this.

I've noticed that some cars have troubles leaving pits. They drive out of pits and straight to the wall/trees on the right side just after the hairpin. Cars I've noticed doing this are Lotus 98t, Ferrari 312t, Porsche 908h. 312t and 908h also seems to have troubles handling that jump/crest before the bus stops. Maybe worth to mention that I have driven in race weekend practice only so far.

I haven't noticed the pit-exit issue myself, but will investigate. As for the Hump, I think I have done all I can there, to make the AI line as direct as possible, but I will double check before the update is released.

oh one more thing on the tags, you should add: "historic"
my list of good historic tracks is too short without it :)

Done - thank you :)

@Fat-Alfie

Forget that pit problem. It happens only if two or more cars are leaving the pits at the same time and are partially inside eachother. And even then it doesn't happen everytime. So I guess it has nothing to do with your track but the AI in AC.

Ok, thanks for reporting back though. I will double-check the pit line anyway as I think I am going to add a second set of sandbags as you enter the pits, just to slow the AI cars down even more - see if that helps the more powerful cars to navigate the pit hairpin :rolleyes:

I think I found the problem :) I was watching some AI drivers in the Lola T70 entering and leaving the pits, making sure the extra chicane was working. One of them left the pits, veered across the pitlane in a big arc and then crashed into the wall on the inside of the hairpin :O_o: I watched the replay and just before he drove away, his front left wheel 'snapped' and twisted, then he drove off out of control. I checked my 3ds max file and the AC_PIT object was slightly below ground level :rolleyes:

EDIT - nope, it wasn't that. The car had crashed into a lamp post after the hump breaking his suspension, then got hit by another car. He teleported back to the pits, waited, and then drove off still with broken suspension :O_o: Do the AI not get repaired by AC? Has anyone else seen this happen on other tracks? Or with other cars?

I think I found the problem :) I was watching some AI drivers in the Lola T70 entering and leaving the pits, making sure the extra chicane was working. One of them left the pits, veered across the pitlane in a big arc and then crashed into the wall on the inside of the hairpin :O_o: I watched the replay and just before he drove away, his front left wheel 'snapped' and twisted, then he drove off out of control. I checked my 3ds max file and the AC_PIT object was slightly below ground level :rolleyes:

EDIT - nope, it wasn't that. The car had crashed into a lamp post after the hump breaking his suspension, then got hit by another car. He teleported back to the pits, waited, and then drove off still with broken suspension :O_o: Do the AI not get repaired by AC? Has anyone else seen this happen on other tracks? Or with other cars?

Could it be that the damage points get cleared, but not the position? So that it immediately gets broken again?

I had an issue yesterday where one of my rear wheels was stuck part way in the ground after crashing out on the hump in the straight. Unfortunately I didn't think to grab a vid to show what happened. :/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%