Thomson Road Grand Prix

Tracks Thomson Road Grand Prix 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content

Fat-Alfie

Premium
Fat-Alfie submitted a new resource:

Thomson Road Grand Prix - The track used for Grand Prix racing in Singapore from 1961-1973
X9kHWxc.jpg

This is the first track I have completed and released for Assetto Corsa. I found it by accident and then completely fell in love with it.

It is a street circuit, half of it a twisty old road through the jungle, and the other half a newer, straighter section. It was used between 1961 and 1973, when it was cancelled due to financial and safety issues. It was badged as the Orient Year Grand...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Love the way you did your track-map. Very nice work you've done on this track. It runs great, even on my old PC! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Any body else falling through the road on start up?
I try a reinstall.

Ok, cancel this. I reinstalled and all is good. Must have had something to do with the unzipping.

I race on this track about 9 hrs in a row. Begin with Lotus 49, then try GT4, Praga, Carrera ... I can't stop. It's like small Singapore Nordschleife for me (I race half of my > 1300 hrs in game on it). Fantastic track.

@TheReaper GT I saw it lol

And I think, that it might be not the track not optimized, but the car which you are using, could it be ?
Sorry, what did you saw?
Well, I used several Kunos and MOD cars and the result was the same. My machine is modest but handles every other track at steady 60fps. I only have drops on those two or three sectors on replay cameras, no matter what camera set I'm using.

Nothing, just saw that you have an issue. As you wrote that few frames drops when car gets close to the camera, I though that it might be just that car lod is too heavy. IMO the track is perfectly optimised

Fabulous job!
I'm currently on a not-so-fast machine so I can't enjoy the full detail (I think I did keep the maximum world detail on), but it runs beautifully nontheless.
The 250F is such a mess there the first few laps (Green track) :D But so rewarding once the track grips and the feel for the car is back again.
Such a nice atmosphere with great detail.

EDIT: I almost forgot to mention my F1 GTR went flying off into the jungle on T1 :whistling: Enjoyed that!

Last edited:
Sorry, what did you saw?
Well, I used several Kunos and MOD cars and the result was the same. My machine is modest but handles every other track at steady 60fps. I only have drops on those two or three sectors on replay cameras, no matter what camera set I'm using.

I'll give it a try with other cars to check it out. Thanks :D

Tested several cars with several graphics settings. Same result, massive fps drop in replay mode at the two fast left handers after the slowest part of the track. I think I'll have to let this one go for now.

Tested several cars with several graphics settings. Same result, massive fps drop in replay mode at the two fast left handers after the slowest part of the track. I think I'll have to let this one go for now.
really due to replay you will not keep it?

The fps slow down on these two cameras is probably due to the dof settings used on em...

I always have less then 60 fps in replay.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 139 13.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 142 13.8%