Thomson Road Grand Prix

Tracks Thomson Road Grand Prix 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Not that I have anything to add to the above conversation, but interesting timing for this to get bumped up; did some driving here last night and was rudely reminded how terrible I am at this circuit! haha

Definitely need some more practice

You're not alone, trust me! ;)

I just ran a few laps in the 312/67, and it took me 3 attempts to get past The Hump in one piece :whistling:

It's a nice short lap though, compared to what I'm currently working on. I had forgotten just how much fun this track is :)

I was driving a Formula Ford, there's almost no excuse to crash in something that slow :D

Hmm... I have a feeling this might have something to do with my stupid idea to add more than 2 additional timing gates :cautious:

Could you try opening overlays.ini inside the thomson/data folder, delete [CHECKPOINT_3] and the 5 subsequent lines, and then resaving it?

I think the additional timing gates causes an error with an app but I can't remember which one it is.

Thanks for trying my track, though :thumbsup: (but sorry about the crashing :thumbsdown:)

Let me know how you get on.
I can't check it now, but I'm pretty sure my app could crash if it reaches more than the standard three splits.
Sorry for that too, it happened to see two splits but it's the first time I see four. I don't know when I'll be able to work on it

Fat-Alfie submitted a new resource:

Thomson Road Grand Prix - The track used for Grand Prix racing in Singapore from 1961-1973
X9kHWxc.jpg

Read more about this resource...
A great road circuit, but when a I drive against super cars, they keep crashing at the elevation in the long strait. Is there an update for this ?

For a long time hands did not reach this track. everything was lying around on the disk, and just recently I found time and rode it. and I regretted that I had delayed acquaintance with this track for so long. the track is very fun and atmospheric, I got a lot of pleasure after driving a couple of races on it. all your tracks are like diamonds, thank you so much for them.

Love this track, unfortunately there's no support for water, wetness to show up on the track when it's raining with CSP. Does anyone know how to add these effects into the track?

Fat-Alfie updated Thomson Road Grand Prix with a new update entry:

Thomson Road Grand Prix v1.1

I was asked to increase the number of grid slots from the original 24 to 36 so the track could be of more use in online racing, and it seemed like a good opportunity to correct a few small flaws that were in the track.

Changes:
- increased gridslots to 40
- added 3D dead leaves
- added bitumen joints where tarmac is patched
- increased grip for new tarmac / reduced for old
- brand new physical road mesh with better feel
- updated tree models for better shading
- new textures for white lines...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period