The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

1695847332474.png

I'm sorry.

I'm working on a model of Blackhawk Farms Raceway for Assetto Corsa on commission (it will be publicly available once the first update is ready and it has been paid for, released on RD of course). I've finished the base surface mesh (incl. curbs) and have created some basic ground textures, as well as edge decals. The curbs aren't textured yet. I foresee issues with modeling the trees; I've tried using Tree It to create both CSP 3D trees (utilized on my United Karting model) and bases for 2D trees, but I kinda suck at using Tree It and there are basically no tutorials or good examples out there for it. Anyone willing to share tree tips?
image.png
image.png

Lemme guess; running gear from the 2017 C3 World Rally Car?
I'm trying to make a fictionnal C15 homologated for DTM as if it was made by Citroën in the end of the eighties.
We're still debating if we should try to fit a PRV and 4WD in it, like the 155 v6 ti or if we should put a screaming I4 to keep it more C15ish ; lower power, traction and forgiving.
I'm open to suggestions on what would the community enjoy the most.

I'm trying to make a fictionnal C15 homologated for DTM as if it was made by Citroën in the end of the eighties.
We're still debating if we should try to fit a PRV and 4WD in it, like the 155 v6 ti or if we should put a screaming I4 to keep it more C15ish ; lower power, traction and forgiving.
If you want it to feel dtm’ish it should try to kill you at every corner. Make sense?

In that time period Cintroen and Peugeot were still indipendent, right? Else I think it should take the ridiculous T16 drivetrain basis:
peugeot-205-turbo-16.jpg

(the arrow points to the front of the car)

In that time period Cintroen and Peugeot were still indipendent, right?
I think that since Peugeot acquired Citroen in 70s that they share parts, platforms etc. For example 405 and BX share platform, but they do differ a lot; unlike Peugeot Boxer/Citroen Berlingo that are just different badges.

I think that since Peugeot acquired Citroen in 70s that they share parts, platforms etc. For example 405 and BX share platform, but they do differ a lot; unlike Peugeot Boxer/Citroen Berlingo that are just different badges.
In that time period Cintroen and Peugeot were still indipendent, right? Else I think it should take the ridiculous T16 drivetrain basis:
peugeot-205-turbo-16.jpg

(the arrow points to the front of the car)

Yep ! The C15D even uses the front geometry of the 205 ! So no problem swapping parts IMO !
Thanks for the crazy drivetrain schematic haha

Multimap_damage_dirt is actually slightly preferable if you don't have a normalmap, as it only uses the normalmap when the car gets damaged. even "flat_nm" is not quite flat in PerPixelMultimap. (just an issue with storing normals in an 8 bit per channel texture)

Just use plain white & fully transparent texture in diffuse/maps/dirt/damage until you create textures for them, and paint colour can go in the detail texture.
Hi, I am trying to do my first mod and runs into this problem with UV seam affecting reflection and visible in game and CM show rooms. Searched around online and found this old post, just wondering if there is a solution to this after all these years... Greatly appreciated in advance!

Last edited:
Hi, I am trying to do my first mod and runs into this problem with UV seam affecting reflection and visible in game and CM show rooms. Searched around online and found this old post, just wondering if there is a solution to this after all these years... Greatly appreciated in advance!
Nothing beyond what I said (use the damage_dirt shader, not ksPerPixelMultimap)

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 174 66.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 46 17.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.2%
Back