The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

ist.png

Istanbul Park track update for Assetto Corsa coming soon... :coffee:
(for acu_istanbul-park cause it's the only one we have until I eventually end up making Istanbul Park from scratch)

I have spent around a week on this already and I keep adding to it, and to be honest I don't think I will ever be satisfied with it. To prepare for the Formula 1 races in 2020 and 2021 there have been many substantial updates across the track in real life, I hope replicate those as best as I can with this track extension to create the definitive version of the track (for the time being). Been using it as a learning grounds for when I eventually make my own from scratch.

Track update includes:
  • Updated track textures and cleaned up paddock textures (reduced all that grunge that the original has)
  • Added full support for GrassFX and increased the resolution of the main grass textures as well as fixing the color both on the track and it's surroundings by separating the two
  • Updated asphalt
  • Re colored the pit building and added in the painted section that has the podium
  • Updated shaders to look more realistic.
  • added 3D tress using TreeFX
  • Removed unnecessary props
  • Added the missing grandstand on the final corner/start finish straight
  • Updated the bollards to have 3 stripes instead of 1 (I started to lose it after this point)
  • Fixed the green tarmac around the track to get it as accurate to real life as possible.
  • RainFX support
  • Numbers on top of the garages (as seen in the 2021 Turkish GP)
  • Updated the color/texture of the tire barriers to better match real life

Things that will be updated/added as time goes on:
  • Updated/Re done VAO
  • All the marshal boxes around the track
  • 3D animated track marshals (will be optional cause performance)
  • Accurate sausage curbs with proper physics and collision
  • Turkish firefighter vehicles and an ambulance (as seen in the 2021 Turkish GP)
  • Animated helicopter flying around the track (will be optional cause again performance)
  • The "pitlane" red stripe in front of the garages
  • Functioning garage doors
  • Cars parked in the car parks around the track
  • Updated hills around the track with a bunch more trees to actually make it a forest like it is in real life. (I keep making V trees instead of Y trees its a nightmare)

If there is anyone interested in helping me in this endeavor whether it be beta testing the updates or helping me achieve any of the following above please get in touch!

I will keep you all updated on this journey.

Thank you,
RK.

ist.png

Istanbul Park track update for Assetto Corsa coming soon... :coffee:
(for acu_istanbul-park cause it's the only one we have until I eventually end up making Istanbul Park from scratch)

I have spent around a week on this already and I keep adding to it, and to be honest I don't think I will ever be satisfied with it. To prepare for the Formula 1 races in 2020 and 2021 there have been many substantial updates across the track in real life, I hope replicate those as best as I can with this track extension to create the definitive version of the track (for the time being). Been using it as a learning grounds for when I eventually make my own from scratch.

Track update includes:
  • Updated track textures and cleaned up paddock textures (reduced all that grunge that the original has)
  • Added full support for GrassFX and increased the resolution of the main grass textures as well as fixing the color both on the track and it's surroundings by separating the two
  • Updated asphalt
  • Re colored the pit building and added in the painted section that has the podium
  • Updated shaders to look more realistic.
  • added 3D tress using TreeFX
  • Removed unnecessary props
  • Added the missing grandstand on the final corner/start finish straight
  • Updated the bollards to have 3 stripes instead of 1 (I started to lose it after this point)
  • Fixed the green tarmac around the track to get it as accurate to real life as possible.
  • RainFX support
  • Numbers on top of the garages (as seen in the 2021 Turkish GP)
  • Updated the color/texture of the tire barriers to better match real life

Things that will be updated/added as time goes on:
  • Updated/Re done VAO
  • All the marshal boxes around the track
  • 3D animated track marshals (will be optional cause performance)
  • Accurate sausage curbs with proper physics and collision
  • Turkish firefighter vehicles and an ambulance (as seen in the 2021 Turkish GP)
  • Animated helicopter flying around the track (will be optional cause again performance)
  • The "pitlane" red stripe in front of the garages
  • Functioning garage doors
  • Cars parked in the car parks around the track
  • Updated hills around the track with a bunch more trees to actually make it a forest like it is in real life. (I keep making V trees instead of Y trees its a nightmare)

If there is anyone interested in helping me in this endeavor whether it be beta testing the updates or helping me achieve any of the following above please get in touch!

I will keep you all updated on this journey.

Thank you,
RK.
The RACE07 track (which is what I believe this is based on) had a few minor inaccuracies. The main one was a massive bump in the middle of the back straight when the road dips down into the drop there was a massive hump.

So I´m trying to recreate Madras International Circuit, a not very well known racetrack in Chennai (India)
I´ll be posting advances as I create and texture all the props.
Captura de pantalla 2023-09-24 225204.jpg

Hey, I've been so busy with the day job recently so haven't touched it for a while. If I get some time I'll try to get it to a point that it's usable and get it out there. I may have to go down the Patreon route; I have some other tracks in the works like Kerpen, Daytona Milton Keynes V2 and a few others and a bit of income would help me squeeze in some time to get them to a decent level...
myself and im sure others on here would happily pay for this on patreon. seeing as the only other option is a £500 add on pack for rfactor2

myself and im sure others on here would happily pay for this on patreon. seeing as the only other option is a £500 add on pack for rfactor2
I've set up a Patreon but I've not really publicised it yet... https://www.patreon.com/assettocarl

I'll be working on a few tracks as if I'm going down the paid route I want to make sure people get good value. Because of the amount of time I put it though, I feel Patroen or paid content is the only way for it to work for me personally...

I'm currently making good progress on Kerpen...

Kerpen-Progress-05.png
Kerpen-Progress-04.png

I've set up a Patreon but I've not really publicised it yet... https://www.patreon.com/assettocarl

I'll be working on a few tracks as if I'm going down the paid route I want to make sure people get good value. Because of the amount of time I put it though, I feel Patroen or paid content is the only way for it to work for me personally...

I'm currently making good progress on Kerpen...

View attachment 696837View attachment 696838
Hey Carl, what’s your method to texture the terrain? Do you simply let the gmaps texture there or do you refine it later in some way?

Hey Carl, what’s your method to texture the terrain? Do you simply let the gmaps texture there or do you refine it later in some way?
I basically paint my own Diffuse map using the Google Maps or similar as a base. I remove all of the objects that aren't terrain, like people, cars, lights etc and then I also hand paint texture masks and use that to mix the various textures such as grass, dirt etc based on the colour of the diffuse map.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 170 66.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 112 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 118 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 70 27.3%
Back